• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AllEyezOnZach27
    Special Teams
    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Garywolf001 View Post
    Simple, they lost on a bad day for there FG kicker and no one else comes close, be realistic, they have 5 guys on defense that are 1st round worthy picks and quite frankly would stuff a lot of NFL teams. They lost to LSU because the kicker went 2 for 6, they would have won with Kathy Ireland kicking but not Shelley that first game. Even if they did win the first game. it would have still been Bama vs LSU, because by the BCS system they are the best 2 teams in the country.
    So conferences mean nothing then? Who cares about winning your conference championship if you lose to the right team? Why even play conference games then? Computers, rankings & sports writers need to get away from college football forever.

The whole college football system needs to be gutted and redun. I could careless if the purists dont like not having certain rivalries if we can finally get an even playing field that makes sense geographically and academically.

Boise St., South Florida, Central Florida, Houston, SMU, SDS all in the Big East???
    West Virginia in the Big 12?
    Army, Navy, BYU & Notre Dame are independent just because???

College football is a joke and until they fix their issues no one will EVER agree on who the true best team in the country is!

/rant
    sigpic

Comment

• Garywolf001
      Bench Warmer
      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by AllEyezOnZach27 View Post
      So conferences mean nothing then? Who cares about winning your conference championship if you lose to the right team? Why even play conference games then? Computers, rankings & sports writers need to get away from college football forever.

The whole college football system needs to be gutted and redun. I could careless if the purists dont like not having certain rivalries if we can finally get an even playing field that makes sense geographically and academically.
      So no team can have a wild card? It's win your Conference or nothing? That would suck for the Broncos now wouldn't it.

But I agree the system sucks, they should have a playoff system with the Bowl games being where they are played. I just think this year, LSU and Bama would still have played in a conferance game and the title game would have been a joke no matter who else played Bama or LSU, it was ganna be between LSU or Bama this year. Other years have not been so clear and those years have shown the money side of the collge ball that needs to change. Thank BCSPN.
      sigpic
      I Adopt #77 well damn!
      Milla Da QB Killa' #77
      Fox Rocks #77

Comment

• Broncoholic3233
        #OrangeandBlue #PFM
        • Jan 2010

We stole their OC and that is all that matters.

GO RAMS!

i hate bama....
        2013 Adopt-a-Bronco: Demaryius Thomas

sigpic

Comment

• AllEyezOnZach27
          Special Teams
          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Garywolf001 View Post
          So no team can have a wild card? It's win your Conference or nothing? That would suck for the Broncos now wouldn't it.

But I agree the system sucks, they should have a playoff system with the Bowl games being where they are played. I just think this year, LSU and Bama would still have played in a conferance game and the title game would have been a joke no matter who else played Bama or LSU, it was ganna be between LSU or Bama this year. Other years have not been so clear and those years have shown the money side of the collge ball that needs to change. Thank BCSPN.
          In college football no! Whats the point? Isnt ever single regular season game supposed to mean everything in college? Isnt that why they put the BCS in? OSU had all the right in the world to play in that game! Isnt the NCAA all about making $$$? LSU vs. Bama or LSU vs. OSU? What game is bringing ratings? Plus OSU won their conference and only lost once as well.

The Packers and the Saints would never play for the Super Bowl would they? No because they are in the SAME CONFERENCE! Win your conference and get a shot at the National Championship!

Hypothetically speaking, what would happen if LSU lost their conference championship game? Would they still be in the National Championship game? Would Bama jump them even though they lost to LSU? Also LSU had to play an extra game compared to Bama (I know they won but they had an extra week of playing while Bama sat at home and got to study LSU and gameplan for an extra week).
          Last edited by AllEyezOnZach27; 01-10-2012, 07:11 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

• AznBroncoFan
            Practice Squad
            • Sep 2003

Easily the worst college football game ever.

OK State should've been there. They would've blown out LSU.

Comment

• roperdoug
              Practice Squad
              • Nov 2011

Lsu

LSU flat just didn't show up. Didn't look like they wanted to win. Jefferson looked like he was on drugs. Did they even make it pass the 50 in the second half? I went to bed after he tossed the ball to the Bama player. The game was so boring. Grief, this was supposed to be the biggest game in College football. It looked like a game between Florida and Alabama-Birmingham. All that money poured into a National Championship was flushed down the toilet. LSU may as well have forfeited the Game and save having players injured. Alabama did it without Ingram too! I'm not a fan of either team but I halfway expected a close game with a exciting final clutch play at the end for LSU. Miles must have left his bag of tricks at home.

Originally posted by Safety View Post
              if anyone should be getting booed, it is Les Miles. That was the worst coaching I've ever seen in my life. The LSU players looked disinterested, Jefferson was terrible and should have been yanked when the Tigers went down 15-0 and replaced with Jarrett Lee.

Les Miles just embarrassed the team, players, fans, the school, boosters and alumni on national tv, and DID NOTHING to give them any chance to win that game. He should have pulled Jefferson and put Lee in to try and give them a spark, and then he punted with under 4 minutes to go and down by 21.

were were the trick plays? I saw no reverses, no double reverses, no flea flickers, they didn't try to go deep, they didn't try any play action pass, they did nothing all night. No fake punts, there was no creativity, no originality, no Mad Hatter tricks, just a flat, emotionless team that showed absolutely no heart and got it's tush whipped in the trenches for 60 minutes, and I'd be surprised if the Bama players even broke a sweat during that entire warmup. I refuse to call that a game when LSU never showed up to begin with.

The blame has to fall on Les Miles shoulders. I don't like LSU, not a fan and I wanted Bama to win, but not like this...there's just nothing I can take any pleasure in from tonights game.

Les Miles should come into his office in the morning to find a Pink Slip on his door and a note that says "Thank you for your efforts, but your services are no longer needed here. Please clean out your desk and remove yourself from this institution immediately."

He sabotaged his own team in the BCS National Championship Game.

Comment

• Comeaux 43
                Practice Squad
                • Jan 2011

its ugly down here in baton rouge, fans are livid and want anwsers...doesnt help our whole team is jumping ship
                Mile High Salute

Comment

• roperdoug
                  Practice Squad
                  • Nov 2011

Mile may be axed

Comment

• baphamet
                    Family Trust Beer
                    • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Broncoholic JS View Post
                    Im not even a Alabama fan, Im a die hard Colorado Buffaloes fan!
                    i am truly sorry.

Comment

• ERoyal248
                      All-Pro
                      • Aug 2009

Originally posted by AznBroncoFan View Post
                      Easily the worst college football game ever.

OK State should've been there. They would've blown out LSU.
                      Other way around, only one team in CFB can beat LSU, and Bama did, and showed why.

They should of won the first time if they had a kicker.

Also, Bama has 5 first round picks on defense, best team in CFB, period.

Comment

• kishzilla
                        All-Pro
                        • Jan 2009

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X