X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spice 1
    replied
    Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    I honestly don't remember. I believe they were top ten. I know Boise was ranked, and Oregon was ranked higher.

That was the last year Massoli was there. It was only two years ago, so it's a bit of a stretch to say it was before they were good. I believe they played in the Rose Bowl that year.
    Yep. They played OSU, and gave them a pretty good game. So, as much as it pains me to say it, that was a good win for Boise. That Oregon team was projected way high before the season started, and Boise destroyed them. That was also the game where Blount scored a first round TKO on Boise's defensive end.

Leave a comment:

• Al Wilson 4 Mayor
    replied
    Originally posted by SoundsOfSuccess View Post
    That was before Oregon got good, really.

At the time, they were ranked in the teens, correct me if I'm wrong.
    I honestly don't remember. I believe they were top ten. I know Boise was ranked, and Oregon was ranked higher.

That was the last year Massoli was there. It was only two years ago, so it's a bit of a stretch to say it was before they were good. I believe they played in the Rose Bowl that year.

Leave a comment:

• SoundsOfSuccess
    replied
    Oregon played there two years ago and got spanked.
    That was before Oregon got good, really.

At the time, they were ranked in the teens, correct me if I'm wrong.

Leave a comment:

• Al Wilson 4 Mayor
    replied
    Originally posted by baphamet View Post
    answer me this.....what is the biggest powerhouse to play in Boise's stadium? maybe it is just me but i cant see schools like Texas, Oklahoma, USC, Stanford and Oregon going to Boise and playing in front of only 34k people.
    Oregon played there two years ago and got spanked.

Leave a comment:

• Garywolf001
    replied
    Originally posted by Jay3 View Post
    Aaah, that's not really the case. Just a lot of good talent beds and football is very important down here.
    Sure, but where would that "talent bed" be if those kids didn't have the oportunitues is the point. I'm sure there are tons of kids in say South Dakota who would be amazing football players, but there "talent bed" has them in the mines. The south is just set up to find those kids that could play and develope them into stars. Other places don't, and that's why the SEC will allways be a strong top division.

Leave a comment:

• Jay3
    replied
    Originally posted by Garywolf001 View Post
    I agree a playoff system would be better than the BCS system, but you would still see SEC teams winning year in and out because the players don't start in High School, they start in Kindergarden, and I don't mean Pee Wee here's the ball go run around and look cute, I mean grind house this is your position and these are your plays and learn these reads football in kindergarden.
    I'm not saying this is good for the kids by any means. Just that this is why the SEC and other divisions like them are as strong and have so many star players, they are breed to be LOL!
    Aaah, that's not really the case. Just a lot of good talent beds and football is very important down here.

Leave a comment:

• Jay3
    replied
    I luv to see the Dawgs lose. They are so arrogant. Somebody told them one time that they were Alabama and that Vince Dooley was Bear Bryant. They get these recruiting classes every year and think they should just be good by default.

They had a losing record last year, and actually thought they should beat Boise State.

The thing is, they might be an all right team this year. But I don't see how they could be surprised by that loss.

Leave a comment:

• Spice 1
    replied
    I wish they would install some kind of playoff. Anything that would get Boise fans to chill out would be alright by me. BTW: Great win for Boise last night. I watched the game, and they really dominated. Hopefully for them, Georgia doesn't pull a VT. Georgia didn't look very good, injuries or not. We'll see.

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    answer me this.....what is the biggest powerhouse to play in Boise's stadium? maybe it is just me but i cant see schools like Texas, Oklahoma, USC, Stanford and Oregon going to Boise and playing in front of only 34k people.

Leave a comment:

• Garywolf001
    replied
    Not all the SEC strength is in the recruiting, I only know of a few High Schools in Alabama as big as the average High Schools in Colorado, but even them the coaches at most of the High Schools here could coach at the college level easily, and some could probably be coordinators in the NFL, ever notice all these football camps players go to are in the south? Summer football camp in the south is just as common as the boy scouts if not more so.
    I agree a playoff system would be better than the BCS system, but you would still see SEC teams winning year in and out because the players don't start in High School, they start in Kindergarden, and I don't mean Pee Wee here's the ball go run around and look cute, I mean grind house this is your position and these are your plays and learn these reads football in kindergarden.
    I'm not saying this is good for the kids by any means. Just that this is why the SEC and other divisions like them are as strong and have so many star players, they are breed to be LOL!

Leave a comment:

• Nomad Broncofan
    replied
    Firstly, congrats to Boise St for beating Georgia (an SEC team). You played with the big boys and won. Now it's to see how good Georgia is.

Baph and SoundofSuccess, you both are correct. Boise St will never get recognized until they move to a BCS power conference and Pac 12 is really the only realistical move. The Broncos played in the WAC and now a depleted MWC, they definitely won't hold water with quality wins. I understand it's the schedule they're dealt and they can't do anything about their conference which a playoff would be the only solution.

From what I understand the Pac 12 not calling has to do with more of the academics side of Boise St and not the sports side of things. And SEC and Big 10 is not going to happen because of geography and possibly the academics side as well. An interested thing I read on ESPN ticker was Texas, OU, OKST, and some other team was/is/thinking about moving to the Pac 12, so good bye Big 12 if that happens.

Leave a comment:

• SoundsOfSuccess
    replied
    1. I agree 100%, a playoff is a must to keep fairness in the sport.

2. I read that Boise would improve in a move to the Pac-12 because they would start recruiting here. I work part-time at a very good high school program in Southern California. Chris Peterson has visited our school twice this year, both times during offseason workouts, and most schools in this region say Peterson visits them on a regular basis. Yes, he actually visits. Not scouts, not recruiters, Chris Peterson personally comes to visit. They already use California as a major pipeline state.

3. Of these teams, I see at least 2 losses, likely 3, if Boise St. were to move to the Pac12--
    Oregon
    Stanford
    USC
    Arizona
    Arizona St.
    Utah
    Washington

4. What ticks me off most about the entire situation is that they are disrespected and people don't give them credit for being a talented football team, but they don't do anything to prove themselves. If they played in the Pac or Big 10, they would get national recognition if their record turned over. They would absolutely get a NC bid if they went undefeated in either of these conferences, and its likely both conferences would be a call away from joining. They would probably need to find a partner to join the Pac, but the Pac would take them. The Big 10 would take them 5 seconds into the phone call. They have the opportunity to be recognized as one of the big boys, but they'd rather pretend to be a big boy and knock the crap out of the little kids.

I have nothing against Boise St., but its plainly obvious to any knowledgable NCAA football fan, it is not fair for teams like Alabama, who beat multiple top ranked teams a season, to be put in the same category as Boise St., who usually plays one seocnd tier opponent a year. This year Georgia, last year Va Tech.

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    That's a fair argument baph, but don't you think if the PAC 10 or even the Big 12 for that matter came calling that Boise wouldn't jump at the chance.
    90% of Boise fans understand the schedule we have. I will explain later why I think Boise fans are so vocal about our love affair with our "giant killers".
    well, from the surface i think a lot of it has to do with being in a very small market as well as the fact that your stadium only holds like 34k people.

i don't think Boise benefits any of the super conferences if they join it, from a business standpoint.

so yeah, it kind of sucks for you fans that your team cannot be tested like all the other top schools and it is held against you.

all the more reason to have a playoff IMO

Leave a comment:

• Al Wilson 4 Mayor
    replied
    Originally posted by baphamet View Post
    i think you Boise fans need to realize that it is rather disheartening to see a school play one or possibly two games a year that you could consider quality opponents then expect to play for a national championship.

that is the only reason Boise gets hated on and rightfully so. you guys might be a worthy team for playing in the national championship but think about the other teams that also go undefeated or lose one game that have a far harder road to get there.

is that really fair?

i know its not really your fault because you are just taking care of the teams In front of you but i just think if Boise wants to be serious about being a national power house, they need to be in a power house conference.

they need to get with the trend and join one of the super conferences if they ever want to be taken seriously.

until then they will never get the respect you guys feel they deserve.

That's a fair argument baph, but don't you think if the PAC 10 or even the Big 12 for that matter came calling that Boise wouldn't jump at the chance.

90% of Boise fans understand the schedule we have. I will explain later why I think Boise fans are so vocal about our love affair with our "giant killers".

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    i think you Boise fans need to realize that it is rather disheartening to see a school play one or possibly two games a year that you could consider quality opponents then expect to play for a national championship.

that is the only reason Boise gets hated on and rightfully so. you guys might be a worthy team for playing in the national championship but think about the other teams that also go undefeated or lose one game that have a far harder road to get there.

is that really fair?

i know its not really your fault because you are just taking care of the teams In front of you but i just think if Boise wants to be serious about being a national power house, they need to be in a power house conference.

they need to get with the trend and join one of the super conferences if they ever want to be taken seriously.

until then they will never get the respect you guys feel they deserve.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X