The Colorado Buffaloes Football Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DrunkPanda View Post
    no, he had a typical cody hawkins game. the guy is freaking awful! he should not be a quarterback. i think they made him quarterback because he was incapable of playing any of the other positions, which still isn't a really good reason. i think it would have been a close game if we had a quarterback that was mobile, had a good arm, could read defenses, could play well under pressure. just ONE of those things, any one and i'd be happy. unfortunately we had cody hawkins instead... i've never before seen a quarterback in division 1 football that couldn't do ANY of those things. he literally is not good at anything, we should have made rodney stewart our qb for this game, like nebraska did with burkhead
    Ya He definitely isn't Division 1 Quarterback material.

In other news, I heard on the fan that Bienemy is the front runner for the coaching job. I think it could be a great hire if they choose him.
    sigpic

@BlueNOrangeFTW

Comment

• DP: Embree offered CU Coaching Job

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_16759314

"Colorado has offered its head football coaching job to Jon Embree, according to legendary coach Bill McCartney, who himself was a candidate.

McCartney said that Embree, currently the Washington Redskins tight ends coach, has been given a formal offer, and CU is hoping he accepts and then hires former Buff great Eric Bieniemy as his offensive coordinator.

McCartney was a candidate to replace Dan Hawkins but said his plan all along, had he been named coach, was to hire Embree and Bieniemy on his staff and groom one of them to take over as head coach in two or three years. When it became clear he would not get the head coaching position, McCartney said he pushed for Embree or Bieniemy to get the job.

"It was never about me doing it again," McCartney said in an interview with The Denver Post. "It was about setting the table for a black man to come in (as head coach). And he (Mike Bohn) hired one. Now, give him a chance."

Neither Embree nor athletic director Mike Bohn could be reached for comment.

Word around the Washington Redskins' office today is that Embree has told associates he has received an offer and is weighing whether to accept the position.

Bieniemy is currently the running backs coach for the Minnesota Vikings.

Colorado's original "A" list, sources said, consisted of LSU coach Les Miles, Air Force coach Troy Calhoun and former Oregon coach Mike Bellotti. CU talked to Calhoun and Bellotti but they could not be enticed. Miles was always a longshot, as he holds one of the most prestigious college football jobs in the country."

I would be really happy with this choice. I'd be a bit surprised for Bienemy to take a job in College Footabll that isn't a head coaching one, though.

EDIT: Bohn denies Embree has been offered job:

http://www.dailycamera.com/sports/ci_16758324
      Last edited by BluenOrnge4Life; 12-02-2010, 12:57 PM.
      sigpic

@BlueNOrangeFTW

Comment

• I LOVE THIS!

Most Buff fans are going to hate this because its not a Les Miles or Mike Leach, etc. But with Embree and EB, along with Cabral still on staff... these guys are going to recruit like crazy! I'm pumped!

GO BUFFS!
        fight u dwn the fied..cu must win.. fight fight fr Victoy..cu knows no defet! so roll up the mighty score, Never Give in!!...shouler to shulder we will FIGHT..FIGHT ... FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!

Comment

• I think this is a great move all around, cant wait to see what unfolds in the next few years!

Comment

• Originally posted by broncofan303 View Post
            I LOVE THIS!

Most Buff fans are going to hate this because its not a Les Miles or Mike Leach, etc. But with Embree and EB, along with Cabral still on staff... these guys are going to recruit like crazy! I'm pumped!

GO BUFFS!
            Originally posted by Den615 View Post
            I think this is a great move all around, cant wait to see what unfolds in the next few years!
            I agree and I'm really excited as well. Embree as head coach, Bienemy as OC, and Cabral as DC is going to be awesome.

Hearing Coach Mac talk about it this morning got me really pumped up.

Embree and Bienemy both have played for CU, played in the NFL, and coached in the NFL. Also, they have ties to Colorado and California so recruiting in the Pac 10 should be a breeze.

CU Boulder is an all around amazing University and it's going to be exciting to see this program be relevant again in the coming years.
            sigpic

@BlueNOrangeFTW

Comment

• I really didn't pay attention to CU football this season for obvious reasons...

But I was wondering if anyone has heard how Nick Hirschman has acclimated to the college game? Just based on physical ability he seems to be the most talented QB on the roster, does he have a chance to start next year?

Comment

• CU adds JUCO QB

The Maryville, Tenn., native began his career at Middle Tennessee State where he was a redshirt in 2008 and played in nine games in 2009, throwing the go-ahead touchdown to beat Southern Mississippi in the New Orleans Bowl. In the prep ranks, he led Maryville High School to a 60-0 record and four state championships from 2004-07, throwing for 6,408 yards and 68 touchdowns.

According to an ESPN recruiting analysis, Burnette comes highly touted.

"Burnette is reminiscent of Brady Quinn in terms of overall mechanics and delivery," the recruiting report read. "He is a disciplined, solid pocket passer with excellent overall tools and arm strength as a thrower. He is well groomed and consistent in his methods, and you see the same footwork, balance, ball carriage and delivery."
                "What I think I do really well is lead a team," Burnett told Rivals. "All the individual stuff is not important to me. I think winning is what separates me from a lot of quarterbacks. And I think I can make any throw that there is to make on the football field, whether it is a deep comeback or a deep post. Colorado said they have some talented receivers so that will make it easier for me I come in there."
                http://www.dailycamera.com/cu-colleg...ts/ci_17051864

Sounds like an interesting prospect, lots of upside.

Comment

• Jon Embree and his new staff have hit the ground running, to use a cliche.

In only a few weeks of recruiting, they are up to more than dozen committed players, most of whom have other BCS offers.

So far, I'm impressed. I was ready to give him a pass on getting a great recruiting class this year, but he's surpassed my expectations.

Committed so far (12 listed for about 15 or 16 spots). Next weekend is the last opening for official visits before signing day, the first week in Feb.

Brent Burnette 3 stars QB
                  Yuma, AZ Arizona Western C.C.

Jermaine Clark 2 stars ATH
                  Oak Ridge, NC Oak Ridge Military Academy

Brady Daigh 3 stars LB
                  Denver, CO Mullen

Stevie Dorman 3 stars QB
                  Somerset, TX Somerset

Woodson Greer 3 stars LB
                  Gardena, CA Junipero Serra

Rashad Hall 2 stars RB

Sherrard Harrington 3 stars DB
                  Washington, District of Columbia
                  H. D. Woodson

Gregory Henderson 2 stars DB
                  Norco, CA Norco

Alex Kelley 3 stars OL
                  Vista, CA Vista

Marc Mustoe 3 stars OL
                  Arvada, CO Arvada West

Nelson Spruce 3 stars WR
                  Westlake Village, CA Westlake

K.T. Tuumalo 3 stars LB
                  Honolulu, HI Punahou

Comment

• Originally posted by Den615 View Post
                    I really didn't pay attention to CU football this season for obvious reasons...

But I was wondering if anyone has heard how Nick Hirschman has acclimated to the college game? Just based on physical ability he seems to be the most talented QB on the roster, does he have a chance to start next year?
                    According to Coach Embree, everybody has a chance. He plans to play the "best guy" at each position, regardless of their year in school, status as walkon or scholarship player, or stars awarded in high school.

But Tyler Hansen, who was doing well until he was hit by a spleen injury, is going to be the guy to beat - He's a senior, with three years of game experience.

Hirshman has the physical attributes to compete for the spot, but CU has also recruited two other QBs expected to commit in Feb. Brent Burnette, a JC quarterback, planned to enroll at CU in January (as in now), which means he'll also be able to show what he can do in spring ball.

Whoever gets the position, or shows best in the spring, will at least know that it was presented as a "fair and square" competition. Past years, complicated by the relationship between HC and his son, have been murkier in how the starter was chosen. So Hirschman has an equal chance to Burnette and Hansen --- although age and experience favors the those two, Hirschman is still going to be a competitor.

Here's some info on Burnette.
                    http://sports.ap.org/college-footbal...d4e3384b862805

Comment

• Originally posted by ChefBoyRD View Post
                      Jon Embree and his new staff have hit the ground running, to use a cliche.

In only a few weeks of recruiting, they are up to more than dozen committed players, most of whom have other BCS offers.

So far, I'm impressed. I was ready to give him a pass on getting a great recruiting class this year, but he's surpassed my expectations.

Committed so far (12 listed for about 15 or 16 spots). Next weekend is the last opening for official visits before signing day, the first week in Feb.

Brent Burnette 3 stars QB
                      Yuma, AZ Arizona Western C.C.

Jermaine Clark 2 stars ATH

Brady Daigh 3 stars LB
                      Denver, CO Mullen

Stevie Dorman 3 stars QB
                      Somerset, TX Somerset

Woodson Greer 3 stars LB
                      Gardena, CA Junipero Serra

Rashad Hall 2 stars RB

Sherrard Harrington 3 stars DB
                      Washington, District of Columbia
                      H. D. Woodson

Gregory Henderson 2 stars DB
                      Norco, CA Norco

Alex Kelley 3 stars OL
                      Vista, CA Vista

Marc Mustoe 3 stars OL
                      Arvada, CO Arvada West

Nelson Spruce 3 stars WR
                      Westlake Village, CA Westlake

K.T. Tuumalo 3 stars LB
                      Honolulu, HI Punahou
                      Not any 4 or 5 star recruits yet, eh?

I guess it will be the perfect chance to show that they can coach up/develop players. With Hawkins running this program into the ground, I didn't expect a bunch of 4 and 5 star recruits, but it would be nice to see a couple.
                      sigpic

@BlueNOrangeFTW

Comment

• If a mod could change the first post to say Pac-12 instead of BIG XII that would be awesome!!

GO BUFFS!!! BEAT HAWAI'I!!!

Adopted Posters - Broncoholic MS, thatkidhunt, Al Wilson 4 Mayor, Thors Hammer, McSmashie, CanDB, Peanut, BroncoManiac_69, MightyHorse, CHARGER$, Chillez, EddieMac
                        Married Megan Joy on August 18th, 2013
                        Proud Daddy of Jeremiah James born February 24, 2011

Adopt-A-Bronco 2013 - Champ Bailey
                        Yankees, Rockies, Nuggets, Avalanche, CU Buffs
                        I still miss you Jake Plummer!

sigpic

Comment

• This may not be a conference game, but lets make an early Pac-12 statement! GO BUFFALOES! FIGHT CU DOWN THE FIELD.....

Adopted Posters - Broncoholic MS, thatkidhunt, Al Wilson 4 Mayor, Thors Hammer, McSmashie, CanDB, Peanut, BroncoManiac_69, MightyHorse, CHARGER$, Chillez, EddieMac

sigpic

Comment

• Ok ESPN we get it, you hate us. Please stop punching us In the gut every chance you get.

sigpic

Comment

• GO Warriors!!!!!!
                              HE>i

Comment

• That was a rough game to watch
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...