Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Worthless Willingham to quit

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Worthless Willingham to quit

    quitters never win, and winners never quit. guess we all finally know Willingham's a quitter, cause he's stepping down as head coach at Washington at the end of the season.

    What a loser.

    http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3667258

  • #2
    Not at all.... My uncle met him way back when Willingham went to my dad's restaurant and he said Ty was one of the nicest people he's met.

    I feel for the dude, his stay at ND was cut short for a bad reason and he went to a bad football team and could never really get things together.

    I have to say though that Washington team was the worst team Notre Dame has faced this year minus the division two team we faced. They had defense that was more unphysical then us and that surprised the hell out of me seeing that I thought no team could be worse then us.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by xX-Bronco-Xx View Post
      Not at all.... My uncle met him way back when Willingham went to my dad's restaurant and he said Ty was one of the nicest people he's met.

      I feel for the dude, his stay at ND was cut short for a bad reason and he went to a bad football team and could never really get things together.

      I have to say though that Washington team was the worst team Notre Dame has faced this year minus the division two team we faced. They had defense that was more unphysical then us and that surprised the hell out of me seeing that I thought no team could be worse then us.
      being nice and being a quitter are two different things. Not matter how bad a job I was doing, or if I wasn't winning, I would never ever quit my job as a head coach, they'd have to fire me.

      Ty Willingham is a quitter, plain and simple.

      He may have not been given a fair shake in ND, but ND obviously felt they weren't going in the right direction with him as coach...and obviously that's been proven by Ty's previous 4 years in Washington, and Charlie Weis' success in ND.

      Weis has yet to get a bowl win, and break the streak of not winning a bowl game, but Charlie Weis recruited Clausen, and has developed him on his own, which Ty Willingham clearly has not been able to do, so really it looks like ND felt Willingham wasn't the man and decided to jump ship on him, and looks like they made the right call.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by 97svtinkc View Post
        being nice and being a quitter are two different things. Not matter how bad a job I was doing, or if I wasn't winning, I would never ever quit my job as a head coach, they'd have to fire me.

        Ty Willingham is a quitter, plain and simple.

        He may have not been given a fair shake in ND, but ND obviously felt they weren't going in the right direction with him as coach...and obviously that's been proven by Ty's previous 4 years in Washington, and Charlie Weis' success in ND.

        Weis has yet to get a bowl win, and break the streak of not winning a bowl game, but Charlie Weis recruited Clausen, and has developed him on his own, which Ty Willingham clearly has not been able to do, so really it looks like ND felt Willingham wasn't the man and decided to jump ship on him, and looks like they made the right call.
        I would rather just call it quits rather then them firing me when you know they will fire you anyways. Of course you could try fighting for the job but there was no way of Willingham not getting fired so honestly I don't think lesser of him at all.

        And yes hiring Weis was the right decision.

        Comment


        • #5
          He was getting fired anyway.... If he's doing a preliminary 'quit' from the job... thats ok. But its pretty well known that the university was going to fire him.

          Comment


          • #6
            And now that I think about it wouldn't it be better for Willingham to quit early anyways so now they can have an early start searching for a new coach.

            But then again if they were going to fire him anyways they probably already have been looking for a replacement anyways.

            Bah whatever.

            Comment


            • #7
              They have force him to quit so he is no loser.
              Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

              Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Southstander View Post
                They have force him to quit so he is no loser.
                yeah I'm sorry but I have to disagree. Lane Kiffin didn't quit in Oakland, no matter what Al Davis tried. Davis threw the guy under the bus, Davis sent him a resignation letter to sign, Kiffin refused, and basically sent the message, you want me gone, you're gonna have to fire me.

                Kiffin went proudly, and put all the negativity on Al Davis' shoulders and it's Davis who has to deal with the fallout. Not Kiffin.

                So IMO Worthlessham is a quitter, and it's a fact the guy is a loser, he's had 4 losing seasons at Washington, 1 at ND, and lord knows how many at Stanford.

                Comment

                Working...
                X