Vote Mississippi State for Pontiac game-changing performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vote Mississippi State for Pontiac game-changing performance

Hey guys, if yall don't mind spending a minute right quick voting for Mississippi State for the Pontiac game-changing performance, it would be greatly appreciated! MSU rarely gets any attention from ESPN and it would be a real treat for all our fans to win this award. Johnson's play was the true definition of a game-changing performance. A 100 yard pick-6 turned what could have been a 16-3 deficit into a 10-9 lead and an eventual 17-12 win. So once again, if you have a spare minute, go vote for us! I'll give you a CP for your time!

https://r.espn.go.com/espn/contests/...7espnsearchola

Miss St had a great game against the Tide, but I think the Illini game was better.

Comment

But compare the 2 plays up for the award. Juice Williams had a 1 yard QB sneak. Any QB in the nation could have made that. Plus, they already had the lead when that play happened. Johnson's pick-6 turned what could have been a 16-3 deficit into a 10-9 lead. That is the definition of a game-changing performance!

Comment

Originally posted by BaileyTheBest View Post
        But compare the 2 plays up for the award. Juice Williams had a 1 yard QB sneak. Any QB in the nation could have made that. Plus, they already had the lead when that play happened. Johnson's pick-6 turned what could have been a 16-3 deficit into a 10-9 lead. That is the definition of a game-changing performance!
        I agree. Its not which game was most surprising or which game was the bigger upset.
        Its what play changed the Game hustlas

And I can do a QB sneak.
        I can also intercept a pass in the endzone.
        But what I cant do(well I'm sure I could) But its run it 100 plus yards for a TD.

Miss State vs Kansas in the BCS Bowl game

I will vote right now y'all.

Comment

Originally posted by JayCutler4MVP!!! View Post
          I agree. Its not which game was most surprising or which game was the bigger upset.
          Its what play changed the Game hustlas

And I can do a QB sneak.
          I can also intercept a pass in the endzone.
          But what I cant do(well I'm sure I could) But its run it 100 plus yards for a TD.

Miss State vs Kansas in the BCS Bowl game

I will vote right now y'all.
          Hah, that would be nice. But unfortunately stupid LSU clinched the west so no BCS game for us.

And thanks for the vote BJ! You are a smart and classy guy!

Comment

Sorry, not feeling it... maybe cuz The Buffs don't get ANY love from ESPN.. besides Chris Fowler being an alumni, you dont hear a peak about CU.. When CU had a HUGE W over Sooners, that was our, oh 5 minutes, of fame..

In actuality, Miss St did get an ESPN story when they hired their black coach.. I do remember that.. does CU get anything like that? uhh no..
            fight u dwn the fied..cu must win.. fight fight fr Victoy..cu knows no defet! so roll up the mighty score, Never Give in!!...shouler to shulder we will FIGHT..FIGHT ... FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!

Comment

Originally posted by broncofan303 View Post
              Sorry, not feeling it... maybe cuz The Buffs don't get ANY love from ESPN.. besides Chris Fowler being an alumni, you dont hear a peak about CU.. When CU had a HUGE W over Sooners, that was our, oh 5 minutes, of fame..

In actuality, Miss St did get an ESPN story when they hired their black coach.. I do remember that.. does CU get anything like that? uhh no..
              I didn't create this thread to start a pissing contest as to who gets more (or less) respect from ESPN. I'm sure there are plenty of other threads here for you to whine about the respect that CU gets.

Comment

I didn't create this thread to start a pissing contest as to who gets more (or less) respect from ESPN. I'm sure there are plenty of other threads here for you to whine about the respect that CU gets.
                Sorry dude, you just made it sound like we should vote for Miss State cuz ESPN doesn't give them love, when the truth is there are probably about 100 D1 NCAA teams on the same boat... It should NOT be a reason to vote for the Pontiac game-changing performance...

That aside, the last drive Illinois was Amazing! It wasn't only that 4th and 1, 3, count them, 3 third down conversions by Juice himself.. The game changing "play" was that 4th and 1 that lead to the Drive of all Drives, that is not easy to do especially against OSUs D...

Besides, Illinois beat the #1 team on the Road.. MSU barely escaped Bama at Home, there is a difference..
                fight u dwn the fied..cu must win.. fight fight fr Victoy..cu knows no defet! so roll up the mighty score, Never Give in!!...shouler to shulder we will FIGHT..FIGHT ... FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!

Comment

Sorry dude, you just made it sound like we should vote for Miss State cuz ESPN doesn't give them love, when the truth is there are probably about 100 D1 NCAA teams on the same boat... It should NOT be a reason to vote for the Pontiac game-changing performance...

That aside, the last drive Illinois was Amazing! It wasn't only that 4th and 1, 3, count them, 3 third down conversions by Juice himself.. The game changing "play" was that 4th and 1 that lead to the Drive of all Drives, that is not easy to do especially against OSUs D...

Besides, Illinois beat the #1 team on the Road.. MSU barely escaped Bama at Home, there is a difference..
                  It didn't ask which game as a whole was the most impressive or what was the biggest upset. It asked which single moment changed the game the most. If you think a QB sneak on 4th and 1 changed the game more than a 100 yard pick-6, then go right ahead and vote for it. And just for the record I watched both games, can you say that?

Comment

It didn't ask which game as a whole was the most impressive or what was the biggest upset. It asked which single moment changed the game the most. If you think a QB sneak on 4th and 1 changed the game more than a 100 yard pick-6, then go right ahead and vote for it. And just for the record I watched both games, can you say that?
                    Hmm... CU played at 10:30 and since I am a fan, I think I was watching that game... oh yea, and Michigan/Wisconsin, A&M/Missouri, KState/Nebraska, Air Force/ND was also on at the same time... I can safely say I didn't watch that game..

You do know this was on the Illinois's own 30 on 4th and 1.. if OSU gets the ball back and scores, wouldn't that ONE play be a difference in the game? So yes, my vote goes to that..

I dont even know why we're arguing about this.. they both were big plays and I guess its just a difference of opinion... ESPN wouldn't of voted both of them to be on there for no reason..

Comment

Ya know, as it said in the OP, I would have given you a CP for voting for State. Sucks for you!

Comment

You started this thread and asked for a vote the game changer and I gave it to you but you get mad because I don't agree with your vote or have sympathy because MSST does get love from ESPN. MSST play was a great play, but I think the one yd rush was a better play because it was against the #1 defense who was the #1 team at their house and those one yd runs aren't always a gimme! I expected OSU to hold them and come back but to my surprise they didn't! But MSST and Georgia does have the love from the LSU fans!
                        Last edited by Nomad Broncofan; 11-15-2007, 06:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nomad Broncofan View Post
                          You started this thread and asked for a vote the game changer and I gave it to you but you get mad because I don't agree with your vote or have sympathy because MSST does get love from ESPN. MSST play was a great play, but I think the one yd rush was a better play because it was against the #1 defense who was the #1 team at their house and those one yd runs aren't always a gimme! I expected OSU to hold them and come back but to my surprise they didn't! But MSST and Georgia does have the love from the LSU fans!
                          You seem to be the one getting mad. I was just offering my opinion and giving my reasons why I think yours is wrong. Isn't that what message boards are all about? Besides, I'm offering free CP to anyone who votes for State!

Comment

I agree completely.

Comment

Originally posted by CrazieCrunchie View Post
                              I agree completely.
                              Thank you! So its just not me is it...

No-one is doubting that MSU had a huge play that probably changed the game around... but the Illinois play was HUGE! Again, just a difference of opinion, no reason to get frustrated..

With MSU getting the game-changing nomination tells you they do get some love from ESPN... Because there were ole say 50 college games over the weekend and they choose the 1/4 plays to be MSU, that is saying something..

Comment

Working...
                              X