Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rich Rodriguez to ruin Michigan football......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great hire. This effectively puts Michigan in the running for #1 HS prospect and dual-threat QB Terrelle Pryor, who some call the next Vince Young. If I were a Michigan fan (which I'm not), I wouldn't care if Mallett transfered if it meant getting Pryor. RR will make that offense better and use those athletes to their fullest potential, and the spread is a wonderful offense. When executed to perfection, it is impossible to stop.

Comment

Originally posted by Max Power View Post
      Great hire. This effectively puts Michigan in the running for #1 HS prospect and dual-threat QB Terrelle Pryor, who some call the next Vince Young. If I were a Michigan fan (which I'm not), I wouldn't care if Mallett transfered if it meant getting Pryor. RR will make that offense better and use those athletes to their fullest potential, and the spread is a wonderful offense. When executed to perfection, it is impossible to stop.

What makes you think Pryor is better than Mallet? We've seen Mallet......

Comment

Originally posted by Jared View Post
        How so?

Because everyone knew they were likely to run and still couldn't stop it?

Or because it works?

You do remember that this offense, with Slaton and White as freshmen, beat two touchdown favorite Georgia in the 2006 Sugar Bowl? In Atlanta? That's a team that plays traditional football. Georgia played hard for 3 quarters, but got their asses whipped in the first and couldn't over come.

I say woe be the coach who downplays this offense. Since every play is run out of the same look, defensive players have no idea which way the play will go or who is getting the ball.

I will never get with an offense that goes shotgun 99% of the time....Never!

I NEED a running game, not a bunch of draws and half-assed options with 150LB RB's. A real traditional running game!

The day the game of football is nothing but Spread/Gimmick offenses is the day I no longer watch football.

Cause I'd rather watch Georgia lose than watch the WV's put up 100 points.

Michigan Football was Ideal Football......

Comment

Originally posted by stnzed View Post
          What makes you think Pryor is better than Mallet? We've seen Mallet......
          Better mobility, making him a better fit for RR's offense.

Comment

Originally posted by Max Power View Post
            Better mobility, making him a better fit for RR's offense.

A better fit?....Apparently that doesn't matter to Michigan any longer.

Rodriguez doesn't fit, Martin is just chasing the Big Name cause everyone else told him to pound sand......

Comment

Great Signing. I'm thrilled with this.... way to go michigan!

Comment

I am too actually... was actually kinda bored with Michigan lol
                Bronco fan from Packer Land.
                Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
                Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Comment

Figured I would share this since the RR thing is this big of news

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/200...audibles/5894/
                  Bronco fan from Packer Land.
                  Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
                  Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Comment

It's a great hire, IMHO. Big 10 isn't your traditional power conference as much as it used to be.

OT: Did you guys hear the speculation on who's 'intrigued' with the WV job?

Nick Saban.........

Comment

Originally posted by silkamilkamonic View Post
                      It's a great hire, IMHO. Big 10 isn't your traditional power conference as much as it used to be.

Nick Saban.........
                      I heard that the Bowden boy was interested... but I think its hilarious that someone spread that rumor. I would be surprised if Patrino doesn't move on and sign with WV. After all, he's been signed for nearly a week now, its almost time for him to start looking elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
                        I heard that the Bowden boy was interested... but I think its hilarious that someone spread that rumor. I would be surprised if Patrino doesn't move on and sign with WV. After all, he's been signed for nearly a week now, its almost time for him to start looking elsewhere.
                        BWHAHAHAHAHAHA

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
                        You should check these guys out

Comment

Originally posted by silkamilkamonic View Post

Nick Saban.........
                          Actually when Saban was at LSU he made comments about always wanting to coach at WV. I highly doubt he gets there, but he did make the comments at one time. And I can see why speculation would be running high with Saban.

Comment

The speculation is that Nick Saba's agent has contacted WV.

From there it goes 2 ways;

1)he's trying to negotiate with them about a package that wouldn't give him a 50% salary cut, but it would still be more then Rodriguez made

2)he's contacting them to give a referral for somebody else...

http://wbgv.wordpress.com/2007/12/17...-contacts-wvu/

....I haven't decided how much wight I'm putting into this story, especially since other candidates have emerged.

Comment

Well the spread offense sure did tear up Michigan this year, App St. Oregon, maybe the defense will be able to stop those teams when they face one in practice everyday. Illinios beast OSU with it. You are most likely going to see more of a standard offense this year untill Rich can start getting the players he wants.

Its what happens in football, West Cost offense, run-n-shoot, spread, game plans change and the offense that Rich is running is popular. Michigan obviously wanted something new and here you go.
                              Thanks WhiteDragon!

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=85326 Last years 1st RD Mock
                              GM Draft-#24-CB Aqib Talib Kansas
                              #54-WR Earl Bennett Vandy
                              #85-G Roy Schuening OSU
                              #114(via HOU-Pacman Trade) TE Brad Cottam TEN
                              #120 LB Ben Moffit USF
                              Block: TE Troupe RB Brown DT Starks

Comment

wow, didnt really see a spread coach comming, especially with our current players....dont know of the guys we have comming in yet other than that mcguffie kid who has 10000000000 videos on youtube but hopefully a quick QB is on the way in

Comment

Working...
                                X