Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USC stripped of National Title

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/ncf/news/story?id=6632190

IMO it's just ludacris, yes Bush took improper benigits but to discredit what USC as a team did is ridiculous. To all the players that put in the hours in the weight and film room, as well as the countless practice hours Im sorry for you that the stupid NCAA felt it necessary to deprive you of a great accomplishment at least on paper.
    What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
    I don't know and I don't care

I'm never watching another NCAA football game, live, again.

How NCAA has treated the Trojan Program is absolutely ridiculous and out of the blue.

You have one guy come along who does his illegal business, and he's stupid enough to get caught doing it. Whatever, they should be punished, I can accept that. But the fact that this is happening at every college, the NCAA has no right to completely screw over the group of guys who play after Bush, the group of coaches who coach after Bush, and take the biggest achievement in college sports away from 52 other guys who worked their butts off for it.

An ideal and hypothetical comparison, to me, is to say the MLB finds out _______ once upon did a time did steriods. As a punishment, the MLB takes away the team's World Series, which they won with the guy on the team, and disallow them from spending more than .5 million dollars in free agency.

The way this whole fiasco has been treated is a disgrace to college football.

Comment

This is complete bull. Yes they cheated with one player who was punished. By no way should his actions be responsible for every kid and every fan and for the university to lose there awards.

Reggie Bush should not have even lost the Heisman. He was still the best player in college football and some benefits away from football do not change his on the field play. He didn't use performance enhancers.

In NCAA division one college football if you ain't cheating. You ain't winning. It is simple. The whole NCAA is a joke and until they acknowledge these kids as money generators and professional athletes and start to pay them then things will continue to happen. Pay them.

Comment

Originally posted by SoundsOfSuccess View Post
        The way this whole fiasco has been treated is a disgrace to college football.
        The whole of college football is a disgrace. It is a shambles.

Comment

Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
          This is complete bull. Yes they cheated with one player who was punished. By no way should his actions be responsible for every kid and every fan and for the university to lose there awards.

Reggie Bush should not have even lost the Heisman. He was still the best player in college football and some benefits away from football do not change his on the field play. He didn't use performance enhancers.

In NCAA division one college football if you ain't cheating. You ain't winning. It is simple. The whole NCAA is a joke and until they acknowledge these kids as money generators and professional athletes and start to pay them then things will continue to happen. Pay them.
          You mean, if you aren't cheating, you aren't even playing... The restrictions placed on these athletes are insane...

I see no problem with players selling their game worn stuff (that belongs to them.) Or someone paying for a house for their parents to live in...
          :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic
          Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Comment

i'm very happy they got stripped of the title, and i actually loved rooting for bush in college

but rules need to be followed , and favoritism must not be shown
            sigpic

Comment

Ridiculous

Bush shouldnt be punished nor should USC AT ALL

He didnt take PED's
              He didnt do anything that helped him earn that trophy

He accepted money. He sold stuff. BIG DEAL.

And then they go and screw over USC players and coaches who had NOTHING AT ALL TO DO with the scandal.

God the NCAA sucks.

Why are major sports NBA NFL NCAA MLB all just so unbelievably stupid? Smh

Comment

he broke the rules

it's good to see a university punished like this because one would hope it makes them enforce the rules better and go after higher character people.
                sigpic

Comment

USC knew what was going on and failed to report it.

They did it, it's not in dispute. They knowingly and willfully violated league rules knowing the potential consequences of their actions.

They made choices. These are their results.

Comment

Yeh no doubt USC done the wrong thing and should be punished I suppose however the NCAA is a joke.

I have no love for USC and couldn't care for their individual case of loss however I just think the whole NCAA is a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by Alastor View Post
                      USC knew what was going on and failed to report it.

They did it, it's not in dispute. They knowingly and willfully violated league rules knowing the potential consequences of their actions.

They made choices. These are their results.
                      Yes but in Ohio States case the kids sold Jerseys and stuff of their own to get tattoos. If I were a coach I wouldn't get these kids in trouble for trying to help themselves get by in college. Not all of these guys come from money.

Comment

hey , news flash, if you're going to go to college on a scholarship and you're made aware of what is wrong and right to do, so that your college won't suffer a foolish mistake you might make, and you do it anyway, then i have no sympathy for that kid or that school whatsoever

pick better character individuals who will abide by the rules set in place, and if you don't like the current rules, work to change them.

if you don't come from money, and you get a scholarship, learn how to live on what the school does give you, because athletes aren't just left completely high and dry, these guys are breaking rules for things that are not necessities

go to school, get some actual knowledge to fall back on in case you don't make it big enough to "get paid" and don't break the rules

practice some damn restraint, but no, everyone wants MOAR

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jcdavey View Post
                          i'm very happy they got stripped of the title, and i actually loved rooting for bush in college

You mean how the Ohio State players were allowed to play in the Sugar Bowl this year for the exact same infractions?

Hmm?

Comment

Originally posted by jcdavey View Post

So a player taking benefits that had no physical effects whatsoever should lead to every other player, coach, and employee losing what they spent countless hours working for. Actions that had no bearing on the game whatsoever should be punished by taking away what happened on the field is stupid
                            What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                            I don't know and I don't care

Comment

Speaking of Ohio State, ...

Originally posted by Kno-Sean View Post
                              You mean how the Ohio State players were allowed to play in the Sugar Bowl this year for the exact same infractions?

Hmm?
                              ... they should hold on to their hats and fasten their seatbelts.

The NCAA will give them worse consequences because their violations were more widespread and systemic.
                              "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Working...
                              X