Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Going To Be A NICE Change

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Going To Be A NICE Change

    Just a random thought here about how it is gonna be nice, as a Nebraska fan, to be part of a Confrence the Big 10, that isn't totally ruled by one University, (Texas), that has all the money, and seemingly now, will just be content to play second fiddle every year to OU, like they have every year except 3 of the 16 years of the Conf. exsistence, on the field!

    ADIOS! I for one won't miss it at all!:thumb:
    sigpicoh YEAH?

  • #2
    I guess the good news for you guys is that OSU is going under.

    The Big Ten is a very competitive conference, and I don't see NU streaking past everyone. Hopefully you guys will still play OU and CU, because that's part of your history.

    Oh, and don't worry, we won't miss having two teams constantly crying about how they are always second fiddle when if they really wanted to be on top they'd win and stay there.
    sigpic

    Hooray, beer!

    Comment


    • #3
      DANG! I start one last smack post about Texas and only have one fan reply??? Well it really IS the offseason after all!

      Honestly, everyone that is SUPPOSEDLY an expert says Nebraska will compete with everyone in the Big 10. I will adopt an wait and see attitude untill then.

      By the way, will this be Macks last year?
      sigpicoh YEAH?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Axemaster View Post
        DANG! I start one last smack post about Texas and only have one fan reply??? Well it really IS the offseason after all!

        Honestly, everyone that is SUPPOSEDLY an expert says Nebraska will compete with everyone in the Big 10. I will adopt an wait and see attitude untill then.

        By the way, will this be Macks last year?
        I think he will finish out his contract. He's not a "OH I can't win without so-and-so player, so I'm retiring".

        NU should compete in the Big 10. I think Coach P. has them going in the right direction. Might wanna consider a different offense though. The best teams in that conference run pro-style or have some element of it built in because the winters in the Big 10 are pretty harsh.

        Your defense is geared towards stopping spread offenses of the Big 12, are we going to see a change there?
        sigpic

        Hooray, beer!

        Comment


        • #5
          Not another nebraskan


          Go Fresno State!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!


          we play you guys next season @ nebraska. Should be fun.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by 12and4 View Post
            Not another nebraskan


            Go Fresno State!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!


            we play you guys next season @ nebraska. Should be fun.
            yeah, fun for us.

            Comment


            • #7
              USC=Undefeated Next Season

              Damn you and your outrageous and undeserved bans NCAA...

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                I think he will finish out his contract. He's not a "OH I can't win without so-and-so player, so I'm retiring".

                NU should compete in the Big 10. I think Coach P. has them going in the right direction. Might wanna consider a different offense though. The best teams in that conference run pro-style or have some element of it built in because the winters in the Big 10 are pretty harsh.

                Your defense is geared towards stopping spread offenses of the Big 12, are we going to see a change there?
                I think the Pelini Bros. will be OK on Defense. The Huskers are the total exact opposite of Denver, the Defense is strong, and the O, especially the O-line and the passing game are weak, and I don't see it getting any better, unless they are going to return to a old style Neb. Off, pound pound pound, put the D to sleep, then burn the D on a play action pass to a wide open tight end like they used to be able to do.

                Should be interesting.
                sigpicoh YEAH?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Looks like a good opportunity this year to break the SEC's 5 year strangle-hold on the BCS Championship. Maybe Big 10 vs. Pac-10 in the championship game.

                  (Note: only way to break the SEC's strangehold is to keep them out of the BCS game by holding their SEC losses against them )

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                    yeah, fun for us.
                    Only a charger fan would know how to have fun even at defeat. Evolution i guess


                    edit: wait this isn't the smack forum.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by 12and4 View Post
                      Only a charger fan would know how to have fun even at defeat. Evolution i guess


                      edit: wait this isn't the smack forum.
                      is a little smack outside of the smack forum too much for ya?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Axemaster View Post
                        I think the Pelini Bros. will be OK on Defense. The Huskers are the total exact opposite of Denver, the Defense is strong, and the O, especially the O-line and the passing game are weak, and I don't see it getting any better, unless they are going to return to a old style Neb. Off, pound pound pound, put the D to sleep, then burn the D on a play action pass to a wide open tight end like they used to be able to do.

                        Should be interesting.
                        The defense will be stiff next year. They're going back to a tradition 4-3 with strong run defenders in their LB w/ Compton and Sean Fisher. And Lavonte David is a speed demon, but supposedly is putting on a few pounds to be more effective in the run game. They will still use the Peso sparingly, as Michigan runs a spread/speed oriented offense, along w/ some other teams possibly.

                        The loffense ooks to be completely reworked w/ Tim Beck as the new O-coordinator. He has simplified the offense and that should help the QBs tremendously. The O-line will be improved I believe. They are going to have possibly 2, maybe 3 freshmen start on the line in Reeves, Klachko and Tyler Moore. They are a young line, but they are going to be good, especially in a couple years.

                        Although Helu is gone, they get 2-3 outstanding new RBs that are all freshmen. I would assume 1 of them will be redshirted. But Braylon Heard has finally enrolled and true freshman Aaron Green is supposed to be something else, as he has game changing speed and incredible vision for a kid just out of HS.

                        No doubt, Nebraska will have their hands full as the schedule makers did them no favors, but I think it will be fun to see how they measure up to the Big 10's best. The key is getting back to running the football and moving away from that terrible offense last year (thank God Watson is gone.... he was not on the same page as Pelini, and the O-line coach) and cutting down on the stupid penalties that killed them game after game. The run defense will also be a huge factor this year. They got torched a few games last year, but they were always in the Peso, and never made adjustments. Peso won't fly in the Big 10, and I know they are going back to 3 linebackers instead of 2, and sometimes 1.

                        GBR

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Teams Changing Conferences

                          The one in which I'm most interested is when TCU joins the Big East. Being in a BCS conference will help Gary Patterson's recruiting efforts in Texas. Going undefeated in the Big East is a possibility for TCU. The Big East will get to know one of the great defensive innovators of college football in Patterson.

                          The other one I find intriguing is the merger of the best part of the WAC with what's left of the Mountain West after the defections. The head coaches in the new Mountain West will be among the most innovative in college football: Chris Ault, Rocky Long, Chris Petersen, Pat Hill, Kyle Whittingham, Greg McMackin and Troy Calhoun.

                          It will also be interesting to see how well Utah can do in the PAC 12 especially after they benefit from better recruiting.

                          I wonder what BYU's schedule will look like after they are completely independent?
                          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                            The one in which I'm most interested is when TCU joins the Big East. Being in a BCS conference will help Gary Patterson's recruiting efforts in Texas. Going undefeated in the Big East is a possibility for TCU. The Big East will get to know one of the great defensive innovators of college football in Patterson.

                            The other one I find intriguing is the merger of the best part of the WAC with what's left of the Mountain West after the defections. The head coaches in the new Mountain West will be among the most innovative in college football: Chris Ault, Rocky Long, Chris Petersen, Pat Hill, Kyle Whittingham, Greg McMackin and Troy Calhoun.

                            It will also be interesting to see how well Utah can do in the PAC 12 especially after they benefit from better recruiting.

                            I wonder what BYU's schedule will look like after they are completely independent?
                            TCU will flat out dominate every year in the Big East.
                            sigpicoh YEAH?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Axemaster View Post
                              TCU will flat out dominate every year in the Big East.
                              I agree they will the next few years, but you never know after that.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X