The next Ray Lewis??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The next Ray Lewis??

Vontaze Burfict MLB from Arizona State. He will be declaring next year. Has been compared to Ray Lewis for his style of play! Just take a look at #7! I'd love to see him in Orange& Blue Next season!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxQEkLHo0F4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ImQMetgViU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvcsffTQojI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbXIN0d4V8w On this one his highlights start at the 1:20 mark

Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
    I hope the Broncos play better in 2010 to at least get out of the top 5, and I am very interested in LB Vontaze Burfict. The kid needs to grow up and show some maturity without losing his mean streak, but damn he is a talented player.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kvcsf...eature=related
    I'm with you

But he needs to take a few steps. Become a better technician, produce better stats and play smarter (stay out of trouble on the field). Has potential to be a great LB prospect in 2012 or 2013.

EDIT: Luke Kuechly is also impressive. He is better than Burfict today but tomorrow might be a different story.
    Last edited by -Rod-; 04-03-2011, 02:31 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

It seems every LB coming out of college is the next Ray Lewis.
      But in all seriousness there are several super talented LBs coming out next year that can helm the middle for us.
      I think Vontaze will be the best of them, he is really everything you look for in a linebacker. Great instincts, excellent tacklers, physical freak, and great intangibles. He is kind of a headcase though but to be honest that is what I want from my MLB at times.
      That being said if we end up with Kuelchy/Te'o/Skov I'd be happy too.

Comment

This kid is amazing, I would love to have him. But I doubt he will available at the number 32 pick next year.
        sigpic

Want to live forever? Of course you do! So shoot me a CP.

Comment

Regardless ...

... of who the backers are, they'd better have some good DL in front or they won't make as many tackles.
          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

I'd love to see a stud LB anchoring the D for about a decade.:thumb:
            sigpic

Comment

Let me tell you something about Vontaze Burfict...

1. He wears #7 because of John Elway, My source aka his mouth told me this

2. Broncos won't suck enough next year to have a chance at drafting him

3. He and his crew will be bring back that Trophy from Pasadena to Tempe in January

Comment

Originally posted by Touch_30_Down View Post
                It seems every LB coming out of college is the next Ray Lewis.
                The college coach of Ray Lewis is Burficts current coach, and he makes the comparison.

Comment

Teo is better imo.

Comment

Now go get your shine box

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky The Sun Devil View Post
                      Let me tell you something about Vontaze Burfict...

1. He wears #7 because of John Elway, My source aka his mouth told me this

2. Broncos won't suck enough next year to have a chance at drafting him

3. He and his crew will be bring back that Trophy from Pasadena to Tempe in January
                      Heres a few other things about him....

1-Hes an A-hole
                      2-Hes a very good LB
                      3-He has trouble controlling his emotions
                      4-He will slip due to character concerns (we actually have a pretty good chance at drafting him)

Despite #1 and #3 I would still love to have him on our LB crew...

Comment

Originally posted by red 19 View Post
                        Heres a few other things about him....

1-Hes an A-hole
                        2-Hes a very good LB
                        3-He has trouble controlling his emotions
                        4-He will slip due to character concerns (we actually have a pretty good chance at drafting him)

Despite #1 and #3 I would still love to have him on our LB crew...
                        1 He is not an a-hole; you just mad he was way better than Munns
                        2 he is a great LB
                        3 Watch it all be corrected this year; he improved a lot on it late in the season
                        4 Besides personal foul penalties; there are zero character concerns
                        Last edited by Sparky The Sun Devil; 04-10-2011, 07:57 PM.

Comment

1 He is not an a-hole
                          2 he is a great LB
                          3 Watch it all be corrected this year; he improved a lot on it late in the season
                          Dude punched his own coach(or at the very least got into some sort of altercation).....

But yes hes a very good LB. I think a lot of his "issues" were largely due to teams baiting him into it. Hes a sure fire 1st rounder and theres no doubt about that.

Comment

1 He is not an a-hole; you just mad he was way better than Munns
                            2 he is a great LB
                            Nice edit there guy.......

I never said anything about Gerald being better. So dry your eyes.

Comment

This is who u want
                              http://usc.ocregister.com/files/2009/10/teo1014.jpg

Comment

Working...
                              X