Last year never happened for OSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last year never happened for OSU

Ohio St. is punishing themselves by wiping out the records of the 2010 season, as reported on twitter and ESPN.

As a Michigan fan, everything that happens to OSU just gives me fuel for my friends that are OSU fans.

As a fan of football and sports, I'm getting annoyed by the news coming out of this.
    sigpic
    Adopted Broncos:
    EmmanuelSanders

OSU will be down for sure this year and maybe next. Being a Nebraska fan/Native it will be interesting to see how this brand new world will look like for them and the Big 10. Championship game and divisions now, it will be crazy for sure. I know one thing it will be nice being out from under Texasses controlling thumb now! The Whorns and their 9 Little Sisters can have each other, you DESERV IT!!! They wont be a Big 12 for too many more years anyway.

How good you think Michagan will be this year?

Most importantly, whos faster, Dennard Robinson OR Taylor Martinez?
    sigpicoh YEAH?

Comment

Originally posted by Axemaster View Post
      OSU will be down for sure this year and maybe next. Being a Nebraska fan/Native it will be interesting to see how this brand new world will look like for them and the Big 10. Championship game and divisions now, it will be crazy for sure. I know one thing it will be nice being out from under Texasses controlling thumb now! The Whorns and their 9 Little Sisters can have each other, you DESERV IT!!! They wont be a Big 12 for too many more years anyway.

Michigan will bomb as will OSU. And both Robinson and Martinez are garbage imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Amari24 View Post
        Michigan will bomb as will OSU. And both Robinson and Martinez are garbage imo.
        I don't know, I wouldn't throw Michigan out the window yet. There defense is a weakness, but it's moving up with Hoke, and a new scheme on both sides of the ball, anything can happen with them. However, they wont win the big ten nor win a bowl game, but they will still get a winning record and make it to a bowl.

As for OSU, they might be done for a while. They wont be able to get bit name recruits for a while, and there is no QB, plus the players that are suspended, a new coach, and still possible more punishments.

As history shows, when OSU movies to a new coach after having a very successful one, they decline in there first few seasons.

IMO, OSU will only win 5-6 games.
        sigpic
        Adopted Broncos:
        EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Originally posted by Axemaster View Post

Like I said with Amari, it's up in the sky on what Michigan can and will do. We already know there offense is gonna score, but the question mark is the defense, can the new scheme and new coaches help it out? Maybe, maybe not. The new D.Coord is the former Ravens D.Coord from last year, if he can do what he did with the Ravens for Michigan, then there will be a major improvement on defense, but still not enough to top Wisconsin this season.

Shoelace is faster, and a better QB. He could be a even better QB if he learns how to read defenses, and jump to running.
          sigpic
          Adopted Broncos:
          EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Brady Hoke ...

... took over a San Diego State team that was 2-10 in 2008 and doubled the wins in 2009 including two close conference losses at the end of the season.

SDSU went 9-4 under Hoke in 2010 including a 3 point loss at Missouri, a 3 point loss at BYU, and a four point loss at Utah. San Diego State lost at TCU by 5.

For those in the Big Ten who may not know, BYU, Utah and TCU were the three best football teams in the Mountain West. Utah has joined the Pac 12; BYU is going Independent and TCU is joining the Big East in 2012. Missouri is Big XII.

Brady Hoke succeeded in taking his OC, Al Borges, with him to Michigan. Unable to persuade Rocky Long to leave San Diego (Where he is the new HC), Hoke hired Greg Mattison who was DC for the Baltimore Ravens the past three seasons.

Michigan will be better than their 7-6 record in 2011 ... maybe.
            "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

The sad part is this was all self-imposed, but when the NCAA brings down the hammer dear god it will be awful.
              What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
              I don't know and I don't care

Comment

Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
                The sad part is this was all self-imposed, but when the NCAA brings down the hammer dear god it will be awful.
                I agree, and by the looks of it, the NCAA is not playing around, and is taking every little thing seriously.

Not a single school is safe, and there is a chance that Florida is next, in which if it is, questions would fly on why Urban really left and the blame would be that of Chowder's.
                sigpic
                Adopted Broncos:
                EmmanuelSanders

Comment

What happened at OSU happens everywhere but is simply overlooked.

Ohio State got what they got because of what they ARE more then what they DID, because this kind of crap happens at nearly every University across America, period.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
                    I agree, and by the looks of it, the NCAA is not playing around, and is taking every little thing seriously.

Not a single school is safe, and there is a chance that Florida is next, in which if it is, questions would fly on why Urban really left and the blame would be that of Chowder's.
                    They won't get the death penalty, but I think it will be really close to it and a lot worse than USC. Its a shame really the system is broken, and every school has infractions yet they want to sound surprised when one gets caught SMH

Comment

Originally posted by thatkidhunt View Post
                      What happened at OSU happens everywhere but is simply overlooked.

Ohio State got what they got because of what they ARE more then what they DID, because this kind of crap happens at nearly every University across America, period.
                      Exactly and when the NCAA continues to let guys like kiffin stay coaching its just sad

Comment

What losers. No self-imposed scholarship restricitons at all? Everyone else who makes any mistake loses scholarships and you think that what you did doesn't warrant any real discipline? Taking away past wins doesn't matter at all.

I hope the NCAA comes down on them even harder just because of this pathetic self-imposed discipline.
                        sigpic
                        Sig by Blondie79

Comment

What I want to know is why the NCAA even allows self-imposed disciplinary actions. That's like if I robbed someone and got to choose how long my sentence would be. Ridiculous, they should be ineligible for bowl games for at least two years, and some of their scholarships should be down the drain. I'll laugh if the NCAA grants them their imposed terms.

Comment

Originally posted by Amari24 View Post
                            What I want to know is why the NCAA even allows self-imposed disciplinary actions. That's like if I robbed someone and got to choose how long my sentence would be. Ridiculous, they should be ineligible for bowl games for at least two years, and some of their scholarships should be down the drain. I'll laugh if the NCAA grants them their imposed terms.
                            What's going to happen to my understanding is that, the NCAA will compound their punishment onto the self-imposed sanctions. This isn't the end of this by a long shot

Comment

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
                              Like I said with Amari, it's up in the sky on what Michigan can and will do. We already know there offense is gonna score, but the question mark is the defense, can the new scheme and new coaches help it out? Maybe, maybe not. The new D.Coord is the former Ravens D.Coord from last year, if he can do what he did with the Ravens for Michigan, then there will be a major improvement on defense, but still not enough to top Wisconsin this season.

Shoelace is faster, and a better QB. He could be a even better QB if he learns how to read defenses, and jump to running.
                              You take what you said about Michigan and reverse it and you have Nebraska. The Defense will be one of the better in the Country, but will that Offense be the one frome the first 6 games of last season , or that one from the last 6!

I know if Martinez has his speed like he did before his injury that will be a BIG threat!
                              sigpicoh YEAH?

Comment

Working...
                              X