Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who should play LSU for the title game??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who should play LSU for the title game??

I've said all along i think Bama should, OSU lost to Iowa State while Bama lost by 3 in OT to LSU.

OSU would get clown-stomped by LSU.

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    I've said all along i think Bama should, OSU lost to Iowa State while Bama lost by 3 in OT to LSU.

OSU would get clown-stomped by LSU.
    Bama will get the rematch. But if OSU played the way they are tonight, it could be a heck of a game.

But right now they are predicting that the Fiesta Bowl will be Standford vs. OSU. Which would be a sweet game.
    sigpic

Comment

It should be Bama.

Having said that I hope it is ANYONE but Alabama. That game will be another snooze fest. It will be a game of field goals because of the elite defenses and embarrassingly bad QBs.

Comment

Under the current system, I believe Alabama should get it. Don't change the rules to avoid a rematch when there's no rule against rematches.

But if I were tweaking the system, I would give it to OSU -- I think the National Championship should be played for by Conference Champions.

In my playoff system, I would be fine with playing off only the Conference Champions. Highly ranked non-champions could play in lucrative bowl games, just like they do now.

Comment

Bama, OKS would get Beat down by LSU. Claiborne would handle blackmon, and the rest of OKS wideouts would be in check. OKS is something like 103rd in defense.
          What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
          I don't know and I don't care

Comment

if it is second best team in country it should be bama if it is the second best confrence champion it should be OKS
            sigpic
            oakland raders gm
            latavis murray trade bait

Comment

I think Okla St don't care what the game looks like on paper.... I concede that Bama by all rights is the one of the best teams in the nation and would probably make for a better bowl matchup but I don't like it ....

It will basically be robbing Okla St

The Cowboys (11-1, 8-1 Big 12) snapped an eight-game losing streak in the Bedlam rivalry and won their first outright conference title since 1948

As we know the ranking system is flawed and the bsc is junk.... if you can't win your conference and without a playoff system then no way you should play for the national title... The season will be decided largely in part of preseason rankings ...

1948 was way before any of us that will read this was born ... Way to honor what that roster accomplished ....
              :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo:

Comment

OSU. They handled OK easily & their sole loss came in double OT. Alabama doesn't have the kicking game or O to challenge LSU like OSU does
                "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

Okie St. The completely clown-stomped Oklahoma and lost in double OT to an upstart ISU team.

Also they have a better resume than Bama. If I remember correctly Okie St's schedule rank was 10th in FBS to Bama's 38th and I think Okie St has played more top 25 teams.

It should be Oklahoma St, but it won't.

And don't doubt that Okie St offense.
                  LET 'ER BUCK!!!
                  Adopted by: Peanut, Chazoe60, CanDB, RealBronco and JakeNbake

Comment

Anyone losing to an unranked team like ISU doesn't deserve to be playing for a national championship, no matter how badly they beat OU.

Going strictly by who the two teams lost to, one lost to the #1 team in the country, the other lost to an unranked nobody.

It's laughable to think that OSU earned anything tonight besides a pat on the back and an 'Atta boy.'

Comment

Nobody deserves to play LSU for the National Championship.

Why does Alabama deserve a shot? If they win and they split the series why does Alabama get to be the National Champion? This isn't for a conference championship or anything. Not to mention Alabama didn't even win their conference.

LSU should just be crowned the National Champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Kno-Sean View Post

Why does Alabama deserve a shot? If they win and they split the series why does Alabama get to be the National Champion? This isn't for a conference championship or anything. Not to mention Alabama didn't even win their conference.

No different than if the Giants met the Patriots in the Super Bowl this year. Giants already beat them once, so if the Pats win and split the series, how come they get to be the Champions?

In this crappy BCS system, conference championships are nice little awards a team can earn, but they have no bearing on the National Title. It's all about record and strength of schedule and how badly you can beat someone else.

Comment

Am I the only one who doesn't want to see a Bama-LSU rematch just for the sake of entertainment?

Comment

Originally posted by Kno-Sean View Post

sigpic

Adopted Posters:
                            Broncbeat - 80stheman - kmcgough25 - InsaneBlaze 23
                            Adopted By:
                            Broncoholic JS & 80stheman
                            Broncbeat

Comment

Originally posted by jetrazor74 View Post
                              No different than if the Giants met the Patriots in the Super Bowl this year. Giants already beat them once, so if the Pats win and split the series, how come they get to be the Champions?

In this crappy BCS system, conference championships are nice little awards a team can earn, but they have no bearing on the National Title. It's all about record and strength of schedule and how badly you can beat someone else.
                              But it's not a tournament play. We are basing it off a resume. We already know that LSU beat the next best team, so why should they have to do it again?

Not to mention LSU had to go out and play Georgia today, while Alabama sat at home while a trip to the national championship was just handed to them.

Comment

Working...
                              X