Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prep team scores 72 points in first quarter

http://msn.foxsports.com/other/story...PHCP&GT1=10539

SMITH CENTER, Kan. (AP) - Smith Center scored 72 points in the first quarter of a high school football game Tuesday night on the way to an 86-0 win over Plainville, according to a report in the Salina, Kan., Journal.

Smith Center forced six turnovers in the first quarter as it racked up what is believed to be a record for points in a quarter by a high school team, the paper reported. The previous record was 66 by Prescott, Ariz., in 1925.
    The defending state champion has outscored its opponents 640-0 so far this season, including a 69-0 win over Plainville earlier this year.

how in the hell do you score 72 points in a quarter

i wonder how many scouts are attending these games
    sigpic

sig by B4B6..

Thats crazy. Are these schools big schools or smaller schools?
    sigpic

Comment

they are most likely small schools. i don't see how you can outscore your opponents 640-0 unless the other teams in your league have absolutely no athletic talent whatsoever

Comment

Probably a cupcake division. It's like the Div 2 (or was it 3) basketball team who scored like 200 (or 300?) points.

Comment

Hahhaha! Awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by BVP View Post
            Thats crazy. Are these schools big schools or smaller schools?
            I tried looking to see what class they were but couldnt find it anywhere..Just found there roster and season stats and schedules and whatnot but nothing related to there classification..I am assuming though with those kind of scores that they cant be above 3A.. I also saw a team photo and the kids didnt look TOO big, I think I only saw a few kids on the roster that were over 200 pounds.. So it is very likely it is a small school..
            WE ARE WHO THEY THOUGHT WE WERE

Comment

Yeah, I looked at it a little and it looked like the school was in a higher conference and then moved down because it was getting killed in a higher division. Typical.
              Rest in Peace, Darrent and Damien. You will be forever in our thoughts

Comment

Originally posted by SmithOverTO View Post
                Yeah, I looked at it a little and it looked like the school was in a higher conference and then moved down because it was getting killed in a higher division. Typical.
                If I was the head of high school football in Kansas, this team would have to suck it up in the higher conference. 640-0 is ridiculous for the season unless it is a 'good ol boy' system there.

Comment

Originally posted by Nomad Broncofan View Post
                  If I was the head of high school football in Kansas, this team would have to suck it up in the higher conference. 640-0 is ridiculous for the season unless it is a 'good ol boy' system there.
                  I know...that's practically...well, that is insane. Either they get to pick their choice of "players" or they're playing in an underwhelming conference. Regardless, something is fishy...
                  Rest in Peace, Darrent and Damien. You will be forever in our thoughts

Comment

I had read another article on this, and it was much more in depth. I just spent a few minutes looking for it, and unfortunately could not track it down.

I seem to remember they are a 2A-3A school that's just completely devoted to football. While I'm sure there's some underhanded stuff going on somewhere, it was actually kind of a cool read because the coach goes on to say about how bad he felt that it was happening. The first quarter involved something along the lines of 5 fumbles, and 2 interceptions one of which was returned for a touchdown. The team that won went 2-3 passing with 1 touchdown because they just simply stopped passing the ball. They also ended up kicking a field goal when it was 1st and goal at the 1 because the coach didn't know what else to do and didn't want to keep scoring touchdowns.

Check out Goal Line Blitz

WINNER of Elevation INC's Pick Your 53 Challenge....Sig to come!

Comment

Working...
                    X