Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sorry Nebraska, Mediocrity is the best to hope for.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry Nebraska, Mediocrity is the best to hope for.

So...its been a rough year for the buffs, thats for sure.

Ravaged by injuries, a lack luster QB, and both of our amazing freshman tailbacks held back by injuries.

BUT, we Buffs fans also have a future to look forward to. In just three years, Hawk and recruited a class of freshmen that looks to be among the most talented in the nation, and as clearly demonstrated an ability to recruit top notch players away from other schools.

Sure Scott did have an uncle at CU, but ultimately if he had not been impressed with CU he would not of gone their.

I expect Hawk to bring many more big name recruits, because CU has wonderful facilities, a good coaching staff and is in a stunningly beautiful location, nestled gently at the base of the flatirons mere miles from the heart of the majestic rocky mountains, on a campus who's natural beauty and stunning architecture are almost as impressive as the sheer volume of beautiful women.

To the east, you have Nebraska. A historical power with an amazing history and alot of trophies and awards to show for it.

And its never coming back.

Sorry NU fans, but in today's world of hyper competitive recruiting all across the country, more and more schools becoming more competitive its going to become increasingly difficult for Nebraska to continue to recruit high profile players.

Tell me, what reason does a high profile athlete have to go to Nebraska? They are no longer nationally significant. The school totally relies on history for its "luster"

I would like to meet the athlete from Florida, of Texas of California who is going to be convinced to go play in LINCOLN NEBRASKA (aka Americas blind spot) versus, USC or Florida or Texas or Oklahoma or Miami or Ohio State or Alabama, or Tennessee or Georgia or Colorado. All of which present a better location, better team, and better college experience then withering away in the middle of nowhere, wondering every single day why the state capital building had a guy THROWING CORN.

Hey, come play for Nebraska, where we have accomplished nothing in over a decade except naming a highway after an old man, and fattening up our campus women so as to make sure they don't blow away in the next storm.
    Last edited by Gr3yStreet; 11-28-2008, 12:38 PM.
    sigpic

And THAT'S, the Cosmic Perspective.

You, just like all of your Buffie buddies are REALLY FUNNY!!! Get this outta your system now. Talk all this noise while you can now. Cuase in about 20 minutes, the WHOLE COUNTRY will get to see what a JOKE the Puff a hoes really are!

Don't even matter if they do get the top recruits one bit! Do you think when Nebraska was winning all thos Championships that they had a highly ranked class??? Those recruits were ranked LOWER then the Classes that Callahan had a couple of years ago! What did matter was we had world class coaches, who knew how to get the MOST out of a low recruit! Do you think it is just a coincidence that Neb. has had about 10 Fullbacks that I can think of, right off the top of my head, that came from 8 man High School football team in Nebraska, and ALL OF THEM WENT ON TO THE NFL!!!! No one else wanted these players, and they came to Nebraska and won THREE CHAPIONSHIPS BABY! It will happen again, with the new environment that Bo Pelini has installed, they will get the swagger and strut back again!!! The world will never see a dominant streak like we had from 1993 to 1997, but they will compete for the big 12, and Nat. Champ. again!

Can the same be said of your COACH???:salute!:

Comment

Is there another program that has fallen from grace like Nebraska has, other than Notre Dame?

I was actually telling my 14 year old nephew yesterday how Nebraska used to be a powerhouse, and he was laughing at me. After thinking about it, I couldn't help but laugh at myself.

Comment

Originally posted by silkamilkamonic View Post
        Is there another program that has fallen from grace like Nebraska has, other than Notre Dame?

I was actually telling my 14 year old nephew yesterday how Nebraska used to be a powerhouse, and he was laughing at me. After thinking about it, I couldn't help but laugh at myself.
        Florida state, Michigan, Miami, tennessee.....and a lot of the powerhouses have been down too, just to come back and be a national power again.

CU will always be our *****, the huskers have progressed while the buffs have regressed, sorry if you didnt notice.
        sigpic

Comment

I don't see how CU's future is any brighter than Nebraska's. Nebraska is a much better program historically than CU. When is the last time CU has won a national championship, or even a major bowl game?

Comment

Originally posted by Max Power View Post
            I don't see how CU's future is any brighter than Nebraska's. Nebraska is a much better program historically than CU. When is the last time CU has won a national championship, or even a major bowl game?
            This is true, however it is a joke that some KNU fans think it's smart to call us a scrub team.

Who are you people tied with at half time again?

Comment

Originally posted by silkamilkamonic View Post

Hello!!! NOTRE DAME ANYBODY!!!!??? They have lost like 14 games now in two yrs. This is their worst year IN HISTORY!!!! I love it!!!

Comment

I can't help but laugh at the OP's arrogance as well as his ignorance for this fail of a thread.

Considering the history of Nebraska and what it's been through with Bill Callaghan (err. Beau Bridges), they had a pretty damn good first season under Bo Pelini this year. I didn't think they'd make it to 8-4 the first season, quite an accomplishment considering the fact that Callaghan all but destroyed that program.

If you are so stupid as to think that Pelini won't have the Nebraska program back into the top 25 next year, then you have quite a surprise in store next year.

I'd bet they go at least 9-3 maybe 10-2 and represent the Big 12 North next year. MU sure as hell won't do it without Chase Daniel, and KU has problems on defense, so it won't be much either.

Comment

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                  Florida state, Michigan, Miami, tennessee.....and a lot of the powerhouses have been down too, just to come back and be a national power again.

CU will always be our *****, the huskers have progressed while the buffs have regressed, sorry if you didnt notice.

yep and today proves that, bow down you little biatches.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                    yep and today proves that, bow down you little biatches.
                    Today proved you needed a miracle kick to beat a team with half the starting players are injured or suspended....and the other half is all freshman and sophomores.

you really showed the country.....
                    sigpic

And THAT'S, the Cosmic Perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by Gr3yStreet View Post
                      Today proved you needed a miracle kick to beat a team with half the starting players are injured or suspended....and the other half is all freshman and sophomores.

lol, and you only needed excuses.

Comment

Nebraska gave the Buffs a freebie on the botched fake field goal, gave a TD on a blown assignment on the 2nd play of the game, fumbled on the Buff's 4 yard line, AND had to make a 57 yard field goal........and still found a way to win. If Nebraska didn't give the game away, it would've, should've been a blowout

Comment

So...its been a rough year for the buffs, thats for sure.

Ravaged by injuries, a lack luster QB, and both of our amazing freshman tailbacks held back by injuries.

BUT, we Buffs fans also have a future to look forward to. In just three years, Hawk and recruited a class of freshmen that looks to be among the most talented in the nation, and as clearly demonstrated an ability to recruit top notch players away from other schools.

Sure Scott did have an uncle at CU, but ultimately if he had not been impressed with CU he would not of gone their.

I expect Hawk to bring many more big name recruits, because CU has wonderful facilities, a good coaching staff and is in a stunningly beautiful location, nestled gently at the base of the flatirons mere miles from the heart of the majestic rocky mountains, on a campus who's natural beauty and stunning architecture are almost as impressive as the sheer volume of beautiful women.

To the east, you have Nebraska. A historical power with an amazing history and alot of trophies and awards to show for it.

And its never coming back.

Sorry NU fans, but in today's world of hyper competitive recruiting all across the country, more and more schools becoming more competitive its going to become increasingly difficult for Nebraska to continue to recruit high profile players.

Tell me, what reason does a high profile athlete have to go to Nebraska? They are no longer nationally significant. The school totally relies on history for its "luster"

I would like to meet the athlete from Florida, of Texas of California who is going to be convinced to go play in LINCOLN NEBRASKA (aka Americas blind spot) versus, USC or Florida or Texas or Oklahoma or Miami or Ohio State or Alabama, or Tennessee or Georgia or Colorado. All of which present a better location, better team, and better college experience then withering away in the middle of nowhere, wondering every single day why the state capital building had a guy THROWING CORN.

Hey, come play for Nebraska, where we have accomplished nothing in over a decade except naming a highway after an old man, and fattening up our campus women so as to make sure they don't blow away in the next storm.

If anyone is to accept mediocrity it's most certainly CU. Dan Hawkins that "brilliant" guy who took Boise State to special places...oh wait, but he hasn't done jack with CU, and he won't do jack squat either, because Hawkins is much like Bill Callaghan, errr Beau Bridges was at Nebraska. a whole lot of mediocre and overrated.

but remember the world according to Dan "It's Division I football! It's the Big 12! It ain't intramurals!"

That's right Dan, it ain't intramurals. It's the Big 12. and you've been getting your ass kicked repeatedly for the last 3 years...keep up the losing....err uh good work, it's a beautiful thing.

Comment

Working...
                          X