Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who should play LSU for the title game??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kno-Sean View Post
    Nobody deserves to play LSU for the National Championship.

Why does Alabama deserve a shot? If they win and they split the series why does Alabama get to be the National Champion? This isn't for a conference championship or anything. Not to mention Alabama didn't even win their conference.

LSU should just be crowned the National Champion.
    Bama lost to them by 3 in OT, LSU is really good, but Bama is the only team who can beat them in CFB.

Comment

Originally posted by Kno-Sean View Post
      But it's not a tournament play. We are basing it off a resume. We already know that LSU beat the next best team, so why should they have to do it again?

Not to mention LSU had to go out and play Georgia today, while Alabama sat at home while a trip to the national championship was just handed to them.
      That's just it. Most experts feel that Bama was and still is the better team, and had a couple small things gone their way, people would be asking why Bama has to play LSU again and not OSU.

Alabama earned the right to play for the Title according to the current system. LSU has to play SOMEONE. The Tide is the most legitimate team.

If you're mad at the system, then I totally agree with you. It's crap. We need playoffs.

But until that happens, this is what we've got.

Leave team names out. Assume this is 2012 and the only thing we know about the the teams contending for the #2 spot is the single loss on their records.

One team lost, in triple overtime, to an unranked opponent.

The other lost in OT to the #1 ranked team in the country at that time by 3 points.

Who would you chose?

Comment

I think the two best teams should play for the championship, and Alabama and LSU are the two best teams.

The rest of the BCS games are where the real inequality comes into play.
        sigpic
        Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

i wish we could have bama vs oregon and oks vs stanford winners play, the winners of that game plays lsu
          sigpic
          oakland raders gm
          latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
            Bama lost to them by 3 in OT, LSU is really good, but Bama is the only team who can beat them in CFB.
            well so far, no they aren't. if they are the only team that can beat them... they would have already.

theoretically.

but i'll give that to you since i know for a fact on any other day TCU would have fallen to us at home. it's all about a couple of chance plays sometimes and on that particular day, it was kickers who sealed fates.

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
            i wish we could have bama vs oregon and oks vs stanford winners play, the winners of that game plays lsu
            well then it would still be LSU vs. Bama in the title game lol I don't see Oregon or Stanford winning those games. Although Oklahoma State could maybe put up a fight against Bama.

that being said, OkSt should get the shot. they won their conference. Bama didn't even play in their championship game.

this isn't a playoff system so LSU shouldn't have to prove they can beat the same team again to be champions.

in the end i want whatever matchup gives Boise State the best chance to get an At-Large bid.
            sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

Alabama should not play for the title....look at Michigan vs OSU a few years ago...Alabama had their shot to win the division and lost at home....letting a team in that didn't win their own division is a joke....

and like I said earlier....michigan barely lost at OSU when they were 1 and 2...but Florida leap-frogged them any way even though they were widely considered the best two teams, and that OSU would roll Florida...Ok. St. should be in...
              "Badger my a$$ it's probably Milhouse...."

Comment

People, nobody that loses to an unranked team should be given a shot at the national title.

Period.

Does anyone even have a valid argument against that? I mean, I've pointed it out time and time again and the only thing anyone can say is... "well, Alabama didn't win their conference."

Winning your conference isn't a requirement and it doesn't explain why OSU deserves a shot.

I agree that winning the conference should be a requiremnt, but it's not, so it's a moot point.

Someone, anyone, please give me a logical, valid reason that a team who lost to an UNRANKED opponent even remotely deserves a shot at the national championship?

I'm sorry, but while it might be a crappy deal that a team that didn't win their conference gets a shot at the national title, it'd be an even bigger mockery of the sport if OSU were allowed to play for it when there are more deserving teams out there...

Hell, Kansas State only lost to ranked teams... THEY deserve a shot at the national title before OSU does!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jetrazor74 View Post
                  People, nobody that loses to an unranked team should be given a shot at the national title.

Period.

Does anyone even have a valid argument against that? I mean, I've pointed it out time and time again and the only thing anyone can say is... "well, Alabama didn't win their conference."

Winning your conference isn't a requirement and it doesn't explain why OSU deserves a shot.

I agree that winning the conference should be a requiremnt, but it's not, so it's a moot point.

Someone, anyone, please give me a logical, valid reason that a team who lost to an UNRANKED opponent even remotely deserves a shot at the national championship?

I'm sorry, but while it might be a crappy deal that a team that didn't win their conference gets a shot at the national title, it'd be an even bigger mockery of the sport if OSU were allowed to play for it when there are more deserving teams out there...

Hell, Kansas State only lost to ranked teams... THEY deserve a shot at the national title before OSU does!!!
                  losing to any team isn't a rule to disqualify someone either....my post was perfectly logical and provided precedent.....Michigan's only loss to that point was by 3 on the road against the #1 team...and they were considered far and away the best two teams....Florida was supposed to get chewed up....they didn't do it because Michigan did NOT win their division and wanted to avoid a rematch
                  "Badger my a$$ it's probably Milhouse...."

Comment

Originally posted by karnage View Post
                    losing to any team isn't a rule to disqualify someone either....my post was perfectly logical and provided precedent.....Michigan's only loss to that point was by 3 on the road against the #1 team...and they were considered far and away the best two teams....Florida was supposed to get chewed up....they didn't do it because Michigan did NOT win their division and wanted to avoid a rematch
                    You're absolutely correct. Losing to ranked teams as opposed to unranked teams isn't a requirement either.

Your example is great... except Florida hadn't lost to an unranked team, there was no valid reason that Florida shouldn't play that game except experts thought they'd get their butts handed to them. They were a legitimate contender for the title.

And the other gigantic difference between 2006 and now is that OSU and Michigan would have played BACK TO BACK games.

This year is completely different. The choice comes down to a rematch of a tight game lost in overtime to #1 over a month ago, or a team who lost to an unranked team, and, imo shouldn't be ranked nearly as high as the are right now.

I'm sorry, but no one has yet to answer why a team who lost to an unranked opponent should unseat the legitimate number 2 team and get a shot at the title.

I'm hearing lots of reasons why people think Alabama shouldn't play, but there just isn't a team worthy of the shot instead of them.

Comment

To me the only reason this is an issue is because the polls made a huge mistake in only dropping a couple of spots OK.St when they lost to ISU. They should have dropped to 10th at best. That gives me concern that it will be Ok.St in the championship game because its clear the pollsters didn';t want them dropping out of a championship shot.
                      It should be Alabama, they've dominated everyone they've played except LSU, and even then it was only because of their kicking game they lost.
                      I cant see the LSU BAMA rematch being a snooze fest, both teams have had time to go over the game films and I could seeing it being much higher scoring
                      "On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high."
                      Ayrton Senna..

Comment

It's a shame Wisconsin couldn't come through on 2 plays this year. 2 plays are the difference between a Rose Bowl and a National Championship.

I believe Wisconsin could compete with LSU.

But on topic, yes Alabama is the second best team, but I just don't want to see that game again.

Comment

Originally posted by InElwayWeTrust View Post
                          It should be Bama.

Having said that I hope it is ANYONE but Alabama. That game will be another snooze fest. It will be a game of field goals because of the elite defenses and embarrassingly bad QBs.
                          yeah l guess everyone wants to see LSU smoke Oklahoma State 55-7, because that's what will happen.

Oklahoma State is a joke.

Sorry i'll take Bama vs. LSU, at least it'll be a good game.
                          Super Bowl XXXII, XXXIII & 50 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by jetrazor74 View Post

Period.

AMEN! glad to see someone with common sense.
                            Super Bowl XXXII, XXXIII & 50 Champs

Comment

Boise State.

Anything but a LSU and Bama rematch.

Comment

What about the 2008 Florida Gators? They lost to an unranked Ole Miss team by 1 point in regulation & still played in the championship, and won. Don't forget that Ohio State lost to an unranked IL team & still played for the championship
                                Last edited by HUMCALC; 12-05-2011, 09:43 AM.
                                "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

Working...
                                X