Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Texas Ranked #1 in the new AP poll

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Texas Ranked #1 in the new AP poll

    MCLEAN, Virginia -- After another wild week in which the top three teams all lost, Texas is the new No. 1 team in the latest USA Today coaches' poll released Sunday.

    The Longhorns (6-0) upset Oklahoma, last week's No. 1, 45-35, then watched No. 2 Missouri and No. 3 Louisiana State also lose.
    Texas #1
    All I have to say is .
    sigpic
    Thanks Blondie for the Sig

  • #2
    i love colt mccoy
    sigpic
    -------

    Comment


    • #3
      As deserved. I fully agree with the top four.

      Comment


      • #4
        I think Texas definitely deserves it, I didn't really see Alabama jumping to number one through an idle week, so this was really the best choice.

        Funny thing about Colt McCoy, he completely torched my high school team(and literally me on one play), and I'm still a fan.
        Power is not revealed by striking hard or often, but by striking true.

        It is men who endure toil and dare danger that achieve glorious deeds, and it is a wonderful thing to live with courage and to die leaving behind an everlasting renown.

        Comment


        • #5
          Texas deserves it. Good on them. I like the top 5. 6-10 I have issue with.
          sigpic

          I think Ben Tate will be the best back taken in the 2010 draft. (5/3/10)
          SportsXPicks, check out the Rants and Opinions section

          Comment


          • #6
            How 'bout them #8 Cowboys?!

            I love it!! We hadn't beaten a top 3 team on the road in 42 years!! You had to love how calm and collected Gundy was on the sideline...especially during Mizzou's offensive series. My favorite quote of the game..."Touchdown Mizzou. Somebody tell Coach Gundy Mizzou scored!!"
            I adopted Peanut!!!
            Adopted by *Atwater*!!!

            I'm UNDEFEATED at Broncos games!!!!

            12/06/09 @ Kansas City: W 44-13


            sigpic

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by osubroncos86 View Post
              How 'bout them #8 Cowboys?!

              I love it!! We hadn't beaten a top 3 team on the road in 42 years!! You had to love how calm and collected Gundy was on the sideline...especially during Mizzou's offensive series. My favorite quote of the game..."Touchdown Mizzou. Somebody tell Coach Gundy Mizzou scored!!"
              Congrats. Was a heck of a game. Winning on the road is double tough in college ball.
              Those Indians could prove troublesome...General George Armstrong Custer

              Comment


              • #8
                I hope texas beats Mizzou, then loses to someone else another week.

                Congrats, but I'm a Husker fan

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by CutlerRules6 View Post
                  I hope texas beats Mizzou, then loses to someone else another week.

                  Congrats, but I'm a Husker fan
                  How far away are the huskers from contending ? Texas may not lose again. Hard to keep college kids focused week to week. So then again you never know . But they earned number one. Hook em horns.
                  Those Indians could prove troublesome...General George Armstrong Custer

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Chris Wade View Post
                    How far away are the huskers from contending ? Texas may not lose again. Hard to keep college kids focused week to week. So then again you never know . But they earned number one. Hook em horns.
                    Its not about the huskers contending, its just about not liking Texas

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Chris Wade View Post
                      How far away are the huskers from contending ? Texas may not lose again. Hard to keep college kids focused week to week. So then again you never know . But they earned number one. Hook em horns.

                      contending for..... big 12 championship? national championship?? far away from both, just like CU.
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        well, im a mizzou fan,so.. go mizzou! beat texas!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by orangecrsh716 View Post
                          well, im a mizzou fan,so.. go mizzou! beat texas!
                          A little word from the wise to Texas, don't spit on Chase Daniels, he only likes boogers

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            All I have to say is Hookem Horns...oh and you got to love Colt McCoy...Number 1 over all in '09?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Bronco Texan View Post
                              All I have to say is Hookem Horns...oh and you got to love Colt McCoy...Number 1 over all in '09?
                              No. Great college QB, but not a great pro prospect. His arm is average. If a QB goes #1 overall in next year's draft, it'll most likely be Matt Stafford.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X