No announcement yet.

The Colorado Buffaloes Football Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting that the teams in the PAC 12 Championship Game are both coached by former Mountain West guys.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Was Peterson with Boise State when they made the move to the Mountain West? I thought he left while they were still in the WAC. Anyway, I don't find it that interesting, most successful head coaches had a stint at a lower level at one point in their careers. That's just a normal career trajectory

Comment

• Originally posted by DrunkPanda View Post
        Was Peterson with Boise State when they made the move to the Mountain West? I thought he left while they were still in the WAC. Anyway, I don't find it that interesting, most successful head coaches had a stint at a lower level at one point in their careers. That's just a normal career trajectory
        Boise State joined the Mountain West Conference in 2011. At the time, Chris Petersen was in his sixth year as HC at Boise State, I believe. He went to Washington in 2014. So, he coached in the Mountain West for three seasons before going to the PAC 12. He won the Mountain West Championship in 2012.
        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Originally posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
          Great season for CU, it was a pleasure to watch again. Disappointing game last night but it was still great to see them in a championship game. I think Montez has a decent future with CU, he is still eligible to play for 3 more seasons and has potential. I look forward to seeing them play in whatever bowl game it is (on tv) and watching them next season, maybe they can make another run at the PAC12 championship.

Go Buffs!
          That would be great, but I think the Buffs regress next season. This was a magical run for them, but no choice recruit is going to want to come to CU when they can go to USC or Washington. Great season however.

Comment

• Originally posted by darryn16 View Post
            That would be great, but I think the Buffs regress next season. This was a magical run for them, but no choice recruit is going to want to come to CU when they can go to USC or Washington. Great season however.
            Uh we already have a stout 4 star olineman committed that decommitted from ohio st for not allowing him early enrollment.
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
              Uh we already have a stout 4 star olineman committed that decommitted from ohio st for not allowing him early enrollment.
              OK, we'll see. Still not sold on continued success.

Comment

• Originally posted by darryn16 View Post
                OK, we'll see. Still not sold on continued success.
                Don't get me wrong. I agree that 10-3 is not likely to happen again next year.

However I don't attribute it to talent as we have the current #19 recruiting class with some more potential four stars possible.

I attribute it to what I believe will be a tougher strength of schedule with some of our tougher conference games being on the road. Next year is 5 road conference games. Although USC is at home.

Also we have a horrible non conference strength of schedule which is going to hurt us big time in the event we are somehow in the hunt at the end of November.
                sigpic

Comment

• Obviously hard to predict the future but ...
                  I think the Buffs are in good shape at QB next season with Montez and they come back with some decent offensive weapons. The do lose some great defensive players but also have some decent prospects coming up too.
                  The biggest thing that has change I think is the "culture", now that they have won a lot that will make it a lot easier to continue to win and it also helps recruiting big time - already seeing that with the next class coming in - I don't think it is unrealistic for the Buffs to win 9-10 games next season. Probably the biggest question is the defense, partly because it was so good this season it will be hard to match, partly because of the SRs leaving.
                  I think the future looks good for the next few seasons for the Buffs.

They lose Awuzie, Witherspoon, Sefo, Olugbode, Topou, C Kelley, Sean Irwin, Gilbert, Thompson

They likely keep some pretty good offensive players in Fields, Ross, Bobo, Julmisse O/D/ST?, Macintyre, RB Adkins, RB Evans, Lindsey is probably back for his SR year, TB Lee, Jeromy Irwin,

They also keep these defensive players ... Moeller, DB Oliver, Gillam, McCartney.

They may have a few players drafted ... Awuzie definitely, Thompson has a good shot, Sean Gilbert is a good edge rusher and Witherspoon is good in coverage and has great size, even Olugbode could get some looks, he has some decent speed for LB but might lack the size needed.
                  sigpic

Comment

• I think losing Sefo will be addition by subtraction. He was a huge liability in the passing game. Our defense is a huge question mark next year, biggest question mark is defensive coordinator. If we keep Leavitt, I think we'll be ok, otherwise I will be worried about it. Our offense really should take a big step forward next season, our offensive line should be markedly improved since we return almost everyone along with a strong recruiting class.

Our receivers should be better, our offensive coordinator really needs to improve his play calling, though. It felt like whenever we played a team that had good cornerbacks, that we couldn't beat on running go routes all day, our passing game was completely helpless against. Inexplicably we never ran crossing routes or anything to try to help our receivers beat man coverage against the better secondaries in the league. It felt like if our receivers couldn't beat the corners in one on one coverage, our offensive coordinator never called plays to try to help them out (double moves, curls, crossing routes etc)

Comment

• Well Jim Leavitt took a lat move to Oregon today.

Guess the school doesn't really care about winning if they weren't willing to match that offer to keep him.
                      sigpic

Comment

Well Jim Leavitt took a lat move to Oregon today.

Guess the school doesn't really care about winning if they weren't willing to match that offer to keep him.
                        Oh well.... back to mediocrity. It was a fun season, but we won't be seeing any more 10 win seasons for a while.

Comment

• Hour and a half till kick off for the first bowl game in a decade.

Go Buffs!!!
                          sigpic

Comment

Hour and a half till kick off for the first bowl game in a decade.

Go Buffs!!!
                            Good luck to you guys!!!

Comment

• Poor final two showings of the season for the Buffs in an otherwise amazing year.

Not a good sign with Okie st is going right at our best defender and being successful.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Well this sucks...

Adopted Posters - Broncoholic MS, thatkidhunt, Al Wilson 4 Mayor, Thors Hammer, McSmashie, CanDB, Peanut, BroncoManiac_69, MightyHorse, CHARGER$, Chillez, EddieMac
                                Married Megan Joy on August 18th, 2013
                                Proud Daddy of Jeremiah James born February 24, 2011

Adopt-A-Bronco 2013 - Champ Bailey
                                Yankees, Rockies, Nuggets, Avalanche, CU Buffs
                                I still miss you Jake Plummer!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X