Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Difference between college and NFL Ball.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Difference between college and NFL Ball.

I know there are some differences between to style of games.

1.One foot in bounds for a catch.
    2. No two minute warnings
    3. Hash marks
    4. Size of football
    5. OT rules

Are there any I am forgetting? What rules would you like to see adapted by the NFL.
    Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
    sigpic

I think the starting point for kickoffs is different.
    They don't sell alcoholic beverages at college games but they do at NFL Games.

NFL: Defensive pass interference penalty is always 15 yards from the spot of the foul.
    College: Defensive pass interference penalty is always a 15 yards (or 1/2 the distance to the goal line or to the 1-yard line) and automatic 1st down.

NFL: If you catch the ball and fall or make contact with the ground, you are not considered down and still able to get up and run until tackled or touched while getting up by the opposing team

College: if your knee or elbow hits the ground you are considered down and the play is over, regardless if you are touched or not (I hate this rule, so stupid and needs to be changed)
    Super Bowl XXXII, XXXIII & 50 Champs

Comment

i would like to see college adapt rules from the NFL, like a playoff system for example. i absolutely despise the college bowl system, BCS or not.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
        i would like to see college adapt rules from the NFL, like a playoff system for example. i absolutely despise the college bowl system, BCS or not.
        I agree 100%.
        Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Safety View Post
          I think the starting point for kickoffs is different.
          They don't sell alcoholic beverages at college games but they do at NFL Games.

NFL: Defensive pass interference penalty is always 15 yards from the spot of the foul.
          College: Defensive pass interference penalty is always a 15 yards (or 1/2 the distance to the goal line or to the 1-yard line) and automatic 1st down.

NFL: If you catch the ball and fall or make contact with the ground, you are not considered down and still able to get up and run until tackled or touched while getting up by the opposing team

College: if your knee or elbow hits the ground you are considered down and the play is over, regardless if you are touched or not (I hate this rule, so stupid and needs to be changed)
          well they just changed the kickoff rule in the NFL and it's very dumb. they need to move it back ASAP. there are going to be so many touchbacks now.

also i think some colleges or venues sell alcohol (could be wrong). i know BSU had a "beer tent" area outside the stadium one year. but that's about it.
          sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

Originally posted by RealBronco View Post
            well they just changed the kickoff rule in the NFL and it's very dumb. they need to move it back ASAP. there are going to be so many touchbacks now.

also i think some colleges or venues sell alcohol (could be wrong). i know BSU had a "beer tent" area outside the stadium one year. but that's about it.
            Here at CSU we sell beer at games.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
              Here at CSU we sell beer at games.
              inside the stadium? how does the NCAA allow that?
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                inside the stadium? how does the NCAA allow that?
                Idk I just know I can buy a beer through half time. But one beer per person.
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X