Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big East

Originally posted by Axemaster View Post
    TCU will flat out dominate every year in the Big East.
    It may turn out that way. The Big East is in a bit of disarray as far as football goes.

Randy Edsall left UConn. Dave Wannstedt was forced out at Pitt and his replacement didn't work out. Bill Stewart does a decent job at WVa., but I don't know if he is as dynamic as Rich Rodriguez who shouldn't have left.

Butch Jones didn't do very well at Cincinnati in 2010; only four wins. Skip Holtz had a decent first season at USF. Rutgers is mediocre recently. Syracuse looks like they are bouncing back. Louisville hasn't done well since Petrino left.

WVa and USF look like the best with Syracuse making a comeback, but I don't know how they will match up against TCU especially after Patterson improves his recruiting in Texas. Football players in that state might opt for TCU over TexTech, Baylor and Texas A&M in the hopes of making it to the BCS Championship Game.

Gary Patterson is one of the great innovators of college football. He really had TCU ready to play Wisconsin in the Rose Bowl. Winning that game was a big deal in part because Bret Bielema is one of the many great Head Coaches from the Hayden Fry coaching tree. He and the Badgers didn't go down easy.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
      It may turn out that way. The Big East is in a bit of disarray as far as football goes.

Randy Edsall left UConn. Dave Wannstedt was forced out at Pitt and his replacement didn't work out. Bill Stewart does a decent job at WVa., but I don't know if he is as dynamic as Rich Rodriguez who shouldn't have left.

Butch Jones didn't do very well at Cincinnati in 2010; only four wins. Skip Holtz had a decent first season at USF. Rutgers is mediocre recently. Syracuse looks like they are bouncing back. Louisville hasn't done well since Petrino left.

WVa and USF look like the best with Syracuse making a comeback, but I don't know how they will match up against TCU especially after Patterson improves his recruiting in Texas. Football players in that state might opt for TCU over TexTech, Baylor and Texas A&M in the hopes of making it to the BCS Championship Game.

Gary Patterson is one of the great innovators of college football. He really had TCU ready to play Wisconsin in the Rose Bowl. Winning that game was a big deal in part because Bret Bielema is one of the many great Head Coaches from the Hayden Fry coaching tree. He and the Badgers didn't go down easy.
      I honestly think that TCU WOULD compete in the Big 12, and it is a SHAME that this opportunity was missed!
      sigpicoh YEAH?

Comment

College Conferences

Originally posted by Axemaster View Post
        I honestly think that TCU WOULD compete in the Big 12, and it is a SHAME that this opportunity was missed!
        There will be more realignment in the future.

I think it would be cool for each Mountain West team to schedule a Big East team every season on a rotational basis. There has been a little bit of play between those two conferences. It would be interesting and just might prove something.

Big East would probably not agree because they fear MWC. There is room in the schedules for such matchups. Big East needs to stop playing FCS/DIA teams. It isn't helping them.

I think there is a lawsuit, Utah I think. Litigation is resonable because of the amount of money involved.
        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

I can't wait till college ball... who cares about nfl anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by 12and4 View Post
            i hear ya, i am exited for Nebraska to play in their new conference, even though its gonna be rough i think lol

Comment

This may finally be the year I get into college ball... Even then it won't be the same
              :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic
              Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by Frenchy180 View Post
                This may finally be the year I get into college ball... Even then it won't be the same
                To me, College > NFL because I actually get to go to the games and also because i attend the college. Plus I've had season tix since like 2001

Comment

To me, College > NFL because I actually get to go to the games and also because i attend the college. Plus I've had season tix since like 2001
                  the college experience and atmosphere >>>>>> NFL

pretty much everything else is better about the NFL though IMO.

especially the post season and competitive balance. cannot stand the NCAA college bowl system, with or without the BCS.

and games where you know (baring a miracle) what team is going to win the game when the big schools play the little ones just to get easy free ooc wins.

its not even remotely competitive and sure as hell isn't Worth the price to see the games live.

but, if you take it for what it is and just enjoy the expierience, they can be much more fun than NFL games.

especially when you got two ranked teams gong against each other, those are the only games that are close to being worthy of the NFL from a quality standpoint, in my honest opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                    the college experience and atmosphere >>>>>> NFL

pretty much everything else is better about the NFL though IMO.

especially the post season and competitive balance. cannot stand the NCAA college bowl system, with or without the BCS.

and games where you know (baring a miracle) what team is going to win the game when the big schools play the little ones just to get easy free ooc wins.

its not even remotely competitive and sure as hell isn't Worth the price to see the games live.

but, if you take it for what it is and just enjoy the expierience, they can be much more fun than NFL games.

especially when you got two ranked teams gong against each other, those are the only games that are close to being worthy of the NFL from a quality standpoint, in my honest opinion.
                    Don't underestimate fresno

but yeah the "postseason" (if thats what they want to call it) is bogus.

Comment

Working...
                    X