Scott leaning towards UT.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scott leaning towards UT.....

For all those Buffs faithfull out there, I have come with bad news.

Stay up to date with all the Colorado Buffaloes sports news, recruiting, transfers, and more at 247Sports.com

A new interview with D-Scott shows that he is clearly favoring Texas now.

Some parts which trouble me..........

When he said that Texas is now more enticing then Colorado now that Charles is gone.

And finally when he said that there were NO cons for Texas.

Now I know that he still may very well come to Colorado, but Jamal Charles might have single handily ruined our chances at him.

Remember we still have Ray Polk the #12 RB in the nation and PT Gates (Hopefully he will be here) which would make an amazing duo.

Our running game would be good without scott, but he would put it over the top and only help recruiting in the future.

Thoughts?

You know I would really love to have Scott as a Buff... but 5-star RBs hasn't been great to us... latest, Marcus Houston... Thinking of past successful buffs RBs, these guys weren't 5-star athletes... And I really like Lockridge, that kid has some good speed and moves.. And who knows, Polk could be a stud... And whatever happened to Maurice Greer?

But going back to my point.. Hugh Charles (3-star), Brian Calhoun (4-star), Bobby Purify (3-star)... we don't NEED 5-star RBs.. they're nice to have, no doubt.. but to get a job done, we can win without that..
    fight u dwn the fied..cu must win.. fight fight fr Victoy..cu knows no defet! so roll up the mighty score, Never Give in!!...shouler to shulder we will FIGHT..FIGHT ... FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!

Comment

i also like lockridge. i still feel that scott is coming here, since there are a lot of people that say they are certain he is coming, such as str8. and a lot of buff players/recruits have said he is coming...
      but i have a feeling that he is just SAYING charles leaving puts texas on top. most people had to have known charles would leave after this year even before the season started.
      even if scott doesn't come, i think we will have a good group of runningbacks. i remember people were saying gates reminded them if reggie bush last year. lockridge had a really high yard per carry average this year, he could be a real impact player next year.

Comment

I would like to remind you, who wrote the interview.

A texas reporter.

Scott has been telling everyone on the particular side is asking, what they want to here. If you arent convinced, look at my reasons for why we shouldnt worry.

Comment

since noone seemed to see this

Originally posted by str8jacket View Post
          Bad news? Sounds BS To me...

Here are some things to look at when thinking about CU vs Texas.
          1. There have been rumors that Darrell is recruiting for CU. No rumors for Texas.
          2. His Cousin plays at CU. He says he wants to play with him again, and if Smith were to transfer to Texas that would take 2 years of eligibility away.
          3. Darian Hagan has been talking to Scott since he was a Freshman, they have become good friends. Hagan is still at CU.
          4. In an interview I posted earlier, when asked about the weather in Colorado. He stated "I could get used to it."
          5. 2 CU commits say they look forward to blocking for Scott, 0 for Texas
          6. Kendrick Celestine says he talks or texts Scott on a daily basis.
          7. In an interview on TV a while ago, Scott was asked who is favorite teams were, he said "Texas, Colorado, and Florida, I'm leaning towards C....My uncle plays at Cu, Josh Smith, he's got great speed and tons of potential." Does that not sound convincing?
          8. Scott and Katoa watched the Independence Bowl together and came away impressed.
          9. Scott still came away impressed with CU even after the week he visited, that same week we got our ass handed to us by Mizzou.

I'm very confident, no reason to panic just yet

Comment

Yea, I must of missed that str8, I've read everything else except that post... lol...

But yea, Scott would be great... but like others mentioned, with Lockridge, Gates coming in after getting his grades up, Polk... we really dont need him.. but I wouldn't think twice about opening my arms to him to become a Buff..lol..
            fight u dwn the fied..cu must win.. fight fight fr Victoy..cu knows no defet! so roll up the mighty score, Never Give in!!...shouler to shulder we will FIGHT..FIGHT ... FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!

Comment

Originally posted by broncofan303 View Post
              Yea, I must of missed that str8, I've read everything else except that post... lol...

But yea, Scott would be great... but like others mentioned, with Lockridge, Gates coming in after getting his grades up, Polk... we really dont need him.. but I wouldn't think twice about opening my arms to him to become a Buff..lol..
              Trust me, I WANT him, and I'm VERY confident he will be a Buff and start on day 1 (earning it of course).

Another good point to add. Homecoming game this year is Texas AT Boulder, do you think Scott would want to be on the negative end of that game?

Comment

since noone seemed to see this
                Im not worried at all.

Just do not be surprised if Scott picks Texas rather then CU, so I woudn't get your hopes up to high. I understand you have good logic, and I agree but I think Texas will help Scott achieve his agenda more so then CU, which is go pro after three years,that can happen at CU, but Texas is a much bigger stage.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockies24 View Post
                  Im not worried at all.

Just do not be surprised if Scott picks Texas rather then CU, so I woudn't get your hopes up to high. I understand you have good logic, and I agree but I think Texas will help Scott achieve his agenda more so then CU, which is go pro after three years,that can happen at CU, but Texas is a much bigger stage.
                  Now, I don't think you're totally correct here.

We will be on more nationally televised games than UT next year

Comment

Now, I don't think you're totally correct here.

We will be on more nationally televised games than UT next year
                    Yea maybe with West VA and Flordia State on the schedule, but my point was Texas is a much bigger stage, with arguablly a better team.

I am a BIG CU Fan, but I can keep it real, Texas has a better chance of making it to the national championship then us, and trust me, he will get more attention there.

Comment

Yea maybe with West VA and Flordia State on the schedule, but my point was Texas is a much bigger stage, with arguablly a better team.

I am a BIG CU Fan, but I can keep it real, Texas has a better chance of making it to the national championship then us, and trust me, he will get more attention there.

Okey dokey then.....

Comment

I am a BIG CSU fan, and I believe you are wrong. Look at who CU has right now. A young but great O-Line with 2 freshman all-americans. Don't you think that Scott will want to run behind those guys? He also has a young QB to grow up with. This teams recruiting class with Katoa, Major, Givens etc.. along with Scott is tremendous, and has a lot of potential to win the Big 12 Champions for a couple of years and possibly play in the national championship game.
                        sigpic

Comment

I hear he came away impressed with UT but i hear he still wants to come to boulder. well see how much longer do we have to wait. and are they eligable this season sept 2008?

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos_Rampage View Post
                            I hear he came away impressed with UT but i hear he still wants to come to boulder. well see how much longer do we have to wait. and are they eligable this season sept 2008?
                            He will be eligible to play in the up coming season, and he will announce on February 6th

Comment

you would think scott would be a little wary of texas after the way mack brown neglected charles. i mean, didn't charles finish the season with like 1000 yards? with that kind of talent?

Comment

Working...
                              X