Does the BCS tick you off?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does the BCS tick you off?

well it does me...and though i'll probably get about 12 people to "like" this at least i'm doing my part

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Boycot...02131743151431

feel free to pass it along

While the BCS ticks me off, I actually think the Title game is going to be a much different animal than last time.

Comment

Yes, we need a playoff system, but we'll never get it because of the $ the BCS contributes
      "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

BCS ticks me off, but Oklahoma State did it to themselves by losing to Iowa State.

I would have loved to see LSU's defense up against OSU's offense.
        sigpic
        HOPING TO SEE MORE OF THIS IN 2012

ESPN’s John Clayton reported that McKenzie is expected to review Jackson’s performance for the next week or so. Clayton reports that the odds favor Jackson staying in Oakland, but a decision has not been made. "I still get the feeling Jackson will end up being retained." 3 1/2 HOURS LATER, THE RAIDERS FIRED JACKSON.....GOOD CALL CLAYTON

Comment

Playoffs. Playoffs. Playoffs.

People complain about the BCS busters like a Boise State, not deserving a National championship -- how fun would it be to watch it be shown by the TEAMS? Witness things like Alabama Vs. OKSU, LSU Vs. Boise, Stanford Vs. Oklahoma, OSU Vs. TCU, things like that.

The BCS basically dictates who plays who and where. Alabama getting a free ticket to the NC without even playing last week or winning their conference, shows that. Or Boise and KSU missing out on a BCS bowl to Michigan and Virginia Tech. Wouldn't it be fair if KSU and Boise could prove they are the better team by playing against VaTech or Michigan? Nope, let the BCS choose. That's much more entertaining...

I would love to see the top 8 or 10 teams battle it out for a chance at a NC/BCS bowl.
          Last edited by Amari24; 12-05-2011, 01:37 PM.

Comment

it's sooo totally about money...but they could likely make MORE money if they weren't so set in their ways...an ncaa football playoff would be way bigger than march madness....but there are so many people padding their pockets with the current system they don;t want to change things...it just makes me crazy...all the amazing football we're missing with this joke of a system

Comment

IMO the Championship has the 2 best teams in it, however I will agree I dislike the postseason of CFB from bowl selection to awards
              What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
              I don't know and I don't care

Comment

OK State is a better team than Alabama IMHO. They lost to an unranked team, but so did the 2008 Gators & the 2007 Buckeyes
                "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

Originally posted by Apoc13 View Post
                  it's sooo totally about money...but they could likely make MORE money if they weren't so set in their ways...an ncaa football playoff would be way bigger than march madness....but there are so many people padding their pockets with the current system they don;t want to change things...it just makes me crazy...all the amazing football we're missing with this joke of a system
                  Yep.

And the BCS' excuse of "best interest of the STUDENT Athlete" is such B.S. They've had a playoff system in the lower divisions for years, and no one has complained about missing too many classes. Most classes are done after the first week of December anyways.

The BC$ has been getting kickback$ from the$e $pon$ers for year$, and until you don't $ee a $pon$er name in front of a bowl, the BC$ will never change.
                  sigpic

ESPN’s John Clayton reported that McKenzie is expected to review Jackson’s performance for the next week or so. Clayton reports that the odds favor Jackson staying in Oakland, but a decision has not been made. "I still get the feeling Jackson will end up being retained." 3 1/2 HOURS LATER, THE RAIDERS FIRED JACKSON.....GOOD CALL CLAYTON

Comment

I can't stand the BCS, especially as someone who's favorite team is a FCS team (Montana Grizzlies) and lives in a state with only FCS teams, so I get to watch an actual college football playoff system all the time.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skywalker View Post
                      I can't stand the BCS, especially as someone who's favorite team is a FCS team (Montana Grizzlies) and lives in a state with only FCS teams, so I get to watch an actual college football playoff system all the time.
                      Ha ha. When I transferred from Wyoming to Northern Colorado, I saw that playoff system first hand, when UNC won the D-II Championship in 1996 and 1997.

What a concept! Right?
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skywalker View Post
                        I was just about to post something like this. I think that an actual playoff system is in need to prove the best team.
                        The BCS dictates who gets to play. Its much more exciting and sportsman like to have a playoff format.

P.S. Go MSU Bobcats!

Comment

OK ST's O against LSU's D would of been the perfect D.

Now we get to see 2 teams with average QB play struggling to score points.

I don't have any complaints if LSU win, they are deserving of the best team in the country tag but without proving themselves against the OK offense and proving they can stop it I don't think they have 'proven' that much

Comment

I can't watch college football anymore because of it. There is no true national championship, therefore no true champion. So why even play the freakin games. Its a joke a team can go undefeated and just get kicked to the side. What a sham. I for the live of me do not know why we still have this awful system. Its ruining college athletics with all this pointless coference realignment. Now San Diego State is in the Big East?? *** mate. This is a joke and simply unwatchable. If people simply stopped watching it and going to games until a playoff it would be fixed....but thats an unrealistic dream.

Comment

i cant stand the BCS or the current bowl system, i hated the bowl system before the BCS actually.

i hate the fact that only one bowl game matters. the conference championship games hold far more meaning than any of the other bowl games.

the only bowl games i watch is the national championship and whatever game my team is in just for the hell of it.

don't even watch the others and don't really care who wins either, they are just meaningless Exhibitions as far as i am concerned.
                              Last edited by baphamet; 12-07-2011, 11:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X