Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AZOmae
    replied
    Was born and raised in Cheyenne, WY. Went to UW games since the age of 8 (1980). Saw many a talented athlete come through Laramie, including Freshman sensation Barry Sanders AND Senior Thurman Thomas in the same game when Okla. State came to the Gem City back in 1987.
    Went to UW for 3 years and transferred to UNC (Northern Colorado) for the remainder for a teaching degree. Was called a traitor and a 'Greenie' after I did.

I thought that WYO would come out sluggish and then adjust and come out smoking in the 2nd half. But, like Lord Trychon said, RIVALRY GAME. All records can get tossed out during rivalry games. CSU had us beat, but inopportune turnovers in the red zone killed them.

I'm a HUGE Wyoming fan, but as mentioned before, had mad respect for Sonny Lubick. I rooted for the Sheep when they made ANY bowl. It was hard not to like Lubick. Anyone who turns down a job with Miami to stay at a smaller school because they love the community, gets my respect for as long as they live. I would love someone like that at Wyoming.

Great game, and I'll be in Albuquerque for the NM Bowl. Seeing how we can't stop the run, it might be a LONG day....but then again, I said the same when we played UCLA in the Vegas Bowl, and against Ryan Mathews 2 years ago.

Leave a comment:

• LordTrychon
    replied
    Well, you know... rivalry games.

Born in Laramie, myself... in and out of Co till I moved to Denver at age 6. Moved a bit again as an adult though. I root for CSU to do well when not playing WY or CU.

Leave a comment:

• Broncoholic3233
    replied
    Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post
    I'll be honest... I don't follow as close as I'd like... for a few reasons. I've never been able to get too into college sports at all because of the impossibility of WY to ever really be competitive on a high level.... and then there's the fact that I live in Southern Indiana... also makes it harder to follow.

One of the other guys could probably answer that....

But at the same time, just going to a bowl game is a victory... and I'm happy for it. Fairweather though I may be.
    Yeah.

Well my parents are both Alumni of UW and grew up in Wyoming (Thank God they moved to Colorado before I was born ). Then my grandparents live there and are huge UW people. And they've all been saying how good Wyoming is this year.

I just didn't see it today. Not at all. I mean, we are beyond terrible, and we played you guys very, very close.

Leave a comment:

• LordTrychon
    replied
    Originally posted by Broncoholic3233 View Post
    Thank you so much for beating us. If that doesn't kill Fairchild's coaching career, I don't know what will.

But, hate to be a downer to you guys, but if you can't even beat us by more than 3, well.......your bowl game isn't going to be pretty. And I thought you guys were actually a good team, so unless this was just a bad game for you guys?
    I'll be honest... I don't follow as close as I'd like... for a few reasons. I've never been able to get too into college sports at all because of the impossibility of WY to ever really be competitive on a high level.... and then there's the fact that I live in Southern Indiana... also makes it harder to follow.

One of the other guys could probably answer that....

But at the same time, just going to a bowl game is a victory... and I'm happy for it. Fairweather though I may be.

Leave a comment:

• Broncoholic3233
    replied
    Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post
    w00t!
    Thank you so much for beating us. If that doesn't kill Fairchild's coaching career, I don't know what will.

But, hate to be a downer to you guys, but if you can't even beat us by more than 3, well.......your bowl game isn't going to be pretty. And I thought you guys were actually a good team, so unless this was just a bad game for you guys?

Leave a comment:

• Atwnbroncfan
    replied
    Just got back from the game.

I.........AM...............PISSED

Again Fairchilds awful game management cost us the game. Going into the 4th ready to put up the fork in WYO. And Fairchild starts passing the entire 4th quarter. What the heck is wrong with you? Way to sum up the seniors experience of what its been the last 4 years. Graham should be firing Fairchild in the locker room right now.

What a joke.

Sisson, I look forward to watching you on Sundays. Because of your injury your going to drop to a low round to maybe even UDFA. But who ever is getting you is getting a steal. A linebacker who lived in the backfield for 4 years.

Leave a comment:

• LordTrychon
    replied
    Originally posted by Broncoholic3233 View Post
    WOOOOOOT!!!

FIRE FAIRCHILD!!!!!!!!!!!

C'mon CSU FIRE that bum
    w00t!

Leave a comment:

• Broncoholic3233
    replied
    WOOOOOOT!!!

FIRE FAIRCHILD!!!!!!!!!!!

C'mon CSU FIRE that bum

Leave a comment:

• Broncoholic3233
    replied
    Man, it sucks Sisson had to get hurt, he was the only bright spot to watching CSU.

Glad he got back for this game and is having a huge game.

Hope he goes pro, kid is a hell of a player. He lead the nation in a lot of LB stats before he got hurt early this season, so I think he has a good chance.

Leave a comment:

• Rollo
    replied
    Go Wyoming!

Leave a comment:

• Broncoholic3233
    replied
    woot

good job wyo

FIRE FAIRCHILD!

Leave a comment:

• Broncoholic3233
    replied
    C'mon Wyoming.

Kill us.

A crappy state like Wyoming (my whole family is from there pretty much) builds a better program? What a joke.

FIRE FAIRCHILD.

Leave a comment:

• AZOmae
    replied
    Interesting indeed.

I just got done texting one of my friends in FoCo (yes, CSU and WYO guys CAN get along. ) and he said he heard that 'Fail-child' is going to get another year.

But rumors are rumors, and we all know how that story goes!!

Leave a comment:

• Atwnbroncfan
    replied
    I think he is a good coach. But as you said the scandal makes me leery. One of our foundations is that we've never faced sanctions from the NCAA. With a coach who had a scandal that makes me tense a bit. But as for being out of the game since 2005? I don't care about that Barnett has been heavily involved in our program the last 4 years. If he can keep a clean program I'd love the hire. He is a good coach and good receuiter.

I've heard rumors that he has been around campus since Wednesday and will be at the game tomorrow. But I'm not too sure if those are true.

Leave a comment:

• AZOmae
    replied
    Originally posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
    Right now the rumor is Gary Barnett is our guy.
    How do you feel about that?
    Has he been away too long (2005)?
    Do you want someone that has a scandal under his belt?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X