Jack Elway highlights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DancingHorsey View Post
    He's only a 2 star prospect? I guess he didn't inherit much of the quarterback genes.
    It changes all throughout the season, DH, at one point he was as high as a 4star......He's been a steady 3star most of the season, I believe.

But his final game was a clunker, he had something like 6 INT's in the last meaningful High School game of his life.

Btw, Jack has one vote, it's good to see that Janet has joined the boards......

Comment

To I_Only_Like_Jay, and Beast7

Okay.

1. When you're username tells us all that you only like one player....that simply shouts that you're not even a fan of the team...

I mean, there's no other way to interpret that. You're on the Jay Cutler bandwagon, and that is it.

You remind me of a girl I went to high school with who only rooted for Green Bay because she thought Brett Favre was hot.

And my sister who only liked Miami because she liked Dan Marino.

So...if you want us to take you seriously, don't make it obvious that you're only a fan of one player. If you're going to be a fan of one person, then take up spectating golf, or tennis...or nascar.

Also, you continue to use the San Fransisco Super Bowl as your example.

Denver lost that SB to a QB that was MVP 3 times and won 4 of his teams total 5 SB's. Montana is the greatest QB to ever play the game, that's a given. Brady doesn't hold a candle to the guy and never will, no matter what anyone says.

Elway, in my opinion is just below Montana. What's so great about Aikman and Young? Young only won 1 SB. Don't even put him in there.

You're right about them all being spectacular QB's, but when you're on some website looking at stats instead of talking from experience or watching the guy play, you can't really build an argument.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but you are arguing is faulty.

You cannot come onto a Denver Bronco board and announce you dislike Elway without any real good reason, besides his passer rating (which doesn't mean jack by the way) and the fact that you think Cutler is better than he, even though Cutler be unproven.

Montana was the greatest, and Elway is by far one of the greatest to ever play as well. Young and Aikman don't hold a candle to either of them. Sure winning SBs is the end all, but another part of it is how great they were overall playing the game. And those two were true field generals.

And you might want to stop mentioning Marino cuz the guy only made it to one SB and lost. For all his "okayness" you talk about, it didn't get him anywhere.

If you want to talk about great QBs, leave out Marino all together, because you forgot three others. Brett Favre is by far one of the NFL's greatest poster-QBs ever to play the game for a team who has more prestige than probably the majority of the rest of them. Brady already has overshadowed your Aikman and Young and Marino. And dare I say it, he's even got more SB wins than Elway. Although I don't consider him greater than Elway by any means, that still is pretty impressive.

Peyton Manning as well...he's a giant choke-fest in playoffs and up until last season had never won the big one either. That in no way makes him an "okay" QB because we all know that guy is a master playcaller.

So...the moral of the story is:

it's okay to dislike a player, even Elway. But...back it up with better ammo than what you've thrown so far. And maybe don't make it so obvious that you really are not a fan of the TEAM but just a ROOKIE player who hasn't even proven himself quite yet.

All Cutler has right now is potential to be great. Even ESPN said it when they said of all the young QB's coming up, Cutler was the most likely to become the next Peyton Manning or Tom Brady....and I'm okay with that. I'd rather have a QB like that than a QB like Dan Marino.

That also reminds me. Favre only has one SB win as well. So....and I only focus heavy on that because it seems like you have. If you care so much about how many SB's a QB has won, and whether that makes them great or not, then....there's no one better than Montana or Bradshaw. Case Closed.

And finally, Beast7:

give it up man. let the lady have her faulted opinion. because the second Cutler's passer rating and INT's start to pile up (over a LONG career) she'll move on to some other rookie "good looking" QB.

Maybe she'll leave you alone and go pester whatever board of the pro team that gambles stupidly on Colt Brennan?
      sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

Originally posted by RealBronco View Post
        Okay.

1. When you're username tells us all that you only like one player....that simply shouts that you're not even a fan of the team...

I mean, there's no other way to interpret that. You're on the Jay Cutler bandwagon, and that is it.

You remind me of a girl I went to high school with who only rooted for Green Bay because she thought Brett Favre was hot.

And my sister who only liked Miami because she liked Dan Marino.

So...if you want us to take you seriously, don't make it obvious that you're only a fan of one player. If you're going to be a fan of one person, then take up spectating golf, or tennis...or nascar.

Also, you continue to use the San Fransisco Super Bowl as your example.

Denver lost that SB to a QB that was MVP 3 times and won 4 of his teams total 5 SB's. Montana is the greatest QB to ever play the game, that's a given. Brady doesn't hold a candle to the guy and never will, no matter what anyone says.

Elway, in my opinion is just below Montana. What's so great about Aikman and Young? Young only won 1 SB. Don't even put him in there.

You're right about them all being spectacular QB's, but when you're on some website looking at stats instead of talking from experience or watching the guy play, you can't really build an argument.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but you are arguing is faulty.

You cannot come onto a Denver Bronco board and announce you dislike Elway without any real good reason, besides his passer rating (which doesn't mean jack by the way) and the fact that you think Cutler is better than he, even though Cutler be unproven.

Montana was the greatest, and Elway is by far one of the greatest to ever play as well. Young and Aikman don't hold a candle to either of them. Sure winning SBs is the end all, but another part of it is how great they were overall playing the game. And those two were true field generals.

And you might want to stop mentioning Marino cuz the guy only made it to one SB and lost. For all his "okayness" you talk about, it didn't get him anywhere.

If you want to talk about great QBs, leave out Marino all together, because you forgot three others. Brett Favre is by far one of the NFL's greatest poster-QBs ever to play the game for a team who has more prestige than probably the majority of the rest of them. Brady already has overshadowed your Aikman and Young and Marino. And dare I say it, he's even got more SB wins than Elway. Although I don't consider him greater than Elway by any means, that still is pretty impressive.

Peyton Manning as well...he's a giant choke-fest in playoffs and up until last season had never won the big one either. That in no way makes him an "okay" QB because we all know that guy is a master playcaller.

So...the moral of the story is:

it's okay to dislike a player, even Elway. But...back it up with better ammo than what you've thrown so far. And maybe don't make it so obvious that you really are not a fan of the TEAM but just a ROOKIE player who hasn't even proven himself quite yet.

All Cutler has right now is potential to be great. Even ESPN said it when they said of all the young QB's coming up, Cutler was the most likely to become the next Peyton Manning or Tom Brady....and I'm okay with that. I'd rather have a QB like that than a QB like Dan Marino.

That also reminds me. Favre only has one SB win as well. So....and I only focus heavy on that because it seems like you have. If you care so much about how many SB's a QB has won, and whether that makes them great or not, then....there's no one better than Montana or Bradshaw. Case Closed.

And finally, Beast7:

give it up man. let the lady have her faulted opinion. because the second Cutler's passer rating and INT's start to pile up (over a LONG career) she'll move on to some other rookie "good looking" QB.

Maybe she'll leave you alone and go pester whatever board of the pro team that gambles stupidly on Colt Brennan?
        Magnificent post. :clap:

CP to you

Comment

No, I don't think Jack will be as good as his dad. He has a nice arm, but he plays streaky for one of the best CO high school teams. I think he could turn out to be a decent QB like Plummer or Kitna if he absorbs enough good coaching, but I bet he gets drafted late rounds (like 6th or 7th) due to his name and then gets cut in the first wave.

Comment

Originally posted by CinnaMunMun View Post
            No, I don't think Jack will be as good as his dad. He has a nice arm, but he plays streaky for one of the best CO high school teams. I think he could turn out to be a decent QB like Plummer or Kitna if he absorbs enough good coaching, but I bet he gets drafted late rounds (like 6th or 7th) due to his name and then gets cut in the first wave.
            i also don't think he'll be as great. however, maybe it runs in the blood. maybe he'll be better. maybe he'll suck like ryan leaf. who knows.

however, i'd say he's had enough great coaching for his entire life considering who his father is
            sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

few to none will be as good as John Elway

RIP Darrent It's been one year, Gone but never Forgotten.

I Adopted JayCutler4MVP!!! and DJ Williams

Comment

Who knows what the future holds for young Jack! I didn't watch John in HS or college and I saw one HS game Jack played in on Fox Sport RM. It will be hard to repeat what John Elway did in his football career especially the NFL but it's not impossible for Jack to repeat. I guess we'll have to wait and see, but my bias toward John says his son won't be as good as his dad.

Comment

Originally posted by I_Only_Like_Jay View Post
                  Nope. His dad wasn't really that "good" anyway. But I mean I guess he could be good like Eli is Payton. The poor kid will never live up. No one ever will, except maybe Cutler (but the jury is still out on that one), thanks to the fans.
                  Single most asinine post I've seen from you yet, and there has been some good ones

Comment

Originally posted by str8jacket View Post
                    Single most asinine post I've seen from you yet, and there has been some good ones
                    LOL

I knew I wasn't the only one who thought that post was asinine.

Comment

Originally posted by Nomad Broncofan View Post
                      Who knows what the future holds for young Jack! I didn't watch John in HS or college and I saw one HS game Jack played in on Fox Sport RM. It will be hard to repeat what John Elway did in his football career especially the NFL but it's not impossible for Jack to repeat. I guess we'll have to wait and see, but my bias toward John says his son won't be as good as his dad.
                      I agree. We can't tell how good he is gonna be. Their is still plenty of time for him to improve and get better. He still has a good shot to start as a Sophmore at Arizona State.

By the way, which game did you watch on FSN?
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BVP View Post
                        I agree. We can't tell how good he is gonna be. Their is still plenty of time for him to improve and get better. He still has a good shot to start as a Sophmore at Arizona State.

By the way, which game did you watch on FSN?

Cherry Creek vs Grandview! I made a thread at broncosforums.

Comment

Originally posted by Nomad Broncofan View Post
                          Cherry Creek vs Grandview! I made a thread at broncosforums.
                          Oh. That was a pretty good game. I went to his game against Mullen, and I have to admit, if his O-Line was decent, then they could have won that game. They just got beat so many times and Elway couldn't really do much with the ball.
                          sigpic

Comment

The chances are slim that he'll be better, but then again, Peyton is better than his dad ever was and Eli is at least AS good as his dad, so we'll have to see.

Comment

Working...
                            X