No announcement yet.

The Colorado Buffaloes Football Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like we will have our hands more than full with Washington next Friday if we can handle business tomorrow.
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
      Looks like we will have our hands more than full with Washington next Friday if we can handle business tomorrow.
      Hold on, reel that Buffalo stampede back in ... Utah is the next game; I can't see beyond that! :nono:
      sigpic

Comment

• I'm concerned at the prospect of the team overlooking Utah. Even our AD apparently made a statement, telling the students to wait before rushing the field after we beat Utah... The team needs to focus and not assume that we've already won the game. Utah is not as bad as that Oregon game made them look

Comment

• If CU wins the Pac 12, they will surely play in the playoff.

Adopted Posters - Broncoholic MS, thatkidhunt, Al Wilson 4 Mayor, Thors Hammer, McSmashie, CanDB, Peanut, BroncoManiac_69, MightyHorse, CHARGER$, Chillez, EddieMac
          Married Megan Joy on August 18th, 2013
          Proud Daddy of Jeremiah James born February 24, 2011

Adopt-A-Bronco 2013 - Champ Bailey
          Yankees, Rockies, Nuggets, Avalanche, CU Buffs
          I still miss you Jake Plummer!

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncoholic JS View Post
            If CU wins the Pac 12, they will surely play in the playoff.
            No they won't. Could they be in? Sure, depending on what happens in other conference games. But a guarantee? No. Hypothetically Penn State and Ohio State could end up in the playoff. Or the Big 10 winner and Oklahoma.
            Last edited by Atwnbroncfan; 11-25-2016, 07:43 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

• I don't want Colorado in the playoffs this season. That #4 slot is geared up for a body bag game against Alabama. Being in there could set our program back years, based on how badly Alabama would whoop us. I want us to get in the Rose Bowl because that is a game we can legitimately win and we've never been in the Rose Bowl before

Comment

• Originally posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
                Hold on, reel that Buffalo stampede back in ... Utah is the next game; I can't see beyond that! :nono:
                I said if we can handle business. There is nothing wrong or over confident about the way I worded that.

It's a fact because Washington is the team representing the North now.
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by DrunkPanda View Post
                  I don't want Colorado in the playoffs this season. That #4 slot is geared up for a body bag game against Alabama. Being in there could set our program back years, based on how badly Alabama would whoop us. I want us to get in the Rose Bowl because that is a game we can legitimately win and we've never been in the Rose Bowl before
                  No it wouldn't. This is just paranoia talking. Do you have any idea the money associated with qualifying for the playoff? That doesn't set a program back. It boosts a program even if they have to take an ego check.

Besides if the defense is as good as you want me to believe it is they won't get stomped by Alabama. Lsu held them to 10. Granted I do fear a whooping. But I would much rather have tried than go somewhere else.
                  sigpic

Comment

• I told y'all we weren't losing to Utah!!

First 10 win season in a decade!!!

This defense is beast!!!
                    sigpic

Comment

• Woohoo! Thompson, Witherspoon and Oujwie - I don't know the spelling - were outstanding. Thompson had a monster game on monster defense.

Both teams threw away opportunities but both teams have good defenses too.

GO Buffs.
                      sigpic

Comment

• You know what they say about the rise?

GO BUFFS!!!!

Adopted Posters - Broncoholic MS, thatkidhunt, Al Wilson 4 Mayor, Thors Hammer, McSmashie, CanDB, Peanut, BroncoManiac_69, MightyHorse, CHARGER$, Chillez, EddieMac
                        Married Megan Joy on August 18th, 2013
                        Proud Daddy of Jeremiah James born February 24, 2011

Adopt-A-Bronco 2013 - Champ Bailey
                        Yankees, Rockies, Nuggets, Avalanche, CU Buffs
                        I still miss you Jake Plummer!

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                          No it wouldn't. This is just paranoia talking. Do you have any idea the money associated with qualifying for the playoff? That doesn't set a program back. It boosts a program even if they have to take an ego check.

Besides if the defense is as good as you want me to believe it is they won't get stomped by Alabama. Lsu held them to 10. Granted I do fear a whooping. But I would much rather have tried than go somewhere else.
                          I was joking when I said Bama would beat us so badly that it would set our program back years, I know it won't. But when you are choosing between winning the Rose Bowl or losing in the first round of the playoffs, I would definitely take a Rose Bowl win at this point. We don't have the talent to legitimately compete in the playoffs right now (defensively we do, but our offense has huge weaknesses), I think that can change in a couple years, though. We are recruiting a really good offensive class this year

Btw that playoffs money gets split amongst the entire conference, so it wouldn't really be a big payday for us. I think it works out to $2M per school.

Anyway, I still can't believe we had the season we had. Went from 1-8 in conference to 8-1! I don't think that kind of 1 year turnaround has ever happened before. I honestly expected a pretty big turnaround LAST year, but when that season went the way it did, I pretty much lost hope for a good season this year. I thought we would be around 6-6 or 7-5, never dreamed we'd win 10 games. Leavitt is such a stud, that CU defense reminds me a lot of the Broncos defense last season, just carrying the entire team to wins
                          Last edited by DrunkPanda; 11-26-2016, 10:08 PM.

Comment

• Buffs open as 7 point dogs to Washington.

This will be a true test to see if we are playoff worthy or just a really good also ran.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Loss to Washington = Alamo Bowl
                              Win against Washington = Rose Bowl and no playoff for Washington

Comment

• Originally posted by SoundsOfSuccess View Post
                                Loss to Washington = Alamo Bowl
                                Win against Washington = Rose Bowl and no playoff for Washington
                                I will be pretty annoyed with both scenarios. If we beat Washington, we deserve a playoff berth. Who are they going to put in that has a better resume than us? If we lose to Washington, we deserve to go to the Rose Bowl. I don't think the bowl selection committee will punish us for losing the conference championship game by leaving us out of the Rose Bowl. If that happened in the same year as all the controversy regarding OSU probably making the playoffs without playing in their conference championship game, that could kill conference championship games completely.

Noone would want to play in a conference championship game because there would be high risk no reward

I think we have a puncher's chance against Washington. They lost two of their top defenders to season ending injuries recently and Jake Browning has looked VERY ordinary lately. He has great wide receivers that can make plays if he just throws the ball anywhere within their vicinity, but he crumbles when pressured and he has probably the most noodle arm of any qb in the Pac 12. It's going to come down to which Sefo comes to play next week. If bad Sefo shows up, we lose. If good Sefo shows up, we win. But it's pretty much a coin flip regarding this, he's gotta be the most inconsistent qb in college football
                                Last edited by DrunkPanda; 11-27-2016, 11:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X