Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hawkins to forfeit game if nebraska gets a lead...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hawkins to forfeit game if nebraska gets a lead...

did you guys hear this story? what the **** is this? hawkins is really lowering himself in my eyes this year. it's sounding more and more like we hired a triple play instead of a home run. i love the way he cleverly deflects blame to everyone except himself when something bad happens. "oh, the coaches had a crap gameplan, i'm going to punish the players by making them run until they drop. that'll teach them to not come up with their own gameplan" "oh, we failed a stupid fourth down conversion in our own territory that was the turning point in the game. well, we converted one earlier in the game so it is not my fault" "oh, i am getting the crap outcoached of me by callahan again, i'm going to forfeit and blame it on the students instead of admitting that i suck". it sounds like he's already counting the game as a loss, why else would he talk about fans acting up? everyone knows it's not going to happen unless we get blown out... if he really DOES forfeit the game, i hope he gets a player mutiny on his hands and is forced to resign immediately. it's beyond ridiculous that he even threatened to do that

As a Boise State fan I am here to tell you that Dan Hawkins loves to see his name in the newspaper. I am truly thankful that Colorado hired Hawk, the Zen Master, and BSU hired the real brains of the operation Chris Petersen,who is 23-1 as a Head Coach.
    GO BRONCOS!!! BEAT HAWAII
    A Mile High Salute to the greatest Broncos fan of them all.Tim"Barrelman"McKernan,you have given us so many wonderful memories seeing you in the stands of all the Denver Broncos games over the years supporting the team that we all love

LETS WIN ONE SUNDAY FOR THE BARRELMAN! You will be missed

Comment

ya, i should have seen it as a warning when he got rid of hankwitz and hired that moron collins. but i got caught up in the hype of his winning percentage. but he seems like a fool right now... he doesn't seem to care about defense at all. apparently he thinks that his offense will be unstoppable eventually, t hat's what he said near beginning of the season. even by the way he is recruiting. all of our speed is on offense, none in the secondary.
      what sucks is that with so many head coaching openings, there is 0 chance that cu would be able to hire a good one in the near future.

Comment

*sigh*

I won't even bother

Comment

Well i'm excited for the OFFENSE of the Huskers next year.

Comment

Originally posted by aberdien View Post

I'd agree with that........ Keller who?

Ganz the man

Comment

Originally posted by aberdien View Post
              Originally posted by CutlerRules6 View Post

I'd agree with that........ Keller who?

Ganz the man
              Um. Go Buffs?

Comment

I just have to ask you Panda.

Did we forfeit today?

And has your opinion changed?

Comment

somewhat... i'm very happy with the win and feel better about the future of cu after that game. but i still believe collins is a moron and have never liked him (especially considering we had one of the top defensive coordinators in the country before him). did you catch his postgame comments? "i didn't really make any adjustments, i just asked the players what plays they wanted me to run". wow i almost put my head through the tv on the drive that put nebraska up 11 points when he kept rushing 3 and they were getting 20 yards a play. and both of nebraska's late touchdowns came when we were rushing 3, i don't understand why he keeps doing it when we keep getting gashed by teams while running it. and i was just really angry about hawkins' comments before the game. i still think it was stupid for him to threaten to forfeit the game if fans acted up, especially since the fans have treated him well since he got here.

Comment

Originally posted by DrunkPanda View Post
                    somewhat... i'm very happy with the win and feel better about the future of cu after that game. but i still believe collins is a moron and have never liked him (especially considering we had one of the top defensive coordinators in the country before him). did you catch his postgame comments? "i didn't really make any adjustments, i just asked the players what plays they wanted me to run". wow i almost put my head through the tv on the drive that put nebraska up 11 points when he kept rushing 3 and they were getting 20 yards a play. and both of nebraska's late touchdowns came when we were rushing 3, i don't understand why he keeps doing it when we keep getting gashed by teams while running it. and i was just really angry about hawkins' comments before the game. i still think it was stupid for him to threaten to forfeit the game if fans acted up, especially since the fans have treated him well since he got here.
                    Hawkins is a family man is one of the leaders in this BIG XII sportsmanship spiel. He is pretty sick of the constant problems that fans cause, in a way its upsetting because it shows how fun the rivalry can be.

Only way to get through to our fans really is threatening to intentionally lose a game that matters most to them. *shrug* they didnt act up all that much today either.

Collins. Eh. He trusts his players. The players know their stuff. He's taught em up.

And from the looks of it. The plays they wanted to call worked. When it boiled down to working with the Prevent at the end of the game we wouldnt have allowed as many points.

The team will be fine

Comment

Working...
                    X