If Colorado went 13-0 next year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Colorado went 13-0 next year

would they be in the national championship game? keep in mind, this is hypothetical so don't try to say "it's not going to happen" or anything, that's not the point.
    i was having an argument with someone online and they kept insisting that even if CU went 13-0 (with the big 12 championship title) they would get passed over for the national championship if some powerhouse schools went 11-1.
    i would like to hear input from other college fans here (except the wac ones because they are delusional ).

my main argument is that we play in the big 12 and ANY team that goes undefeated in a conference like the big 12, big 10, SEC, Pac 10 is going to the national championship game based on the fact that they beat a ton of quality opponents

he claims that CU would get passed over because we are seen as a weak team . please.... everyone knows CU. it's not like we are toledo or southeastern memphis university... it's only been 2 years since we were ranked in the top 25 afterall
    Last edited by DrunkPanda; 01-02-2008, 05:32 PM.

IMO, the only way a team from a BCS conference goes undefeated and doesn't play for the national title is if 2 other BCS conference teams go undefeated, ala Auburn a few years back.

Comment

that's EXACTLY what i said. except that i thought auburn got passed over for a 1 loss team and an undefeated team... i might be remembering things wrong

Comment

I think it would come down to the schedule, and as someone mentioned above, if there are any other undefeated teams.

Comment

Originally posted by BaileyTheBest View Post
          IMO, the only way a team from a BCS conference goes undefeated and doesn't play for the national title is if 2 other BCS conference teams go undefeated, ala Auburn a few years back.
          Cosigned. Although CU is my college team(went to Texas at San Antonio, no football program), I don't think it will be an issue.

Here's for your optimism Panda!!!

Comment

It's not "IF" Colorado goes 13-0, its "WHEN" the Buffs go 13-0 next year... lol

But yes, no doubt.. with wins over WV, FSU, Texas, Mizzou and probably Oklahoma in the Big 12 title game, they would definitely deserve to go... I think even an early loss to WV or FSU would give buffs a valid argument for the title game...
            fight u dwn the fied..cu must win.. fight fight fr Victoy..cu knows no defet! so roll up the mighty score, Never Give in!!...shouler to shulder we will FIGHT..FIGHT ... FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!

Comment

Sorry Panda, I'm going to chime in anyway.

Actually I don't technically count as a WAC fan so whatever.

Anyway, I would not be surprised if they got passed up. I mean, LSU is a two loss team playing for the NC over plenty of one loss teams, some of whom didn't get their one loss until late in the season...like Mizzou, Kansas etc.

You'd think they deserve a shot over a team with two losses, but unfortunately that's not how the BCS works.

Now, also...it would be obsurd to think they'd be anywhere below #5 or even #4 but probably only if there was another undefeated in the mix.

Although as long as Hawkins is your coach, I wouldn't put my hopes in any undefeated season any time soon.

But hey, more power to them.
              sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

I think other things factor in, like how convincing each win was or if they have trouble beating weak opponents. They would go to the Title game if they went undefeated. Just like Kansas would have. But with one or two losses, the Big 12 will get skipped everytime.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RealBronco View Post
                  Although as long as Hawkins is your coach, I wouldn't put my hopes in any undefeated season any time soon.

But hey, more power to them.
                  That wasn't the question.

If CU goes 13-0 and wins the Big 12 title, they would be in the NCG unless there were two other undefeated teams. No question.

Comment

They would be in the national championship.

Playing teams like WVU, Texass, FSU, strength of schedule is to our advantage.

No question, we arent playing in the WACK

Comment

Working...
                    X