Colt McCoy is the best QB I've seen out of college in a long, long time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colt McCoy is the best QB I've seen out of college in a long, long time

Seriously. He can run, he can throw. He can throw on the run. He is shredding number 11 Missouri right now. On one play, he tried to roll out of a collapsing pocket and had the ball knocked out of his hands. He hardly breaks stride, just stoops and grabs the bouncing ball, then throws it for a 15 yard gain.

How does this relate to Denver? If only we could draft him and put him behind Cutler instead of Rammsey.

yes lets draft a QB very high to put behind a guy who has been sacked all of 1 time this year . . . stupendous idea
    sigpic
    -------

Comment

Originally posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
      yes lets draft a QB very high to put behind a guy who has been sacked all of 1 time this year . . . stupendous idea
      His comments were more about Colt McCoy than they were about the Broncos. He was just using that as a cover for putting the thread in GD, although I'm not sure why he didn't just put it in the Draft & FA forum.

Question is how would he translate to the NFL? He's a more pass-efficient, less run-capable Vince Young--which is closer to what you want. But you have to ask yourself if it's enough? I think he'd have to sit his first year to become successful, which is rarely done these days.

It's these questions that keep Sam Bradford above the QB list, and even Matt Stafford above Colt McCoy, despite his personal and team success this season.

Comment

What a horrific post. He throws dink and dunk passes all day. Stafford makes throws no other college QB can make.
        Backing Eric Berry as Broncos #1 Pick 2010

Comment

lmao, if you think mccoy has the arm to be successful in the nfl.
          Backing Eric Berry as Broncos #1 Pick 2010

Comment

Originally posted by toxicdonut View Post
            lmao, if you think mccoy has the arm to be successful in the nfl.
            why don't you learn how to condense your posts, first. then think about how fast he gets the ball out. then think about how he can do it on the run, buying time, which is so huge. Then think about the bomb TD pass he threw.

then we'll talk.

Originally posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
            yeah man, like post below you said, I was just kidding. I just wanted to talk about Colt.

Comment

Originally posted by toxicdonut View Post
              What a horrific post. He throws dink and dunk passes all day. Stafford makes throws no other college QB can make.
              If Colt McCoy had Knowshon Moreno as his RB, he'd be putting up numbers that Mathew Stafford could only dream of.

Comment

He plays in the same system Vince Young plays in right?

Comment

Originally posted by xX-Bronco-Xx View Post
                  He plays in the same system Vince Young plays in right?
                  It's been on record that Mack Williams and the offensive coordinator "dumbed down" the playbook for Vince, but really because VY was such a great improviser at the college level. They ran 3 plays the majority of the time. Boot right, Boot left, and 5 Wr Curls, with VY having the option to run on all 3 of those.

McCoy might not be the most gifted physically, but he is arguably the smartest QB in college at the moment and has a great command on a very difficult playbook.

Comment

Originally posted by silkamilkamonic View Post
                    It's been on record that Mack Williams and the offensive coordinator "dumbed down" the playbook for Vince, but really because VY was such a great improviser at the college level. They ran 3 plays the majority of the time. Boot right, Boot left, and 5 Wr Curls, with VY having the option to run on all 3 of those.

McCoy might not be the most gifted physically, but he is arguably the smartest QB in college at the moment and has a great command on a very difficult playbook.
                    That's a great point. I should have mentioned it. Think about how smart Manning is--it makes him miles better. I mean, there are other QBs who are stronger, or faster, or any of that. But he knows what he's doing so well that he can pick you apart. Colt did that tonight on almost every play. He'd know the hot routes if they blitzed, or he'd roll out and know where his WRs were going to be. Or if he should just tuck and run. It was impressive.

Comment

I still think Chase Daniels will be a better quarterback in the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by silkamilkamonic View Post

To be honest I've never had a problem with McCoy. I saw him play in his freshman year and thought he was pretty good but I always thought because of him playing in that scheme would make him not be able to be successful in the pros. I honestly didn't know they dumbed down the playbook for Vince though I just thought it was how Texas always played. Bah I should pay more attention to these things lol.

Comment

He is playing out of his mind this season, but I think Tim Tebow's season last year was still better. Wouldn't mind drafting Colt sometime late in the draft (5th round or later) though.

Comment

Colt is only a Junior and will be at Texas on more year.

Will he be a good pro? Doug Floutie was.........

Dimi
                            BRONCO FANATIC IN TEXAS

Comment

Matt Stafford is another Jay Cutler. He can make all the throws and plays in the toughest conference in the nation. Sure, he has Moreno behind him, but his best weapon is a freshman WR, he has no TE, and his O-line is made up of 3 freshmen and 2 sophomores - it's not like he has a ton of help in the passing game. He has the one thing you can't teach - ARM STRENGTH.

Watch out for this kid, he's going to be a MONSTER in the NFL. Colt McCoy looks damned good, too - when he's on - but I've seen him look very average, also. He looks more like Colt Brennan than he does Jay Cutler.

Comment

Working...
                              X