Is the Mountain West ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the Mountain West ...

.. stronger in football this year than the Pac-10?

This past weekend:
    BYU demolishes UCLA
    UNLV shocks Arizona State
    UNM blitzes Arizona
    TCU defeats Stanford
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

No... not imo but the drop form conferences like the MtnWest,WAC,MAC,CUSA is not is far off as what people think...

It's hard to disagree with the way the Mtn West played against the Pac 10 this week..I think BYU and Utah are the only two teams that could play the Pac 10 schedule and have a chance to finish with a winning conference record..However I think almost all of the Pac 10 schools could play the Mtn West schedule and finish with a winning conference record...
    :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo:

Comment

Pac 10?
      Probably not.
      I dont think a team like Utah could go in and play USC, ASU, Cal, Oregon, and sometimes maybe Arizona and come out looking too good. The Pac 10 is tough.

I could see teams like BYU, Utah, and maybe even Air Force having a good showing in the Big 10. Probably the ACC too (im a Canes fan. just so you Big 10 peeps dont get on me).
      LET 'ER BUCK!!!
      Adopted by: Peanut, Chazoe60, CanDB, RealBronco and JakeNbake

Comment

of course not. you need to match up best teams against each other to figure that out, not just take one week in which the mwc wins a lot. if you match them up in order from best vs best to worst vs worst, pac 10 wins most of the matchups.

Comment

Originally posted by DrunkPanda View Post
          of course not. you need to match up best teams against each other to figure that out, not just take one week in which the mwc wins a lot. if you match them up in order from best vs best to worst vs worst, pac 10 wins most of the matchups.
          thats a good point
          lets give it a go

USC vs BYU
          Utah vs ASU
          TCU vs Oregon
          Air Force vs California
          UNLV vs Arizona
          Wyoming vs UCLA
          Colorado State vs Stanford
          Oregon State vs New Mexico
          and lets just combine the Washington teams and have them play SDSU. all 3 teams suck anyway

Advantage: Pac 10
          oh and the "best/worst of the conference" is just my opinion
          LET 'ER BUCK!!!
          Adopted by: Peanut, Chazoe60, CanDB, RealBronco and JakeNbake

Comment

I wouldn't be so fast to put Oregon that high on the list...hehehehehe...

24-6 half time...
            sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

BYU looks to be BCS bound they up 34-0 in the 3rd. after they beat UCLA 59-0 last week
              sigpic

Comment

The 'underdog' confrences seem to be closing the talent gap a little more every year, and here's my personal opinion as to why that is:

20 years ago, kids were asked whether they would rather ride the pine on a winning team, or start for a losing team, and the majority said they'd rather ride the pine. A few years ago, kids were asked the same question, and the overwhelming majority said they'd rather start for a losing team.

I think what this translates to is that guys who may have had to compete for a starting spot on the traditional powerhouse teams are going to the smaller schools where they're confident that they will start. This means that while the big schools may not be losing starting talent, they're losing talent on the bench, and the small schools are seeing an upswing in the talent level of their starters, making them more competitive.

So while small conferences like Moutnain West may not be better than the Pac-10, they're getting more competitive every year.

Comment

"20 years ago, kids were asked whether they would rather ride the pine on a winning team, or start for a losing team, and the majority said they'd rather ride the pine. A few years ago, kids were asked the same question, and the overwhelming majority said they'd rather start for a losing team."
                  where'd you come up with that? did you just make it up?

Comment

Originally posted by Dovsinlondon2012 View Post
                    thats a good point
                    lets give it a go

USC vs BYU
                    Utah vs ASU
                    TCU vs Oregon
                    Air Force vs California
                    UNLV vs Arizona
                    Wyoming vs UCLA
                    Colorado State vs Stanford
                    Oregon State vs New Mexico
                    and lets just combine the Washington teams and have them play SDSU. all 3 teams suck anyway

Advantage: Pac 10
                    oh and the "best/worst of the conference" is just my opinion
                    This is a good point... but for this year, we can't rule out the mountain west being better than the Pac 10.. this year... I would pay to see these games because I bet you BYU gives SC heck of a game.. Utah can matchup well against Oregon.. Air Force CAN beat California (they had them beat until AF got their QB hurt).. UNLV = Arizona.. CSU will lose... all of those would be a great game..

Of course, I can't post without hyping up my big 12, but look at the top matchups...

OU v. BYU
                    Texas v. Utah
                    Mizzou v. TCU

I like our odds...
                    fight u dwn the fied..cu must win.. fight fight fr Victoy..cu knows no defet! so roll up the mighty score, Never Give in!!...shouler to shulder we will FIGHT..FIGHT ... FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!

Comment

Working...
                    X