Glad Real American Football is back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glad Real American Football is back

Thank God the NCAA Football rules are not made by Roger Goodell or I would be down to HS Football only as an enjoyable American Football sport.

It sure is nice to see hard hits and QB's hit and the Defense able to play like a Defense. Man after watching the College ball games I had a lot of fun and the flags only came out for mostly legit reasons some to human error but no stupid Goodell Protection flags flying which was a relief.

Here's to College Football they are now the only True American Football League outside of High School.

I watched a great comeback win from my South Carolina Gamecocks vs ECU last night.. Lots of hard hits, and only flags that was were thrown were mental mistakes flags, false starts, holding.. etc No BS calls for hitting WR, and QBs too hard. I said this just a few weeks ago, that College football seem more entertaining than the NFL these days, because of the difference in the rules. I really feel like the players complaints (WRs and QBs) and Roger Goodell have really made the NFL less interesting with the lame personal foul flags and fines on every single hard hit, even the legal and legit hits, are fined and penalized.. NFL players get paid millions to take less of a pounding than college players who get paid 3 square meals a day, room and board, and a scholarship for their education..

Comment

the NFL is motivated by greed, what's not American about that?

Comment

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
        The American way isn't of Greed it might be to a bunch of foreign owned at one time American owned Corporations but it isn't American at all to be Greedy. There maybe some greedy Americans but the Americans I know are warm, giving, patriotic people. I really haven't meet to many greedy Americans yet.

Comment

It is only a matter of time before NCAA abopts "protection" rules.
          Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
          sigpic

Comment

To be fair, the BCS is not exactly an exercise in philanthropy.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyByU View Post
              The American way isn't of Greed it might be to a bunch of foreign owned at one time American owned Corporations but it isn't American at all to be Greedy. There maybe some greedy Americans but the Americans I know are warm, giving, patriotic people. I really haven't meet to many greedy Americans yet.
              couldn't disagree more. American society is a very materialistic and greedy society. not saying everyone is greedy but American "big business" definitely is.

i am not talking about the small time business owner or the common working man/woman. i am talking about the infrastructure as a whole and the way many Americans are materialistic.

also, if you don't think the NCAA or the colleges are greedy as well, i have a bridge i want to sell you.

(not trying to derail the thread, just saying)

Comment

Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
                To be fair, the BCS is not exactly an exercise in philanthropy.
                the bcs is a joke, but it has nothing to do with college football being greedy or not. that would fall on the NCAA, the colleges, and everyone else financially involved.

and yes, i would agree they are greedy as well. there is a reason why we still have this out dated bowl system and not a playoff and its 100% because of money and greed.

Comment

Originally posted by Southstander View Post
                  It is only a matter of time before NCAA abopts "protection" rules.
                  one thing i cant figure out is, why is making the sport safer = greed?

don't get me wrong, i don't support them dumbing down the game we love but i am not sure how people come up with greed as the motivation behind it.

Comment

College football is pretty screwed up in many ways too. I mean look at how many recruiting violations go on in college without people finding out till after the players have gone onto the pros and such.

Comment

ncaa rules suck compared to NFL IMO

also roger doesn't make the rules, the competition committee does

roger's just a catchall for fan hatred lol
                      sigpic

Comment

couldn't disagree more. American society is a very materialistic and greedy society. not saying everyone is greedy but American "big business" definitely is.

i am not talking about the small time business owner or the common working man/woman. i am talking about the infrastructure as a whole and the way many Americans are materialistic.

also, if you don't think the NCAA or the colleges are greedy as well, i have a bridge i want to sell you.

(not trying to derail the thread, just saying)
                        I do agree America was basically built on the idea of greed. Has anybody ever read John Locke?

However, greed has some very negative connotations/stigmas, and I don't think the negative way it can be thought of is how it should be applied when talking about America. It's not so much greed as the freedom to earn as much money as you possibly can, because the system is built upon people getting money, and getting lots of stuff, and the more money people have, the more money people want, and the more money people spend, the more it benefits us all.

Yes we are "greedy", but it's not the same type of greed as you would associate some fat pig stuffing money into his pockets laughing at all the poor people.

Sorry for the off topic post

Comment

To get back on topic though, my favorite thing that I'm seeing in the college games are KICKOFFS!! I forgot what they looked like...

Comment

Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
                            I do agree America was basically built on the idea of greed. Has anybody ever read John Locke?

However, greed has some very negative connotations/stigmas, and I don't think the negative way it can be thought of is how it should be applied when talking about America. It's not so much greed as the freedom to earn as much money as you possibly can, because the system is built upon people getting money, and getting lots of stuff, and the more money people have, the more money people want, and the more money people spend, the more it benefits us all.

Yes we are "greedy", but it's not the same type of greed as you would associate some fat pig stuffing money into his pockets laughing at all the poor people.

Sorry for the off topic post
                            i am not on any side of the fence when it comes to this topic, i am just stating the obvious.

the only time greed starts to irritate me (when it comes to sports) is when it starts to effect the game or hold it back.

when you got the bowl system which is completely outdated and pointless (except to make money) that starts to piss me off.

the only reason we don't have a playoff is because they cant figure out how to still generate the money that the bowls generate.

it really pisses me off when people try top lie and say they cant do it for academic reasons or some other BS excuse. division II college football has a playoff system for god sakes, don't tell me the NCAA cant come up With something.

i know i am ranting but that pisses me off so much.

the NCAA is as bad as it gets when it comes to greed effecting sports IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by jcdavey View Post
                              ncaa rules suck compared to NFL IMO

also roger doesn't make the rules, the competition committee does

roger's just a catchall for fan and player hatred lol
                              fixed lol

Comment

Working...
                              X