Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brianmcfarlane
    replied
    Disappointing 2nd half, it looked like they were going to take this game after Rice took the first pass all the way but the defense couldn't hold up. The offense also couldn't consistently get anything going. Overall this season has been a success for the Buffs.
    Sad that Nate Landman got hurt ... again. I thought maybe he had worked himself into being drafted but, now? IDK, he can't seem to stay healthy, hopefully it isn't as serious as it looked.
    Looked up the news on him and it is apparently an ankle injury; so maybe he can be ready this spring? If it broke then probably not. I guess this season doesn't count towards eligibility so he could come back for another season, I doubt he will. I guess he has started the last 29 games; I thought he had missed significant time due to injuries.

Are they doing Bowl games? An invite is better than they have done the last few years anyway.

Leave a comment:

• DenverBlood
    replied
    Complete choke job second half.

Leave a comment:

• Kyousukeneko
    replied
    If they win next game and usc wins the next game they could be un defeated and not get to the conference championship that would be super sad

Leave a comment:

• DenverBlood
    replied
    4-0! Broussard is a beast but Noyer hasn’t been that good lately.

Leave a comment:

• DenverBlood
    replied
    Weird to say but the Buffs are bowl eligible at 3-0. Could finish 5-0 pending if they make up USC or not.

Leave a comment:

• DenverBlood
    replied
    Buffs found a late replacement opponent today in San Diego st. Unfortunately it got moved to PAC-12 network so I can’t watch it. Hope they don’t have a letdown by not having been able to prepare for this opponent. But glad they can play.

Leave a comment:

• DenverBlood
    replied
    Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post

CU is looking really good so far for a change. and the PAC 12 south is weak so we may have a chance to make some big noise.
    As long as they can take care of business at home Saturday they will have the opportunity to go into USC the following week and try to steal the south on a short season.

Leave a comment:

• Kyousukeneko
    replied
    Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Let’s go Buffs! Make Mel Tucker look stupid for choosing Sparty instead.
    CU is looking really good so far for a change. and the PAC 12 south is weak so we may have a chance to make some big noise.

Leave a comment:

• DenverBlood
    replied
    2-0!!! Dorell has this team looking good!

Leave a comment:

• DenverBlood
    replied
    Let’s go Buffs! Make Mel Tucker look stupid for choosing Sparty instead.

Leave a comment:

• DenverBlood
    replied
    The Buffs look so much better with Noyer at qb than Montez.

Leave a comment:

• brianmcfarlane
    replied
    Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
    And the new coach has already suspended him Indefinitely.
    Too bad. For some reason his signing sounded too good to be true. Tucker leaving may be an issue with him? Not a good offseason for CU football, still had a pretty good recruiting season without Alfano.

Leave a comment:

• DenverBlood
    replied
    Originally posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
    A huge signing is Antonio Alfano ... I am pretty sure he was a 5 star recruit out of high school? He was recruited by Alabama and he committed/enrolled with them but I guess had some family things and is transferring to CU. He was named the No. 1 prospect in the 2019 class by 247Sports with a perfect rating of 100, where he was also the top rated strongside defensive end and top player from New Jersey.
    Looks like a great class, Tucker is getting it done!
    And the new coach has already suspended him Indefinitely.

Leave a comment:

• DenverBlood
    replied
    According to the latest figures, Pac-12 schools make at least $17 million less annually than their Big Ten counterparts in media revenue ($50 million vs. $33 million).
    Jon Wilner of the San Jose Mercury News has already calculated that each Big Ten school will make $139 million more than its Pac-12 counterpart over the next five years.
    Tucker made $2.4 million at Colorado, is getting 5.4M to coach at Michigan St.
    Also, Alabama's mere recruiting budget, according to a recent report, is $2.6 million.

I'd say that the most "greedy" in this is Tucker. It sounds like he left because of the money offered? It looks like the Big10 is more capable of paying out big money than Pac12 teams are.

Frustrating that CU apparently can't compete financially with, at least the Big10 and SEC.
    From what I read it’s not lack of ability of the PAC-12 to pay their schools/coaches. It’s decision to be cheap and greedy and pocket the money and not funnel it back into the schools/coaches. If the conference was revenue sharing the way the SEC does then Colorado would’ve been able to afford to match Tucker’s deal. It’s a choice not to.

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    The day big loser in this could be Michigan State. With all due respect to Tucker, he's been an HC for 1 year and finished 5-7 overall and 3-6 in conference in a down year for the Pac 12. I see nothing compelling for them to have lured him away, especially since he doesn't have any links to the Michigan State football program.

The better play for Michigan State was likely to go with an interim HC for a year (yeah it sucks, but it's a take your medicine type thing) and then next November/December you've got a much bigger pool of candidates to choose from, and you can attract a top notch candidate. That may have even ended up being Mel Tucker at that point in time, but at least they would have had a big pool to choose from. Colorado should consider doing that if they can't get Bienemy. It's not ideal, but it saves you from panic hiring a bad candidate now (just to get someone) and then having to pay a big buyout later when you realize you got the wrong guy.
    In fairness to tucker he started with a very bare bones roster in year one. And they improved through out the year. It was very noticeable. Then he went out together the #34 recruiting class. The highest seen at Colorado in probably 15-20 years. It’s not hard to see the optimism was real high with Tucker.

I’m sure Sparty thinks he is capable of pulling in a top 15 class. I’m not convinced though Dantonio usually out coached his classes similar to Wisconsin.

Leave a comment:

• Butler By'Note
    replied
    According to the latest figures, Pac-12 schools make at least $17 million less annually than their Big Ten counterparts in media revenue ($50 million vs. $33 million).
    Jon Wilner of the San Jose Mercury News has already calculated that each Big Ten school will make $139 million more than its Pac-12 counterpart over the next five years.
    Tucker made $2.4 million at Colorado, is getting 5.4M to coach at Michigan St.
    Also, Alabama's mere recruiting budget, according to a recent report, is $2.6 million.

I'd say that the most "greedy" in this is Tucker. It sounds like he left because of the money offered? It looks like the Big10 is more capable of paying out big money than Pac12 teams are.

Frustrating that CU apparently can't compete financially with, at least the Big10 and SEC.
    The big loser in this could be Michigan State. With all due respect to Tucker, he's been an HC for 1 year and finished 5-7 overall and 3-6 in conference in a down year for the Pac 12. I see nothing compelling for them to have lured him away, especially since he doesn't have any links to the Michigan State football program.

The better play for Michigan State was likely to go with an interim HC for a year (yeah it sucks, but it's a take your medicine type thing) and then next November/December you've got a much bigger pool of candidates to choose from, and you can attract a top notch candidate. That may have even ended up being Mel Tucker at that point in time, but at least they would have had a big pool to choose from. Colorado should consider doing that if they can't get Bienemy. It's not ideal, but it saves you from panic hiring a bad candidate now (just to get someone) and then having to pay a big buyout later when you realize you got the wrong guy.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X