Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MWC new logo and cool vid

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • MWC new logo and cool vid

    http://www.themwc.com/








    cool... around the 8 or 9 minute mark, they mention fresno state... and some other cool facts... can't wait till a year from now!

  • #2
    Mountain West Conference

    The Mountain West is in the process of losing its three strongest football teams and acquiring the four strongest teams from what is left of the WAC after the previous sixteen team WAC split years ago producing the MWC.

    Could the Big East do that in football? I think not. The Big East will be accepting TCU which may dominate them in football and end up giving them more credibility as a BCS conference.

    The new MWC will feature more different kinds of offenses and defenses and more innovative coaches than any other conference yet it will have no automatic BCS bowl game.

    I hope Gary Patterson gets to a "national championship" game, that Utah does well in the PAC 12 and that BYU tears it up on their independent journey.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

    Comment


    • #3
      When I look at the new MW logo I see a 3-D Enron symbol.

      sigpic
      Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

      Comment


      • #4
        The MWC is an average confrence now. But the road is no longer as easy for Boise like it was in the WAC. I wonder who will become Boises' biggest rival.
        sigpic

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
          The MWC is an average confrence now. But the road is no longer as easy for Boise like it was in the WAC. I wonder who will become Boises' biggest rival.
          Well, it's been Nevada for the last 4 years. Even though Boise has won most of them they've all been close games. It remains to be seen if Nevada can still keep it competitive with Kapernik gone to the NFL.

          I think you may be right in the sense that it won't be as easy, but the fact is, it won't exactly be impossible. Many prognosticators predict Boise has a shot to run the table this year. Their toughest games will be in Georgia to start the year, a game they should win, then a home game with TCU, which I also expect the Broncos to win. There's a chance someone like SDSU or Air Force could upset them, but the odds are in Boise's favor this year. They are returning a lot of starters from last year's squad.
          sigpic
          Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

          Comment


          • #6
            I don't think Nevada is a strong enough program to keep it going after kaepernick.

            Hawaii will probably be able to sustain some of their passing game from last season. I like hawaii. Even after they whooped us last season... lol... but who didn't?


            I think my bulldogs are gonna have a down year, with the tough schedule and new QB. Who knows, really..
            Last edited by 12and4; 06-08-2011, 12:30 PM.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
              The MWC is an average confrence now. But the road is no longer as easy for Boise like it was in the WAC. I wonder who will become Boises' biggest rival.
              TCU is in the Mountain West for one more year.

              Chris Ault is a great innovator. Pistol is superior to other Run & Shoot/Option offenses. Play action takes place with the QB's back to the D wich is more deceptive. The Pistol run game combines Wing-T, Veer, Midline and Spread Option. Don't count Nevada out just because Kaepernick is gone.

              We'll see if Rocky Long can keep it going at San Diego State.

              Troy Calhoun is another great innovator. Watch out for Air Force.

              Pat Hill has run a great program at Fresno for a long time.

              The Mountain West may be average compared to some BCS conferences but it's superior to the Big East IMO.
              "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

              Comment


              • #8
                mountain west is on the up, but it still has a way to go expecially with losing utah and byu.

                edit go CSU RAMS
                Last edited by Kyousukeneko; 06-11-2011, 08:32 PM.
                sigpic
                oakland raders gm
                latavis murray trade bait

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
                  mountain west is on the up, but it still has a way to go expecially with losing utah and byu
                  And TCU next year.

                  MWC is basically the best 4 of the wac plus the worst of the MWC... the worst of the MWC >>> worst of WAC.

                  so its an upgrade from the wac, as far as the wac teams go.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by 12and4 View Post
                    I don't think Nevada is a strong enough program to keep it going after kaepernick.

                    Hawaii will probably be able to sustain some of their passing game from last season. I like hawaii. Even after they whooped us last season... lol... but who didn't?


                    I think my bulldogs are gonna have a down year, with the tough schedule and new QB. Who knows, really..
                    If Hawaii could just keep their homegrown talent they'd be an elite program.
                    sigpic
                    Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
                      When I look at the new MW logo I see a 3-D Enron symbol.





                      sigpic
                      Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
                        If Hawaii could just keep their homegrown talent they'd be an elite program.
                        It just sucks having to travel all the way to hawaii every other year... i was hoping they wouldn't come to MWC for that reason.


                        But I agree, they had a chance to become an elite program a few years ago and they couldn't sustain it...

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by 12and4 View Post
                          It just sucks having to travel all the way to hawaii every other year... i was hoping they wouldn't come to MWC for that reason.


                          But I agree, they had a chance to become an elite program a few years ago and they couldn't sustain it...
                          Recruiting on the island is just too difficult. They would have to have facilities like Oregon to attract kids. It's just not practical for kids to move that far away unless it's too an elite program.

                          It's much easier for schools like Fresno and Boise to recruit kids. Boise is still just a 2 hour flight from SoCal.
                          sigpic
                          Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            TCU will save the Big East from losing their Auto-Bid. i'm almost certain that's why they were invited in the first place lol.

                            so stoked for this season though. it's going to be all new, so there will be unexpected things to look forward to and new challenges to rise up against.

                            the only sad thing is that TCU, Utah and BYU had to bail out. But do you blame Utah and TCU? i kind of don't but i have my opinions on which team is the better of three out of TCU, Utah and us (obviously).

                            anyway i can't wait for the season to start. at least we'll have college ball since there isn't likely to be any NFL season worth watching if they have one at all.
                            sigpic

                            DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Yea the Mountain West is definitely on the up! Sadly, my beloved Rebels are not....

                              At least we are still the best (or one of the best) in Basketball every year!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X