T-Wheat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T-Wheat

Footballsfuture.com has a list of a few players in which they think will be decent draft sleepers. Included is our very own T-Wheat.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2008/sleepers.html

If foxy is for some reason released/traded/whatever the speculation (even though i'd hate to see that) broncs will need some depth. Broncs acquire wheats in the 3rd/4th rnd? who would be happy w/ that? (yeah, all us buffs, that's WHO! )

Terrence Wheatley, CB, Colorado
    Wheatley is one of the best pure corners in the draft. He is athletic, quick, and fast but couples that with excellent ball skills and playmaking ability. On talent alone, he is a Top 50 selection. Wrist injuries have sidelined him and bothered him at various points though, which may be of concern. He also only has average size at best, and will lose out to bigger, physical receivers. If healthy though, Wheatley has the ability to develop into a quality NFL defender.

Our boys:
    Let's draft her....

NICE!! Just them mentioning his name alone is worth the honor, he's going to be a solid pro IMO, probably not a CB1 but more of a CB2/CB3 kind of guy... I would love to have this guy on our team... How about the other senior on the Buffs D? #44... that dude is going to be a great pro... he's always around the ball and rarely misses a tackle..
    fight u dwn the fied..cu must win.. fight fight fr Victoy..cu knows no defet! so roll up the mighty score, Never Give in!!...shouler to shulder we will FIGHT..FIGHT ... FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!

Comment

i'm still irritated by the fact that shanahan wouldn't draft crosby. he was a complete steal and shanahan STILL wouldn't take him. he better pick up a lot of buffaloes in this draft to make up for it

Comment

I'd take him or Charles, maybe even Ellis.

Samson Jagoras did do a pretty good job of blocking out of the FB position.

Polumbus will be a late round selection, may go undrafted.

Anyone who says we will draft T-Wheat for special teams has no idea what they are talking about however (Kind of irrelevant right now, but I have seen the idea thrown around once or twice here)

Comment

I think wheats being a "sleeper" is a good assessment. Smallish size, but good speed, always around the ball. And special teams guy? I'm thinkin' starter. T-wheat, polumbus, dizon. Bein' a homer, broncos takin' these 3 guys fills 3 needs. (corner isn't a need.........until they stupidly trade foxy)
          Let's draft her....

Comment

Originally posted by jumpslash View Post
            I think wheats being a "sleeper" is a good assessment. Smallish size, but good speed, always around the ball. And special teams guy? I'm thinkin' starter. T-wheat, polumbus, dizon. Bein' a homer, broncos takin' these 3 guys fills 3 needs. (corner isn't a need.........until they stupidly trade foxy)
            He's not a special team guy.

He maybe is a lock to get to the 20-25 every time, he just does not have the break away speed. He never had a return of 50 yards or more if I remember the past couple years right.

Comment

Originally posted by str8jacket View Post
              He's not a special team guy.

He maybe is a lock to get to the 20-25 every time, he just does not have the break away speed. He never had a return of 50 yards or more if I remember the past couple years right.
              you mean like every other broncos pk/kr guy? haha......then he's a PERFECT FIT!
              Let's draft her....

Comment

Originally posted by jumpslash View Post
                you mean like every other broncos pk/kr guy? haha......then he's a PERFECT FIT!
                Our problem isn't our returners.

It's the blocking.

Comment

mcbride looked really good as punt returner early on... but then he got this idea into his head that it would be a better idea to run sideways until he got tackled every time instead of forward

Comment

Originally posted by DrunkPanda View Post
                    mcbride looked really good as punt returner early on... but then he got this idea into his head that it would be a better idea to run sideways until he got tackled every time instead of forward
                    Worked for him against OU

We really havent had a good returner since Ben Kelly

Comment

I would like to see T-Wheat and Dizon in the Orange and Blue.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BVP View Post
                        I would like to see T-Wheat and Dizon in the Orange and Blue.
                        Both undersized, good speed guys. Sound like prototypical Broncos ALREADY!....Dizon would be cool. But i really want to see what t-wheat brings to the table. Hopefully the broncs give the guy a look.
                        Let's draft her....

Comment

Working...
                        X