• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Amari24
    Starter
    • Jan 2010

First super conference?

If reports are true; Texas, Texas Tech, OSU, and OU, are leaving the Big 12 to move to the Pac 12. I believe we'll also be seeing some more big moves as well.
  • #87Birdman
    The MOD Who Laughs
    • Apr 2011

Can't believe Pitt and Syracuse went from Big east to the ACC. I know when I was thinking that SEC was going to move that it would be either the PAC or the BIG 10 that would be moving, but with ACC making moves really makes me wonder how this will shake out.

Adopted Broncos:
    (2011-2013) Eric Decker
    (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
    (2019-Current) Drew Lock
    Adopted posters:
    Everyone

Comment

• InsaneBlaze23
      The ArchAngel
      • Jan 2009

There is also reports that Texas has contacted the ACC, about moving to the ACC.

By the end of 2015, there will probably only be 4 conferences.
      Big Ten
      Pac-12
      SEC
      ACC
      Anybody else is independent.
      sigpic
      Adopted Broncos:
      EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• InsaneBlaze23
        The ArchAngel
        • Jan 2009

Originally posted by #87Birdman View Post
        Can't believe Pitt and Syracuse went from Big east to the ACC. I know when I was thinking that SEC was going to move that it would be either the PAC or the BIG 10 that would be moving, but with ACC making moves really makes me wonder how this will shake out.
        The Big Ten keep telling people they will not pursue anymore teams.
        They are still talking to Notre Dame under the table to get them to come to the Big Ten.

They also might put in a word with Texas, and go after a MAC team like Western Michigan.
        sigpic
        Adopted Broncos:
        EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• #87Birdman
          The MOD Who Laughs
          • Apr 2011

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
          The Big Ten keep telling people they will not pursue anymore teams.
          They are still talking to Notre Dame under the table to get them to come to the Big Ten.

They also might put in a word with Texas, and go after a MAC team like Western Michigan.
          I live in Iowa so I listen to a lot of hawkeye fans and I know a lot of them wanted Oklahoma Ok state (even though they knew they weren't going to get them) would create a huge wrestling conference. But they thought maybe Pitt, but with Pitt moving to the ACC I relly wonder how the Big 10 will move because they will have to if everyone else works to 16 teams. But I wonder what happens to the remaining Big 12 north teams.

Adopted Broncos:
          (2011-2013) Eric Decker
          (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
          (2019-Current) Drew Lock
          Adopted posters:
          Everyone

Comment

• Amari24
            Starter
            • Jan 2010

Boise may end up joining in on the move to the Pac 12 as well. I think 2013 will be the last year we have of more than 4 or 5 conferences. This is a big middle finger to the BCS.

Comment

• Axemaster
              Special Teams
              • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Amari24 View Post
              If reports are true; Texas, Texas Tech, OSU, and OU, are leaving the Big 12 to move to the Pac 12. I believe we'll also be seeing some more big moves as well.
              Where ya been man we only been talking about this around jere for 2 years now!!!

Thanks Texass for breaking up the Big 12, and starting the floodgates. College football will not look the same after this season/
              sigpicoh YEAH?

Comment

• InsaneBlaze23
                The ArchAngel
                • Jan 2009

The NCAA is shaking in their boots with all this moving around going on.
                Probably why they are throwing out all these violations.

They are really just punishing teams for talking about moving or playoffs.
                sigpic
                Adopted Broncos:
                EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• Rollo
                  Cp Much xD
                  • Dec 2005

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
                  The NCAA is shaking in their boots with all this moving around going on.
                  Probably why they are throwing out all these violations.

They are really just punishing teams for talking about moving or playoffs.
                  This

Totally Agreed

Comment

• 12and4
                    Banned User
                    • Nov 2006

god i hope fresno state ends up being in one of them....

i think we're top 64 material... huge tv market in the middle of cali with no other (good) football teams within 200 miles...

god i hope we do

Comment

• HurricaneDovs
                      Playmaker
                      • Dec 2006

Crazy that we might see the dissolve of two conferences that have been around for years.

Big XII might go down with everyone leaving and ive even heard some people saying WVU might want to go to the SEC and that even more BE teams might petition the ACC.

If the Big East is smart they will try to grab some of those non-AQ schools that can compete in either basketball or football quick. Teams like UCF, Memphis, East Carolina, maybe Navy. Who knows. If TCU can join the BE then maybe theyll even invite BSU to try to get some power. If its adding a school that might not have the biggest of stadiums or the best at academics or losing a crap-ton of money through losing BCS conference standing I think theyll take the lesser of two evils. Not like geography means anything anymore.

If the Big XII dissolves then I can see the MWC being made to a BCS conference and adding some of the left overs from the Big XII. As long as they could hold on to BSU in case all this shook down. Still think the MWC screwed the pooch by not inviting BSU when they still had BYU, Utah, and TCU in conference.
                      LET 'ER BUCK!!!
                      Adopted by: Peanut, Chazoe60, CanDB, RealBronco and JakeNbake

Comment

• baphamet
                        Family Trust Beer
                        • Nov 2006

Originally posted by 12and4 View Post
                        god i hope fresno state ends up being in one of them....

i think we're top 64 material... huge tv market in the middle of cali with no other (good) football teams within 200 miles...

god i hope we do
                        i know this isn't what you want to hear but its probably not going to happen. you need to be able to host all of those huge schools and Fresno st just doesn't have the means currently.

its the same situation Boise st is in but you guys are in a better TV market so that could help your cause.

expand your stadium to hold at least 50k or so people and you might have a decent shot. (assuming you have the fan base to fill it)

Comment

• #87Birdman
                          The MOD Who Laughs
                          • Apr 2011

Yeah talking with a guy here at work and the way it looks like

Pac 12 picks up those four that takes them to 16

Big 10 is sitting at 12

ACC grabbed Pitt and Syaracuse to move them to 14

Sec grabbed Texas AM to move them to 13

So after that there are 9 spots open to get to 4 super confrences, and the remains of the BIG12 and Big East there are 12 Teams so who will fall

Big 12
                          Iowa State
                          Kansas
                          Kansas State
                          Missiouri
                          Baylor

Big East
                          West Virginia
                          Rutgers
                          UConn
                          Cinncy
                          Louisville
                          South Florida
                          TCU

I think those are the teams left in those two confrences and from what I have heard the SEC was looking at West Virginia and Missiouri

So alot is going to be going and someone will be left out.

Adopted Broncos:
                          (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                          (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                          (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                          Adopted posters:
                          Everyone

Comment

• the0rangecrush
                            Captain
                            • Apr 2009

Way to go Texas your greed has single handedly reshaped the landscape of CFB
                            What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                            I don't know and I don't care

Comment

• InsaneBlaze23
                              The ArchAngel
                              • Jan 2009

Iowa St. and Missouri will probably end up in the Big 10, as well as some none AQ team(s). IMO the big 12 will no longer exist by 2013-15.

If anything, there might be 5 conferences with the Big East joining the named 4.

Big East will just grab teams nobody wants to not fall to the SEC,Pac,ACC, and Big Ten in the race to grab teams.
                              sigpic
                              Adopted Broncos:
                              EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Working...
                              X