X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • InsaneBlaze23
    The ArchAngel
    • Jan 2009

To add this, ESPN is filing a lawsuit against OSU.
    sigpic
    Adopted Broncos:
    EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• CoryWinget81
      five thousand, 800 and uh
      • Dec 2006

Originally posted by thatkidhunt View Post
      What happened at OSU happens everywhere but is simply overlooked.

Ohio State got what they got because of what they ARE more then what they DID, because this kind of crap happens at nearly every University across America, period.
      No, it doesn't happen every where. It's funny how OSU fans were calling Auburn cheaters and this and that, but it happens to you guys and "ohh, it happens everywhere".

They're getting punished because the coverup is worse than the crime. That and OSU and Tressel, along with Radar Pryor thought they were untouchable.

They deserve everything they are getting.
      sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

• Amari24
        Starter
        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
        No, it doesn't happen every where. It's funny how OSU fans were calling Auburn cheaters and this and that, but it happens to you guys and "ohh, it happens everywhere".

They're getting punished because the coverup is worse than the crime. That and OSU and Tressel, along with Radar Pryor thought they were untouchable.

Very well said. I'll CP when I get the chance.

The fact that OSU even thought that wiping last season's records would be a sufficient punishment, shows that they think they're better than everyone and are above everyone. Pryor avoiding his senior year at the last minute kind of proves that as well...

Comment

• thatkidhunt
          All-Pro
          • Aug 2007

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post

Originally posted by Amari24 View Post
          Very well said. I'll CP when I get the chance.

The fact that OSU even thought that wiping last season's records would be a sufficient punishment, shows that they think they're better than everyone and are above everyone. Pryor avoiding his senior year at the last minute kind of proves that as well...
          This happens everywhere, guys, dont be so naive.......
          sigpic

Comment

• baphamet
            Family Trust Beer
            • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Axemaster View Post
            You take what you said about Michigan and reverse it and you have Nebraska. The Defense will be one of the better in the Country, but will that Offense be the one frome the first 6 games of last season , or that one from the last 6!

I know if Martinez has his speed like he did before his injury that will be a BIG threat!
            yeah, he definitely has potential to be great, but he also has his issues other than the injury as well.

i sometimes doubt he has the heart and he looks like a deer in headlights when is under pressure and the hole he is supposed to run in gets clogged.

its understandable since he was just a freshmen but i really do hope he improves dramatically in some of those areas along with getting healthier.

because if he does he is going to be a huge threat to any defense i think.

Comment

• Amari24
              Starter
              • Jan 2010

This happens everywhere, guys, dont be so naive.......
              That doesn't justify what OSU did.

Would it be OK for OSU to steal people's things since it happens everywhere?

It doesn't matter if it happens everywhere, the point of the matter is, OSU did it, they got caught, and they have to pay the price.

Comment

• thatkidhunt
                All-Pro
                • Aug 2007

It doesn't matter if it happens everywhere, the point of the matter is, OSU did it, they got caught, and they have to pay the price.
                Agreed, all I am saying is that the story is bigger then it needs to be simply because its Ohio State, and that is fact.

If you think that players aren't selling their stuff like this everywhere in order to make a profit, that Colleges don't pay players under the table and so on and so forth, look at North Carolina............NOBODY CARES.

If some player from Clemson trades some memorabila for some tattoos, nobody gives a crap, period.

People love to hate Ohio State, and schools that are among the elite like USC or Ohio State are under a much bigger microscope then other schools where this kind of stuff is just swept under the rug and isn't even a story......
                sigpic

Comment

• baphamet
                  Family Trust Beer
                  • Nov 2006

i agree with you, using steroid use is another good example.

every team has players using steroids, doesn't mean its okay when someone gets caught.

Comment

• baphamet
                    Family Trust Beer
                    • Nov 2006

Agreed, all I am saying is that the story is bigger then it needs to be simply because its Ohio State, and that is fact.

If you think that players aren't selling their stuff like this everywhere in order to make a profit, that Colleges don't pay players under the table and so on and so forth, look at North Carolina............NOBODY CARES.

If some player from Clemson trades some memorabila for some tattoos, nobody gives a crap, period.

People love to hate Ohio State, and schools that are among the elite like USC or Ohio State are under a much bigger microscope then other schools where this kind of stuff is just swept under the rug and isn't even a story......
                    i agree with you too and there is a reason for it. who do you think blows these stories open? the media.

the schools who are "under a bigger microscope" are the ones most likely to get caught doing things they are not supposed to be doing because people in general just don't care if you are a small school.

Comment

• Spice 1
                      Football Immortal
                      • Sep 2004

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post

Shoelace is faster, and a better QB. He could be a even better QB if he learns how to read defenses, and jump to running.
                      I don't think Robinson was the best quarterback on Michigan's roster last year. He just happened to be better suited for Rodriguez's Mickey Mouse offense. I knew that crap wouldn't work in the big ten. Carr (a$$hat or not) was a great coach. I knew once he left, it would lead to bad things for Michigan. I think they are much better off this year, and are well on their way to being a force in the Big 10 again.

Comment

• InsaneBlaze23
                        The ArchAngel
                        • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
                        I don't think Robinson was the best quarterback on Michigan's roster last year. He just happened to be better suited for Rodriguez's Mickey Mouse offense. I knew that crap wouldn't work in the big ten. Carr (a$$hat or not) was a great coach. I knew once he left, it would lead to bad things for Michigan. I think they are much better off this year, and are well on their way to being a force in the Big 10 again.
                        Actually I agree with you. Robinson is not the best QB on the team, just the best for Rod's offense. Hoke has made it clear that Robinson will be the starter, but he wants him to pass the ball more.

I think Devin Gardner is better fit for Hoke's offense. Rich Rod really hurt Michigan in the QB and defense area, but you may think they can be a force this year, I still think Wisconsin and Nebraska are the top 2 and one of them will win the Big Ten.
                        sigpic
                        Adopted Broncos:
                        EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• Spice 1
                          Football Immortal
                          • Sep 2004

Actually I agree with you. Robinson is not the best QB on the team, just the best for Rod's offense. Hoke has made it clear that Robinson will be the starter, but he wants him to pass the ball more.

I think Devin Gardner is better fit for Hoke's offense. Rich Rod really hurt Michigan in the QB and defense area, but you may think they can be a force this year, I still think Wisconsin and Nebraska are the top 2 and one of them will win the Big Ten.
                          Yeah, they have to be the fav's at this point, but I wouldn't be too surprised if Michigan pulled an upset over Nebraska.

Comment

• RedRaptor
                            Special Teams
                            • Mar 2008

Don't count Iowa out. They seem to do their best when under the radar!

Comment

Working...
                            X