So, who is the top QB in the draft???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, who is the top QB in the draft???

I'm asking because I dont watch a lot of college football. I just don't have the time of the want.

My family, on both sides, are HUGE KC Chief fans (I know I know, I just tell them how sorry I am for them).

So when talking about their team, they know as well as I do that the Chiefs absolutely MUST draft a QB in the first round next year. So, who is the best QB in college at this point???

(please, if someone says Tebow I'll pull their hair out)

Colt McCoy, then Matt Stafford.

Harrell is a great QB in that system, but the problem is a man by the name of B.J. Symons.

Who is this B.J. Symons? he put up very similar numbers in this system, and yet he never amounted to anything as a pro. Harrell CAN be a successful pro, I just don't see it right now.

Comment

Originally posted by str8jacket View Post
      Colt McCoy, then Matt Stafford.

Harrell is a great QB in that system, but the problem is a man by the name of B.J. Symons.

Who is this B.J. Symons? he put up very similar numbers in this system, and yet he never amounted to anything as a pro. Harrell CAN be a successful pro, I just don't see it right now.
      See.. I thought both Stafford and McCoy... until this sunday.

You mention Harrells stats in the system, but I saw the stat on McCoy's coach. There have been 7 QBs in NCAA history that have thrown for over 5000 yrds in a season, and this guy has coached 3 of them. Then you look at the names and they were like Klinger and Coy Detmer....and another name I didn't know. So I would certainly think that the Chiefs would see the inflated numbers and not go with someone like that..... if I were them.

Earlier this season I thought Stafford from Georgia was the guy. He just played so smart, and runs a professional offense. When I watched him play, he jsut had pocket presence and good size when standing tall in the pocket. His passing delivery was in good form and had a strong arm...... then I saw the Georgia vs Florida game this week, and I'm questioned again. I know everyone can have bad games.. but was still wondering what is regarded as the top guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post

You mention Harrells stats in the system, but I saw the stat on McCoy's coach. There have been 7 QBs in NCAA history that have thrown for over 5000 yrds in a season, and this guy has coached 3 of them. Then you look at the names and they were like Klinger and Coy Detmer....and another name I didn't know. So I would certainly think that the Chiefs would see the inflated numbers and not go with someone like that..... if I were them.

Earlier this season I thought Stafford from Georgia was the guy. He just played so smart, and runs a professional offense. When I watched him play, he jsut had pocket presence and good size when standing tall in the pocket. His passing delivery was in good form and had a strong arm...... then I saw the Georgia vs Florida game this week, and I'm questioned again. I know everyone can have bad games.. but was still wondering what is regarded as the top guy.
        I thought the stat was on Texas Tech? I can't remember many Texas quarterbacks putting up insane stats like the machine that's Texas Tech.

Stafford is still pretty good, Georgia had 3 True Freshmen starting on O-Line yesterday, that's a whole lot of youth and Meyer exploited it by bringing everything including the Kitchen Sink

Comment

I'm asking because I dont watch a lot of college football. I just don't have the time of the want.

My family, on both sides, are HUGE KC Chief fans (I know I know, I just tell them how sorry I am for them).

So when talking about their team, they know as well as I do that the Chiefs absolutely MUST draft a QB in the first round next year. So, who is the best QB in college at this point???

Breaking News!!! Due to the Chiefs poor record, and expectation to draft a QB in the upcoming draft, Colt McCoy, Tim Tebow, Graham Herrell, and TJ Stafford, have all opted NOT to enter this years NFL draft, citing the lack of an Offensive Line to protect them in KC, incompetency at the head coaching position, retardation at the General Managers level, and just plain thuggery and losers on the rest of the team, and personal fear of being tagged with the Todd Blackledge label.

Smart kids...this moved probably saved their lives, and their reputations.

Comment

My list would be Matt Stafford,Sam Bradford,Hunter Cantwell,McCoy
            :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo:

Comment

KC will probably be dumb enough to take Freeman when he bolts KSU after this year.
              "It's okay to be a cliche....Everything under the sun has been done."

Comment

Originally posted by JayhawkBronco View Post
                KC will probably be dumb enough to take Freeman when he bolts KSU after this year.
                Freeman COULD be good if he didnt have an idiot of a coach.

Comment

Originally posted by str8jacket View Post
                  I thought the stat was on Texas Tech? I can't remember many Texas quarterbacks putting up insane stats like the machine that's Texas Tech.

Stafford is still pretty good, Georgia had 3 True Freshmen starting on O-Line yesterday, that's a whole lot of youth and Meyer exploited it by bringing everything including the Kitchen Sink
                  Yes that stat was for Tech.
                  sigpic
                  Thanks Blondie for the Sig

Comment

Don't know about this year, but next year, they have already been saying Bradford is the first pick of the draft after he comes out after his Jr. year.

Comment

That stat was for Texas Tech. Harrell is one of the 7 QB's who's thrown 5,000 yards. McCoy is the one of the top QB's, along with Sam Bradford
                      sigpic

Comment

TEBOW! JK he wont go out, and if he did he wouldn't be close to the top. I still love you Timmy, don't be mad.
                        sigpic
                        Thanks Blondie79!
                        All aboard the TEBOW TRAIN... since 2006!
                        Team Tebow #15

Adopted NFL Player:
                        "Oh Mercy"PERCY HARVIN

Comment

I think Tebow could be a good NFL QB, but he is a definite risk because of that funky spread Florida uses, so how would he adjust to a pro-style offense in which he would have to take snaps from under center? It's a legit concern, but I do think he has the arm and accuracy to go along with it to be a good QB with some refinement. I wouldn't take him in the 1st round unless he shows he can master all the drops in a pro-style offense, and I'd like to see him quicken his release.

I'd probably agree that Stafford is tops, but he has never impressed me. He makes too many bad decisions. But obviously he's got the arm, the quick release, and the accuracy (most of the time, he can be inaccurate at times). And Georgia runs a more pro-style offense. None of the QB's in this year's class would excite me however.
                          Last edited by Max Power; 11-16-2008, 05:50 PM.

Comment

Mark Sanchez, USC, Jr.

Matthew Stafford, Georgia, Jr.

Sam Bradford, Oklahoma, So.

Josh Freeman, Kansas St., Jr.

Tim Tebow, Florida, Jr.

Rhett Bomar, Sam Houston St

Cullen Harper, Clemson

Chase Daniel, Missouri

Willie Tuitama, Arizona

Curtis Painter, Purdue

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

well after watching Texas and KU yesterday, Colt McCoy will not be in the 2009 Draft Class, they said during the game he was coming back for his senior season. I dont think Chase Daniel is coming out either...i think he is staying for his Senior season as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X