• Show
Clear All

i can see if he's available in the fourth round, but other than that... no
    :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic
    Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
      Matt Stafford is another Jay Cutler. He can make all the throws and plays in the toughest conference in the nation. Sure, he has Moreno behind him, but his best weapon is a freshman WR, he has no TE, and his O-line is made up of 3 freshmen and 2 sophomores - it's not like he has a ton of help in the passing game. He has the one thing you can't teach - ARM STRENGTH.

Watch out for this kid, he's going to be a MONSTER in the NFL. Colt McCoy looks damned good, too - when he's on - but I've seen him look very average, also. He looks more like Colt Brennan than he does Jay Cutler.
      Yeah, Matt does remind me of Jay. Same build, strong arm, he can make every throw, and has good mobility. He's also very poised, never gets rattled. If he decides to come out next year, I think he'll be a top-10 pick.

Now, about Colt, he shows good awareness in the pocket and can make play out of it, running and throwing. He has a pretty good release which makes up for his lack of arm strength. Come draft time, I think there will be scouts that think he's just a system QB, so I expect him to go in between the 2nd-3rd rounds
      sigpic

Comment

He also frequently forces passes like Jay does.

Comment

Originally posted by AdamantiumBronco View Post
          I still think Chase Daniels will be a better quarterback in the NFL.

I think Chase is just a system QB. below-average arm strength and height, and is surrounded by a lot of talent in Mizu that's making him look good. I think he'd be 5th-6th round draft pick
          sigpic

Comment

How big is McCoy? In pictures I've seen he looks tiny. Honestly I don't like his odds in the NFL, Texas does not run a pro-style offense.
            sigpicthanks Freyaka

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos724 View Post
              How big is McCoy? In pictures I've seen he looks tiny. Honestly I don't like his odds in the NFL, Texas does not run a pro-style offense.
              6'3" 215-225 lbs.

He's bigger than he looks, for sure. Over the past two years he's put on about 15 lbs of muscle, and added 100 lbs to his bench press, or so I've heard.

Comment

Originally posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
                Matt Stafford is another Jay Cutler. He can make all the throws and plays in the toughest conference in the nation. Sure, he has Moreno behind him, but his best weapon is a freshman WR, he has no TE, and his O-line is made up of 3 freshmen and 2 sophomores - it's not like he has a ton of help in the passing game. He has the one thing you can't teach - ARM STRENGTH.

Watch out for this kid, he's going to be a MONSTER in the NFL. Colt McCoy looks damned good, too - when he's on - but I've seen him look very average, also. He looks more like Colt Brennan than he does Jay Cutler.
                AJ Green is a monster, don't act like him being a Freshman is a bad thing.

Comment

Lots of good QB's in the Big 12 this year. Bradford had some sick stats today but you got Daniel, Mccoy, Bradford, Reesing, Harrell, Robinson, even Ganz.

Comment

ALl these Big 12 QBs play out of a QB friendly spread offense. Stafford plays out of pro style power I offense. McCoy doesn't read coverages and his WR's are usually wide open or bail him out of bad throws. Stafford makes his WR's open. There are very few QBs that look like good pro prospects right now, but stafford has the build and arm strength to be a great pro.
                    Backing Eric Berry as Broncos #1 Pick 2010

Comment

Originally posted by toxicdonut View Post
                      ... McCoy doesn't read coverages and his WR's are usually wide open or bail him out of bad throws.
                      Given that his completion rate hovers around 80%, those wide receivers that are "bailing him out" must be definite, can't-miss NFL prospects. Right?

I don't know about Colt's NFL chances - he just midway through his junior year and I'd bet my house he doesn't come out early. Let's wait and see...

Comment

Working...
                      X