Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The NCAA can go pack sand.....

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Oregon played there two years ago and got spanked.
    is that it? no other big schools? thats kind of my point. that might be why they are not in a big conference because of the stadium and market they play in.

    i know Boise has been a good team lately, i am not questioning that. just the amount of times they get tested vs the other good teams.

    bottom line is if they want the respect and want to be able to control their own destiny in regards to the national championship, they need to try and get in a better conference somehow.

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by baphamet View Post
      is that it? no other big schools? thats kind of my point. that might be why they are not in a big conference because of the stadium and market they play in.

      i know Boise has been a good team lately, i am not questioning that. just the amount of times they get tested vs the other good teams.

      bottom line is if they want the respect and want to be able to control their own destiny in regards to the national championship, they need to try and get in a better conference somehow.
      There's no debating that....when we get PAC 10 schools to play here it's usually a 1 and 1 scenario. It's not easy to get good schools to come to Boise. It's too risky for them. Why would they want to come to Boise for a small cash incentive to get beat by a non BCS school?

      Like I said before, if Boise had good offers they would take one. The Mountain West is the best offer they got. They wouldn't think twice about it if the PAC 10 or the Big 12 gave an invite.
      sigpic
      Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by SoundsOfSuccess View Post
        1. I agree 100%, a playoff is a must to keep fairness in the sport.

        2. I read that Boise would improve in a move to the Pac-12 because they would start recruiting here. I work part-time at a very good high school program in Southern California. Chris Peterson has visited our school twice this year, both times during offseason workouts, and most schools in this region say Peterson visits them on a regular basis. Yes, he actually visits. Not scouts, not recruiters, Chris Peterson personally comes to visit. They already use California as a major pipeline state.

        3. Of these teams, I see at least 2 losses, likely 3, if Boise St. were to move to the Pac12--
        Oregon
        Stanford
        USC
        Arizona
        Arizona St.
        Utah
        Washington

        4. What ticks me off most about the entire situation is that they are disrespected and people don't give them credit for being a talented football team, but they don't do anything to prove themselves. If they played in the Pac or Big 10, they would get national recognition if their record turned over. They would absolutely get a NC bid if they went undefeated in either of these conferences, and its likely both conferences would be a call away from joining. They would probably need to find a partner to join the Pac, but the Pac would take them. The Big 10 would take them 5 seconds into the phone call. They have the opportunity to be recognized as one of the big boys, but they'd rather pretend to be a big boy and knock the crap out of the little kids.

        I have nothing against Boise St., but its plainly obvious to any knowledgable NCAA football fan, it is not fair for teams like Alabama, who beat multiple top ranked teams a season, to be put in the same category as Boise St., who usually plays one seocnd tier opponent a year. This year Georgia, last year Va Tech.
        I don't think three of those teams would beat Boise. Boise is as good as anybody in the PAC 10 right now....anyway, that's all speculative, but there's a reason they're ranked #4.

        As far as the conferences go, you're dead wrong. Boise would jump at the opportunity to play in the Big 10 or the Pac 10 or the Big 12. Those conferences won't invite them.

        Can you really see a 33k stadium in the Big 10? It would never happen.

        The smallest stadium in the Pac 10 is the one in Corvallis and it seats 45k. That's why Boise has aggressive plans to expand the stadium.

        Realistically Boise is 5 years away from any kind of a major conference invite.
        sigpic
        Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
          There's no debating that....when we get PAC 10 schools to play here it's usually a 1 and 1 scenario. It's not easy to get good schools to come to Boise. It's too risky for them. Why would they want to come to Boise for a small cash incentive to get beat by a non BCS school?

          Like I said before, if Boise had good offers they would take one. The Mountain West is the best offer they got. They wouldn't think twice about it if the PAC 10 or the Big 12 gave an invite.
          sure, in non conference games teams don't want to play Boise because usually they are looking for easier wins to get their team ready for conference play.

          my point is (sorry i haven't explained it better previously) is if Boise joined the PAC 12(for example), those schools would have to go to their(Boise) small market and small 34k capacity stadium to play.

          i think that is a big reason why the larger bcs conferences don't look at Boise as an attractive candidate to join their conference.

          i don't expect many schools to want to play Boise in non conference games, it doesn't make sense for them financially and they don't want to risk an early season loss before conference play.

          Boise needs those out of conference quality opponents far more than any of the school's in those bigger conferences do.

          it sucks for Boise and their fans but unless you guys can somehow get into a super conference, its always going to be this way.

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by baphamet View Post
            sure, in non conference games teams don't want to play Boise because usually they are looking for easier wins to get their team ready for conference play.

            my point is (sorry i haven't explained it better previously) is if Boise joined the PAC 12(for example), those schools would have to go to their(Boise) small market and small 34k capacity stadium to play.

            i think that is a big reason why the larger bcs conferences don't look at Boise as an attractive candidate to join their conference.

            i don't expect many schools to want to play Boise in non conference games, it doesn't make sense for them financially and they don't want to risk an early season loss before conference play.

            Boise needs those out of conference quality opponents far more than any of the school's in those bigger conferences do.

            it sucks for Boise and their fans but unless you guys can somehow get into a super conference, its always going to be this way.
            I think you missed my above post where I addressed this very topic. Essentially, I agree with you. Boise State is doing what they can to address it. We have aggressive stadium expansion plans.
            sigpic
            Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
              I think you missed my above post where I addressed this very topic. Essentially, I agree with you. Boise State is doing what they can to address it. We have aggressive stadium expansion plans.
              right on, i hope it works out for you guys. you can no longer say Boise is just a flash in the pan, they are a legit program right now and its a shame that they cant get into a more competitive conference.

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                right on, i hope it works out for you guys. you can no longer say Boise is just a flash in the pan, they are a legit program right now and its a shame that they cant get into a more competitive conference.
                The school president and Peterson are well aware of it. The aggressive expansion is one of the reasons Peterson stayed. If I remember correctly he could have had the Stanford job this last year, but when the interview process was going on he stated that he wanted to know what the future plans were for expansion.

                Bronco nation will pony up to keep Peterson as much as they will to see an expanded stadium in hopes of moving. I think once they get the stadium to 45k then the move to a bigger conference will be around the corner. That might not be Big Ten or SEC material, but it would be on par with numerous stadiums in the Big 12, the ACC, the Big East, and the Pac 10.

                The initial stadium plan is to lower the field and bring the seats closer. They are also going to add a new sports complex between the stadium and the river (recruiting purposes), and then phase 2 will be to complete the north end zone like the south end zone is done.
                sigpic
                Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
                  The school president and Peterson are well aware of it. The aggressive expansion is one of the reasons Peterson stayed. If I remember correctly he could have had the Stanford job this last year, but when the interview process was going on he stated that he wanted to know what the future plans were for expansion.

                  Bronco nation will pony up to keep Peterson as much as they will to see an expanded stadium in hopes of moving. I think once they get the stadium to 45k then the move to a bigger conference will be around the corner. That might not be Big Ten or SEC material, but it would be on par with numerous stadiums in the Big 12, the ACC, the Big East, and the Pac 10.
                  The initial stadium plan is to lower the field and bring the seats closer. They are also going to add a new sports complex between the stadium and the river (recruiting purposes), and then phase 2 will be to complete the north end zone like the south end zone is done.
                  yeah, that is about what Oregon st.'s stadium holds if i am not mistaken. Boise's best bet is the PAC 12 anyways, they need to hurry though because if Texas and Oklahoma joins that doesn't leave a lot of room for Boise.

                  that said, there is going to be a 4th super conference that will emerge in the next couple years.

                  at first i thought it would be the big 12 but if Texas and Oklahoma leave for the PAC 12 that likely ain't gonna happen.

                  so even if Boise cant get into the PAC 12 there will likely be another opportunity to join another super conference.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                    yeah, that is about what Oregon st.'s stadium holds if i am not mistaken. Boise's best bet is the PAC 12 anyways, they need to hurry though because if Texas and Oklahoma joins that doesn't leave a lot of room for Boise.

                    that said, there is going to be a 4th super conference that will emerge in the next couple years.

                    at first i thought it would be the big 12 but if Texas and Oklahoma leave for the PAC 12 that likely ain't gonna happen.

                    so even if Boise cant get into the PAC 12 there will likely be another opportunity to join another super conference.
                    I would imagine there will be scramble between what's left of the Big 12 and the existing Mountain West to make a single conference.
                    sigpic
                    Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
                      I would imagine there will be scramble between what's left of the Big 12 and the existing Mountain West to make a single conference.
                      That's what I was thinking. It won't be a super conference but it will definitely be a respectable conference.
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Although it won't be a super conference I'm still excited on what will the outcome be.

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
                          I would imagine there will be scramble between what's left of the Big 12 and the existing Mountain West to make a single conference.
                          We get Boise State every year?


                          That would be frickin SWEET.
                          sigpic

                          Hooray, beer!

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                            We get Boise State every year?


                            That would be frickin SWEET.
                            It's hard to say what Texas will do. Some think going to the PAC 12 is a foregone conclusion. Others think they would be unwilling to share the Longhorns Network and would keep the Big 12 together. What do you think?

                            Be nice to Boise dude. You poached your offensive coordinator from us.
                            sigpic
                            Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              You guys can't even beat BYU, why would you want to play Boise?
                              sigpic
                              Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X