Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jim Tressel resigns as Ohio State coach

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=6606999
    Last edited by DevilSpawn; 05-30-2011, 07:21 AM.

All man :cry:

Thanks for posting so I can check it out ...

Yuck just yuck what a crappy sports year I'm having ... I was pro Tressel all the way... By far my favorite coach in sports
    Last edited by LarryDean; 05-30-2011, 07:29 AM.
    :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo:

Comment

Oh well with this news, he will be replacing Fox here before the season starts....

The sweater vest is so cool though!
      sigpic
      The Bronco fan pledge;
      I am a Broncos Fan and I believe
      I believe in Mile High Magic and bleed Orange and Blue.
      I celebrate the Orange Crush, The Drive, and the Mile High Salute.
      I create the THUNDER, share the common dream, and will forever be a proud citizen of
      Bronco's Country.

Adopt a Poster AZ Snake Fan & SecondsAway131

Comment

For a Notre Dame fan this is great news but must really suck for OSU fans. Sorry LD.

But you have any ideas on the replacement so far? ( I doubt Meyer or Dungy go there and if they do I might cry....)

Comment

After the NCAA decided not to ease up on USC, it sent a message that no school was going to be spared. The thinking was, USC REPORTED themselves and were punished harshly. Ohio State LIED, and are probably going to get hit even harder.

I used to like Jim Tressel. Quitting because your run is over is cowardly IMO.
          sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
            After the NCAA decided not to ease up on USC, it sent a message that no school was going to be spared. The thinking was, USC REPORTED themselves and were punished harshly. Ohio State LIED, and are probably going to get hit even harder.

I used to like Jim Tressel. Quitting because your run is over is cowardly IMO.
            Like I said on facebook, he is a good coach, but didn't teach his players respect and common sense.

I don't think he quit because of OSU falling from grace, but it something that je probably thought about.
            sigpic
            Adopted Broncos:
            EmmanuelSanders

Comment

I read on Irish envy that there's going to be a Sports Illustrated article explaining the whole situation. Apparently OSU beat them to the punch in breaking the news before SI did to save face.

Comment

Unfortunate for OSU losing a great Coach. Bring on Urban Meyer...

Comment

Urban Meyer a candidate?

Originally posted by Remedy View Post
                  Unfortunate for OSU losing a great Coach. Bring on Urban Meyer...
                  Does this have substance or are you starting a rumor?

OK, I checked. It is a hot rumor being reported in newspapers and on the internet.

I'm a big Urban Meyer fan. I have transcripts of some of his coaching clinic presentations. :thumb:

The Spread Option is where direct snap (descended from Single Wing) meets option (descended from under center Os like Wing T, Veer, Option I and Wishbone). Erk Russell, Rich Rodriguez and Urban Meyer added option to Spread/Run& Shoot of Dutch Meyer, Tiger Ellison and Mouse Davis. Nice work.

Urban Meyer would most likely tear up the Big Ten/Twelve. The Spread Option has such simple reads and is such a potent balance of run and pass, I don't know why it isn't used more. Doubles motion to Bunch with triple option threat built in.

Maybe Urban returns to Ohio where he's from, where he played, at the school where he was an assistant and where he got his start as a HC. Cool!

Tressel will probably end up in the MAC like Frank Solich.
                  Last edited by samparnell; 05-30-2011, 02:43 PM.
                  "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Is it just me or do the strongest football colleges have scumbag programs?

Comment

Originally posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
                      Is it just me or do the strongest football colleges have scumbag programs?
                      Perhaps.

College coaches try to get the best high school players and end up with someone they might not have wanted after they get to know them.

NCAA rules are strict and voluminous.

Mike and Mike have had the ongoing debate about players being paid. On the one hand they are receiving an expensive education for their efforts. On the other they are helping to generate lots of revenue especially at BCS schools. Debatable.

Coaches are under a lot of pressure to win. Much of the pressure comes from boosters who cause a lot of the rules violations.

From my own perspective, discipline comes first. I don't have a lot of tolerance for undisciplined behavior on a football team. It's a cancer that gets out of hand quickly. Go to class, make grades, be at practice and be a good citizen. On and off the field bad behavior gets swift attention.

Tressel tried to cover up a clear rules violation and then lied about it. This has cost him and should be a lesson to be straight up with everyone at all times and follow the rules the best you can.
                      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

No Urban Meyer in 2011 (anywhere but ESPN). He does love OSU but I'm betting on Notre Dame in 2012+.

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                          Does this have substance or are you starting a rumor?

OK, I checked. It is a hot rumor being reported in newspapers and on the internet.
                          When the rumors first started about Tressel I heard it on a podcast or report on espn I forget where. I dont see it happening but a guy can wish.

Comment

Meyer isn't going anywhere NEAR Columbus.

Ohio State is gonna lose half of their scholarships and probably a year or two, possibly MORE of postseason eligibility.
                            sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

So are people in Cleveland burning sweater vests like they were burning Lebron jerseys last year?

sigpic

Adopted Posters:
                              Broncbeat - 80stheman - kmcgough25 - InsaneBlaze 23
                              Adopted By:
                              Broncoholic JS & 80stheman
                              Broncbeat

Comment

Working...
                              X