Report: Jones quits Hawaii

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Report: Jones quits Hawaii

Sporting News.com banner has breaking news June Jones quits as Hawaii coach.

Just came down a few mins, no links yet. SportingNews is a major site so I will get links when the become available.

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn...c.php?t=333677

Looks like the money talked, but Jones took a shot at the Hawaii athletic department.
    Jones is leaving because of "a lack of loyalty and commitment from athletic department leaders," among other things, according to the report.
    HONOLULU -- The University of Hawaii has offered football coach June Jones a contract that would make him the highest-paid coach in the Western Athletic Conference or the Mountain West Conference.

Hawaii athletic director Herman Frazier told The Honolulu Advertiser the school's president, the UH-Manoa chancellor and himself collectively made the offer.

They made it both to Jones directly and later to his agent Leigh Steinberg.

Jones is traveling to Dallas this weekend to discuss the open head coaching position at SMU.

Jones is coming off the most successful season in UH history, going 12-0 in the regular season before losing to Georgia in the Sugar Bowl.

Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
    Guess they did not offer him 2 mill!
    Last edited by BroncoAV06; 01-05-2008, 07:40 PM.
    Thanks WhiteDragon!

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=85326 Last years 1st RD Mock
    GM Draft-#24-CB Aqib Talib Kansas
    #54-WR Earl Bennett Vandy
    #85-G Roy Schuening OSU
    #114(via HOU-Pacman Trade) TE Brad Cottam TEN
    #120 LB Ben Moffit USF
    Block: TE Troupe RB Brown DT Starks

hilarious! after the embarrassment he got his team into, I'd walk away also.
    11/6/11 - The day the Oakland Raiders got raptured!

Comment

Originally posted by DBfan187 View Post
      hilarious! after the embarrassment he got his team into, I'd walk away also.
      He's being offered a lot more money by another team. Hard to pass up when you are talking that kind of cash.

Comment

BTW.... I hear Mike Martz is someone that may be interested in the hawaii job.

Comment

hilarious!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
            BTW.... I hear Mike Martz is someone that may be interested in the hawaii job.
            he'd be a perfect fit.

Comment

Yup. Sucks.

I want Brian Billick to be the new HC

Comment

Brian will land an NFL job somewhere. The fact that he has a ring will get him another chance in the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by BaileyTheBest View Post
                  Brian will land an NFL job somewhere. The fact that he has a ring will get him another chance in the NFL.
                  he may go as a OC somewhere, but he's not going to get a HC job in the NFL right now. No way.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
                    he may go as a OC somewhere, but he's not going to get a HC job in the NFL right now. No way.
                    yeah, i was referring to any nfl job in general. i don't see him going to college.

Comment

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Comment

Hey, he took Hawaii from a floating turd in the pacific to a BCS bowl game i wonder what he can do with SMU a team still trying to recover from the NCAA Death penilty, i know one thing, the talent in the State of Texas alone will give him a hard on.
                        "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

Comment

I hear Gary Barnett is interested

Comment

BTW who is the wuss who didn't leave their name on a CP that said "good luck with your garbage team with your new garbage HC" ?

At least leave your name so I can add you to my list of "People To Neg When I Can Neg"

Comment

Originally posted by NickTranOwnz View Post
                              BTW who is the wuss who didn't leave their name on a CP that said "good luck with your garbage team with your new garbage HC" ?

At least leave your name so I can add you to my list of "People To Neg When I Can Neg"
                              Can be assured it wasn't me, I'm a big enough e-jerk I'd sign it

Comment

Working...
                              X