Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CoryWinget81
    I guess he should have went to Texas.
    My thoughts exactly.

But nah, why would a running back want to go up against defenses that are focused soley on stopping Colt McCoy?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DGFuHC75aY
    sigpic

"Today's the tomorrow that you should've feared yesterday."

Comment

Wish the Hawkins family would follow him out the door. I like Cody, the kids got heart, but he does not belong on a Division I football team.

Comment

Its Offcial Scott will be going to UCLA

CU tailback Scott plans switch to UCLA

BOULDER — Tailback Darrell Scott created so much fanfare by signing a national letter of intent with Colorado in February 2008, it's a wonder Boulder didn't throw a ticker-tape parade along the Pearl Street Mall. Tuesday, Scott left the program and said he hopes to join his uncle, former CU wide receiver Josh Smith, at UCLA.

Scott, 6-feet-1 and 215 pounds, was rated as the nation's No. 1 prep running back prospect after rushing for 2,433 yards and 33 touchdowns in 2007 as a senior at St. Bonaventure High School in Ventura, Calif. He picked CU over Texas after a heated recruiting battle that drew national attention.

"There's not much to say other than, 'Sorry to Buff Nation,' " Scott said Tuesday by phone. "I've been thinking about it for a couple of months."

When asked his reasons for transferring, Scott would say only, "I just want to go home."

CU players were surprised by his decision. So was running backs coach Darian Hagan, who spent countless hours recruiting Scott. Hagan said he received the news via a text message from Scott at about 1:30 p.m.

"I didn't find out the way I thought I deserved to find out," Hagan said. "It's unfortunate that he decided to leave. He has to do what he has to do. But I just wish he would have done it a different way."

Scott said he will ask CU for a release to UCLA.

"Those are my plans, to join Josh," Scott said.

Smith played two seasons at CU before transferring to UCLA this summer. When reached Tuesday by phone, Smith told The Denver Post that Scott "was really vague" when he called Smith with the news. "He said, like, 'I've had enough of this (expletive). I'm outta here, bro.' "

Smith said Scott "wasn't too much bothered" by his lack of playing time. "He was just going through the motions," Smith said.

CU coach Dan Hawkins was unaware of Scott's decision until after his weekly news conference Tuesday. After practice, Hawkins told reporters he would not address questions regarding Scott.

Hagan, who became close with Scott's family, said Tuesday he "had no idea" Scott was even contemplating a transfer.

"I asked him on different occasions, was he OK, was he thinking about transferring, with people saying stuff?" Hagan said. "I told him to be a man about it and look me in the eye. He said, 'Aw, no, coach. I never thought about it.'

"Today was a total surprise for me," Hagan added. "Life goes on. When I wake up tomorrow, it will be a different day."

Hawkins addressed the team prior to practice and announced Scott's departure, but wide receiver Scotty McKnight said he had heard before the team meeting.

"When I went into the training room, I guess his locker was cleaned out," Mc-Knight said. "Guys are bummed. Darrell was well-liked on the team. He's a cool guy. There's not a bad bone in Darrell's body. I was pretty caught off-guard by the whole thing."

Sophomore tailback Rodney Stewart, who has become CU's featured back, said he was shocked.

"We were close in practice," Stewart said. "Off the field, we had a little bit of a relationship. He just stayed to himself (after Smith left)."

Added sophomore quarterback Tyler Hansen: "I'm disappointed because he could have been a great player and a strength for the Buffs. It's too bad it didn't work out."

Scott was voted preseason newcomer of the year in a poll of Big 12 coaches prior to the 2008 season. But plagued by ankle and knee injuries, and losing playing time to Stewart, Scott started a total of only four games in two seasons. Hagan often cited injuries, Scott's problems with blocking in pass protection and Stewart's production as explanations for Scott's lack of playing time.

Scott rushed for 95 yards on 23 carries this season. His best game this season came Sept. 11 against Toledo, when he netted 85 yards on 12 carries. However, he banged up a knee in that game and had arthroscopic surgery Oct. 22 and had not played since.

Hagan said he plans to recruit at least two tailbacks "that want to be here, and know there will be ups and downs and you just have to fight through them."

Staff writers John Henderson and Natalie Meisler contributed to this report. Tom Kensler: 303-954-1280 or [email protected]
        http://www.denverpost.com/colleges/ci_13707765
        sigpic

Comment

My god, what a nightmare. I guess you guys have found your Bill Callahan. Can you say "Deer in headlights?"

Dan Hawkins on Darrell Scott: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eszF2ltwJQ0
          IT'S OK - The F just means Freakin' !!

Comment

nebraska fans keep saying we found our bill callahan... i'd KILL to have had bill callahan instead of hawkins. he was a great recruiter and offensive mind. tell me ONE thing that hawkins does well. the sad thing is that the dumbass administration is saying they are happy with hawkins. if hawkins isn't fired after this season, **** it. i'm done with cu football

Comment

Originally posted by DrunkPanda
              nebraska fans keep saying we found our bill callahan... i'd KILL to have had bill callahan instead of hawkins. he was a great recruiter and offensive mind. tell me ONE thing that hawkins does well. the sad thing is that the dumbass administration is saying they are happy with hawkins. if hawkins isn't fired after this season, **** it. i'm done with cu football
              Its just hard to get rid of him because of all the money they would owe him... But really it was a bad idea to give him an extension after his first season when CU went 6-7.
              sigpic

Comment

i think bohn is just a dumbass. he gave barnett an extension like 3 weeks before firing him. he is good at fund raising but he is probably one of the worst in the country at hiring coaches and managing contracts

Comment

i think bohn is just a dumbass. he gave barnett an extension like 3 weeks before firing him. he is good at fund raising but he is probably one of the worst in the country at hiring coaches and managing contracts
                  I agree. And the worse CU starts to do, the less he'll be able to fund raise. No one wants either Hawkins anymore. It's just time to drop the head coach and start new. Sure they will be in the hole by millions, but they need something different.
                  sigpic

Comment

Callahan signed a multi-million dollar extension after winning the first game of the 2007 season, then went on to have the worst season since 1961.

Hawkins seems so aloof every time I see or hear an interview with him and having your son starting at QB is such a ridiculous conflict of interest.
                    IT'S OK - The F just means Freakin' !!

Comment

Had to laugh when I heard from Skywalker that some of you guys actually think he has one year left of eligibility. He has two. He will redshirt next year at the school he transfers to. So, so much for that.

Anyway, unless he changes position he will not go to UCLA. Too stacked at that position.

He will probably go to Oregon, or a Big 10 school as that fits his style of running more.

Comment

Originally posted by str8jacket
                        Had to laugh when I heard from Skywalker that some of you guys actually think he has one year left of eligibility. He has two. He will redshirt next year at the school he transfers to. So, so much for that.

Anyway, unless he changes position he will not go to UCLA. Too stacked at that position.

He will probably go to Oregon, or a Big 10 school as that fits his style of running more.
                        Thats what I thought, but people here were saying other wise.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by str8jacket
                          I actually thought he would have one because I had assumed that you wouldnt be able to redshirt away the transfer year penalty.
                          sigpic

I think Ben Tate will be the best back taken in the 2010 draft. (5/3/10)
                          SportsXPicks, check out the Rants and Opinions section

Comment

when you transfer you can use your redshirt if you havent used it yet. So he will have 2 years left after the redshirt/transfer year. If he did use his redshirt, he would only have 1 year left.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎