Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No Lockout in Tampa!!! 7-8 year olds rocking it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Lockout in Tampa!!! 7-8 year olds rocking it!

Hey, the Bears of Tampa are 2-0 already. We have had two scrimmages and won one 25-19 and another 6-0. My boy is playing noseguard and fullback. Loving every minute of it. Instead of getting more wrapped up into the Tebow and Orton arguement I am going to concentrate on the Tampa Bears and my job as offensive coordinator! I"ll post the video from yesterdays scrimmage when I figure out how. Its not over exciting if your kid isnt out there but Its got great music and I will highlight the big plays!!

Originally posted by TampaTebow1! View Post
    Hey, the Bears of Tampa are 2-0 already. We have had two scrimmages and won one 25-19 and another 6-0. My boy is playing noseguard and fullback. Loving every minute of it. Instead of getting more wrapped up into the Tebow and Orton arguement I am going to concentrate on the Tampa Bears and my job as offensive coordinator! I"ll post the video from yesterdays scrimmage when I figure out how. Its not over exciting if your kid isnt out there but Its got great music and I will highlight the big plays!!
    What offense do you run, coach?
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Single wing chicken finger.
      sigpic
      2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

Single Wing Chicken Finger!! LOL!!

First of all that's funny. It's funny because my saying when kids mess up is don't worry it aint no thing but a chicken wing... and everyone is in love with the single wing down here from 7-8 year olds to high school.

I personally hate the single wing I think its easy to defend. I went with a wishbone. I have a fullback my son who is 88 pounds in a 95 pound weight limit league not overly fast but not slow and will pop you, then two burners as RB's to his left and right. My one on the left is left handed... My qb is fast and can't throw to save his life...

So we start my boy or the other two backs with dive plays... we then sweep it, go back to the dive and then get the QB outside on qb keepers faking it to my son up the gut first.. We have scored 25 points and every time we touched it the first game and 6 points yesterday. Yesterday we had a 88 yard TD reception, The reception comes from trips...

I throw my two backs and T.E. all out to the right and throw a screen to the T.E., then I bring the burners in motion and he gets a carry, I call it the trip right JET play.. then we fake the hand off and throw it to the left handed kid and he is gone!!!! I want to use the trips like 6 times a game and the wishbone for the other half. My son loves fullback his first time not being a dlineman. He was named fullback by the headcoach not me. I didn't want to do it because parents are crazy and all want their kid to be qb and rb and I didnt want to hear daddy ball, but the head guy is 50 something, coaches for the hell of it and has no kid on the team. So that eliminates that... we practice 5 days a week for the last three weeks.. Pretty intense stuff in the FL heat... My boy has a jammed thumb and bruises all over his arms, football is a mans game, even when young boys are playing it!

Comment

Originally posted by TampaTebow1! View Post
          First of all that's funny. It's funny because my saying when kids mess up is don't worry it aint no thing but a chicken wing... and everyone is in love with the single wing down here from 7-8 year olds to high school.

I personally hate the single wing I think its easy to defend. I went with a wishbone. I have a fullback my son who is 88 pounds in a 95 pound weight limit league not overly fast but not slow and will pop you, then two burners as RB's to his left and right. My one on the left is left handed... My qb is fast and can't throw to save his life...

So we start my boy or the other two backs with dive plays... we then sweep it, go back to the dive and then get the QB outside on qb keepers faking it to my son up the gut first.. We have scored 25 points and every time we touched it the first game and 6 points yesterday. Yesterday we had a 88 yard TD reception, The reception comes from trips...

I throw my two backs and T.E. all out to the right and throw a screen to the T.E., then I bring the burners in motion and he gets a carry, I call it the trip right JET play.. then we fake the hand off and throw it to the left handed kid and he is gone!!!! I want to use the trips like 6 times a game and the wishbone for the other half. My son loves fullback his first time not being a dlineman. He was named fullback by the headcoach not me. I didn't want to do it because parents are crazy and all want their kid to be qb and rb and I didnt want to hear daddy ball, but the head guy is 50 something, coaches for the hell of it and has no kid on the team. So that eliminates that... we practice 5 days a week for the last three weeks.. Pretty intense stuff in the FL heat... My boy has a jammed thumb and bruises all over his arms, football is a mans game, even when young boys are playing it!
          My little brothers team won the 8-10 year old championship using the play from the Replacements... The Quarterback was walking latterally towards the coach yelling what's the play? and the coach was yelling back. Center snapped it to my brother with all the confusion on D and my brother ran it in from the 50 yard line with 20 seconds left on the clock in a tied score. The d hadn't realized what happened until my brother was past their deep safety. Probably the funniest thing I'd seen in a long time.
          sigpic
          2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

I love it... I thought about something like that, my qb is a smart good kid, he is always fixing the line and doing all that stuff, why not just snap it to my Fullback while he is walking around... I am going to save it for the playoffs, but yes I like a variation of it. I hate sweeps, pitches, shotguns, anything that can cause a unnecesary turnover at this young age

Comment

Originally posted by JakeNbake View Post
              My little brothers team won the 8-10 year old championship using the play from the Replacements... The Quarterback was walking latterally towards the coach yelling what's the play? and the coach was yelling back. Center snapped it to my brother with all the confusion on D and my brother ran it in from the 50 yard line with 20 seconds left on the clock in a tied score. The d hadn't realized what happened until my brother was past their deep safety. Probably the funniest thing I'd seen in a long time.
              My team used to do the same thing but the QB(me) would just run a fly pattern and it would always be wide open.

Comment

Working...
              X