• Show
Clear All

• the0rangecrush
    replied
    Originally posted by jcdavey View Post
    yes of course
    because those were the rules they signed on with

obey the rules, simple as that

yes , one bad apple can spoil the bunch....

if you don't like the rules, go get a job in the ncaa that will give you the opportunity to someday change those rules.....
    Yes and he payed the price, he lost his individual accolades, but you want everyone else who did abide by the rules to lose, that just makes 0 sense. Let's say you work in an office an do your work well day in and day out, but another co-worker slept with the bosses wife is and you lose your job is that fair?

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    Jim Tressel

yes of course

if you don't like the rules, go get a job in the ncaa that will give you the opportunity to someday change those rules.....
    He is a case in point. Tressel is a great football coach, but he has trouble with the rules. I can understand for there are many of them.

Tressel had problems at Youngstown State. If the reporting bears any relationship to what happened at Ohio State, Tressel knew what was happening, covered it up and lied about it. Sounds like 1-2-3 strikes and you're out to me.

The widespread and systemic nature of Ohio State's violations will lead to harsher sanctions than those imposed on USC.

All of this reveals the corruption of the BCS and its myth of supremacy.

Leave a comment:

• jcdavey
    replied
    Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    So a player taking benefits that had no physical effects whatsoever should lead to every other player, coach, and employee losing what they spent countless hours working for. Actions that had no bearing on the game whatsoever should be punished by taking away what happened on the field is stupid
    yes of course

Leave a comment:

• Alastor
    replied
    Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
    If I were a coach I wouldn't get these kids in trouble for trying to help themselves get by in college.
    I understand. I might even do the same if I were in that position.

But I would be making a choice, and I would be taking actions, and I'd have to live with my results.

Leave a comment:

• xX-Bronco-Xx
    replied
    The Bush push.

Karma. Love it.

Maybe I'm just bitter but oh well.

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    Speaking of Ohio State, ...

Originally posted by Kno-Sean View Post
    You mean how the Ohio State players were allowed to play in the Sugar Bowl this year for the exact same infractions?

Hmm?
    ... they should hold on to their hats and fasten their seatbelts.

The NCAA will give them worse consequences because their violations were more widespread and systemic.

Leave a comment:

• the0rangecrush
    replied
    i'm very happy they got stripped of the title, and i actually loved rooting for bush in college

but rules need to be followed , and favoritism must not be shown
    So a player taking benefits that had no physical effects whatsoever should lead to every other player, coach, and employee losing what they spent countless hours working for. Actions that had no bearing on the game whatsoever should be punished by taking away what happened on the field is stupid

Leave a comment:

• Kno-Sean
    replied
    i'm very happy they got stripped of the title, and i actually loved rooting for bush in college

You mean how the Ohio State players were allowed to play in the Sugar Bowl this year for the exact same infractions?

Hmm?

Leave a comment:

• jcdavey
    replied
    hey , news flash, if you're going to go to college on a scholarship and you're made aware of what is wrong and right to do, so that your college won't suffer a foolish mistake you might make, and you do it anyway, then i have no sympathy for that kid or that school whatsoever

pick better character individuals who will abide by the rules set in place, and if you don't like the current rules, work to change them.

if you don't come from money, and you get a scholarship, learn how to live on what the school does give you, because athletes aren't just left completely high and dry, these guys are breaking rules for things that are not necessities

go to school, get some actual knowledge to fall back on in case you don't make it big enough to "get paid" and don't break the rules

practice some damn restraint, but no, everyone wants MOAR

Leave a comment:

• johnlimburg
    replied
    Originally posted by Alastor View Post
    USC knew what was going on and failed to report it.

They did it, it's not in dispute. They knowingly and willfully violated league rules knowing the potential consequences of their actions.

They made choices. These are their results.
    Yes but in Ohio States case the kids sold Jerseys and stuff of their own to get tattoos. If I were a coach I wouldn't get these kids in trouble for trying to help themselves get by in college. Not all of these guys come from money.

Leave a comment:

• johnlimburg
    replied
    Yeh no doubt USC done the wrong thing and should be punished I suppose however the NCAA is a joke.

I have no love for USC and couldn't care for their individual case of loss however I just think the whole NCAA is a joke.

Leave a comment:

• Alastor
    replied
    USC knew what was going on and failed to report it.

They did it, it's not in dispute. They knowingly and willfully violated league rules knowing the potential consequences of their actions.

They made choices. These are their results.

Leave a comment:

• jcdavey
    replied
    he broke the rules

it's good to see a university punished like this because one would hope it makes them enforce the rules better and go after higher character people.

Leave a comment:

• Bernie24
    replied
    Ridiculous

Bush shouldnt be punished nor should USC AT ALL

He didnt take PED's
    He didnt do anything that helped him earn that trophy

He accepted money. He sold stuff. BIG DEAL.

And then they go and screw over USC players and coaches who had NOTHING AT ALL TO DO with the scandal.

God the NCAA sucks.

Why are major sports NBA NFL NCAA MLB all just so unbelievably stupid? Smh

Leave a comment:

• jcdavey
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X