No announcement yet.

Does the BCS tick you off?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Say what u want, but oklahoma state is not better than Bama, and i honeslty believe the only team that can match up with LSU is bama.. the two best teams are playing, like it or not. Ok state would get punished, they offense look so good because they do not go up against any good defenses. LSU has played topped ranked, powerful offenses in Oregon, west virginia, and arkansas, and punished all three of them.. ok state is no exception. The thing people fail to realize if bama and lsu are 3 and 4 deep at just about every position. 4 of the top 5 ranked defenses reside in the SEC, with Bama, Georgia, LSU and South Carolina... Ok state offense wont move the ball on bama nor lsu like they do all those other weak defenses they have played, and their garbage defense wouldnt be able to stop lsu, or bama from scoring. Im sorry i know a lot of u are upset that a team from your conferences, or another conference isnt reppin the big title game, but i promise u im not being an SEC bias when i say the best two teams in the nation are playing.. Im a Gamecock fan, but that SEC west is a monster of a divison.. hell i doubt OK state would stand a chance against the third best team in the SEC west (Arkansas) they can score at will, and they have a much better defense than the 103 rd ranked ok state defense.

Comment

This year Alabama only beat Arkansas & Penn State. OK State beat much tougher teams
      "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

Originally posted by Captain_23 View Post
        Say what u want, but oklahoma state is not better than Bama, and i honeslty believe the only team that can match up with LSU is bama.. the two best teams are playing, like it or not. Ok state would get punished, they offense look so good because they do not go up against any good defenses. LSU has played topped ranked, powerful offenses in Oregon, west virginia, and arkansas, and punished all three of them.. ok state is no exception. The thing people fail to realize if bama and lsu are 3 and 4 deep at just about every position. 4 of the top 5 ranked defenses reside in the SEC, with Bama, Georgia, LSU and South Carolina... Ok state offense wont move the ball on bama nor lsu like they do all those other weak defenses they have played, and their garbage defense wouldnt be able to stop lsu, or bama from scoring. Im sorry i know a lot of u are upset that a team from your conferences, or another conference isnt reppin the big title game, but i promise u im not being an SEC bias when i say the best two teams in the nation are playing.. Im a Gamecock fan, but that SEC west is a monster of a divison.. hell i doubt OK state would stand a chance against the third best team in the SEC west (Arkansas) they can score at will, and they have a much better defense than the 103 rd ranked ok state defense.
        Bottom line is we'll never know. OK ST. has the best O in college, I don't think many would disagree with that.

LSU already won, IN Alabama, now we get to see them do it again ? Great !

Comment

Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
          Bottom line is we'll never know. OK ST. has the best O in college, I don't think many would disagree with that.

LSU already won, IN Alabama, now we get to see them do it again ? Great !
          No, we already know. They lost to an unranked, weak iowa state team, they beat a oklahoma sooner team that did the same thing, lose to a weak unranked texas tech team. Good, and great teams win the games they are supposed to win. It is known, its just the simple fact people are pissed because the SEC will bring home another title for the six year in a row. the BCS is jacked up no question about that, im pissed my #9 ranked gamecocks are a top ten bcs team and will not play in a bcs bowl as is #7 ranked boises state.. but teams like clemson, va tech, michigan, and west virginia all are playing in bcs bowls with lower ranks.

So again yes the bcs system is jacked, but if you all have seen each team, in each conference play, how they played and who they played, and how they beat them, and look at overall team talent, its no question that the two best teams are playing. People may say bama had their chance, well guess what so did the other preseason top 25. All people had to do was win games they were supposed to win. And each top team except lsu (undefeated) and bama (9-6 defeat to the #1 team in ot) lost to a team of lower rank or non ranked team 1 or more times. The best two teams are playing, no disrespect, but some of you need to accept it and get over it.

Comment

No, we already know. They lost to an unranked, weak iowa state team, they beat a oklahoma sooner team that did the same thing, lose to a weak unranked texas tech team. Good, and great teams win the games they are supposed to win. It is known, its just the simple fact people are pissed because the SEC will bring home another title for the six year in a row. the BCS is jacked up no question about that, im pissed my #9 ranked gamecocks are a top ten bcs team and will not play in a bcs bowl as is #7 ranked boises state.. but teams like clemson, va tech, michigan, and west virginia all are playing in bcs bowls with lower ranks.

So again yes the bcs system is jacked, but if you all have seen each team, in each conference play, how they played and who they played, and how they beat them, and look at overall team talent, its no question that the two best teams are playing. People may say bama had their chance, well guess what so did the other preseason top 25. All people had to do was win games they were supposed to win. And each top team except lsu (undefeated) and bama (9-6 defeat to the #1 team in ot) lost to a team of lower rank or non ranked team 1 or more times. The best two teams are playing, no disrespect, but some of you need to accept it and get over it.
            I think that sums up how I feel about it. I think the two best teams are playing. It's the rest of the mess that seems like a closed door good ole boy handshake.

I personally don't think Ok State belongs. Iowa State is not a good football team. At least Boise can say they lost to a top 20 team by one point. However, I'm not making a case for Boise in the national championship because I believe the two best teams are playing.

Additionally, I think beating Oklahoma isn't as great is the ranking looks. When I watched Oklahoma earlier in the year (when they were ranked in the top 2) I thought the looked like paper champs. I had the opinion that they were grossly overrated. There was nothing about them that told me they should be in the discussion for being one of the best teams in the land.

IMO, you have LSU and Alabama as the two best teams in the land. Then, you have everybody else from 2-15, or so.
            sigpic
            Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

TBH LSU and 'Bama probably are the 2 best and have to be in the C'Ship.

I just would of preferred OK ST. They would of provided a different challenge and it would of been a more interesting game IMO.

I would of loved the Claiborne - Blackman match-up too

Comment

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
                I think that sums up how I feel about it. I think the two best teams are playing. It's the rest of the mess that seems like a closed door good ole boy handshake.

I personally don't think Ok State belongs. Iowa State is not a good football team. At least Boise can say they lost to a top 20 team by one point. However, I'm not making a case for Boise in the national championship because I believe the two best teams are playing.

Additionally, I think beating Oklahoma isn't as great is the ranking looks. When I watched Oklahoma earlier in the year (when they were ranked in the top 2) I thought the looked like paper champs. I had the opinion that they were grossly overrated. There was nothing about them that told me they should be in the discussion for being one of the best teams in the land.
                I
                IMO, you have LSU and Alabama as the two best teams in the land. Then, you have everybody else from 2-15, or so.
                Thank you.. you know i agree. Hey my team got screwed too but im not sitting here saying we should be playing LSU because i wouldnt even want my gamecocks to get embarassed like they did georgia anyway lol. And just like you said, you have lsu and bama, and then u have everybody else. Lsu's 4th string running back will beat out every other teams starting running back on their team with the exception of trent richardson and marcus lattimore, and maybe montee ball. And im no exaggerating it either. Those guys are like 3 deep and every position. They dont have 1 great qb, but have two really good qbs lsu is 10 deep along the d line.. bama is 7 deep at linebacker, three od the best corners in the nation are in that game, claiborne, mathieu, and kirkpatrick.. lsu is 8 deep along the oline.. i mean i can go on and on.. so much talent amongst those two teams, i iust dont see how anybody could argue that the two best teams are playing.

An offensive team cannot win against lsu. Like i said in another thread arkansas, oregon, and west virginia have really good offenses just like ok state, and all three of them got punished by LSU. LSU is a mismatch for everyone except bama. No other team in the nation matches up well with them. I dont think people realize how, big, and fast both bama and lsu are.
                SEC is about the running game, and great defense.. thats why the league will be champs again. SEC teams dont light up scoreboards because over half the teams have really good, to great defense, and everyteam runs the ball more than they pass with the exception of arkansas.

Comment

TBH LSU and 'Bama probably are the 2 best and have to be in the C'Ship.

I just would of preferred OK ST. They would of provided a different challenge and it would of been a more interesting game IMO.

I would of loved the Claiborne - Blackman match-up too
                  Sorry bro, but it wouldnt be a challenge, claiborne would shut blackmon down, not because he is that much better of a corner than blackmon is a receiver, but because claibornes front 7 wont give ok states qb no time to even challenge him. Ok state is one dimensional. All they do is pass.. lsu would punished them.. if u get the chance, and if ur able to go back and watch games of lsu vs ,arkansas, oregon, and west virginia. They all three have the same make up as ok state. Potent passing games, with no run game, and weak defenses.. lsu destroyed all three of those teams.

Comment

Sorry bro, but it wouldnt be a challenge, claiborne would shut blackmon down, not because he is that much better of a corner than blackmon is a receiver, but because claibornes front 7 wont give ok states qb no time to even challenge him. Ok state is one dimensional. All they do is pass.. lsu would punished them.. if u get the chance, and if ur able to go back and watch games of lsu vs ,arkansas, oregon, and west virginia. They all three have the same make up as ok state. Potent passing games, with no run game, and weak defenses.. lsu destroyed all three of those teams.
                    Point taken. What do you think of Weeden ? Looks pretty good but does have Blackman to throw to.

Already 28 but would you spend a 2nd on him ?

Comment

Point taken. What do you think of Weeden ? Looks pretty good but does have Blackman to throw to.

Already 28 but would you spend a 2nd on him ?
                      I like Weeden. I wouldnt draft him though. Same thing could be said for Blackmon, that he has a good QB throwing to him right? I just dont want to take away from how good I think Weeden is. His oline would struggle against those two big dogs, thats why he would struggle if he played them. My Boy Alshon Jeffrey is just as talented as Blackmon, the huge difference maker has been the piss poor QB play in South Carolina this season. Qb play in S.C kept the gamecocks from being an elite team. We could stop people, but couldnt score againt people. Half the points the gamecocks get is from the defense and sp teams.

Me personally wouldnt draft a QB at all next season. If i was in charge, ill give Tebow a training camp, and mini camps to work on mechanics,as far as his footwork, i would not mess with a qbs throwing motion. U make a qb uncomfortable throwing the ball when coaches try to do that. I would continue to build up the defense. As you can tell by my postings, that im a huge defensive guy. I love and believe defense gives a football team a sense of personality, gives a team an idenity, i love great defense and we could use more dept at dt, another pass rusher, another corner, and another safety..

Comment

Working...
                      X