Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dave Logan Fired from Mullen

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Dave Logan Fired from Mullen

    They just announced on tonight's news that Dave Logan (voice of the Broncos on KOA 850 and former CU Buff) was fired as the Head Coach of Mullen HS football. Call me crazy, but isn't a 90-11 record, and at least 3 state titles (I think) enough to keep your job--along with being a caring, intelligent teacher? Guess not. So far Mullen hasn't given an explanation.

    http://www.9news.com/news/article/24...-at-Mullen-HS-
    sigpicSig designed by Freyaka
    2014 Adopt-a-Bronco - Juwan Thompson....BELIEVE, It's Mile High Magic!

  • #2
    Originally posted by native5280fan View Post
    They just announced on tonight's news that Dave Logan (voice of the Broncos on KOA 850 and former CU Buff) was fired as the Head Coach of Mullen HS football. Call me crazy, but isn't a 90-11 record, and at least 3 state titles (I think) enough to keep your job--along with being a caring, intelligent teacher? Guess not. So far Mullen hasn't given an explanation.

    http://www.9news.com/news/article/24...-at-Mullen-HS-
    I thought he quit, and heard he was going over to Cherry Creek.
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
      I thought he quit, and heard he was going over to Cherry Creek.
      No, from what I understand from the news reports they asked him to resign 2 weeks ago but he told them no. So today they fired him and his staff.
      sigpicSig designed by Freyaka
      2014 Adopt-a-Bronco - Juwan Thompson....BELIEVE, It's Mile High Magic!

      Comment


      • #4
        What were they thinking? IMO, Logan would also be a good college coach too. Dude's a genius. Glad my favorite high school team doesn't need him, and won state title this year. Go Rebels!
        sigpic

        2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
        Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

        Comment


        • #5
          They fired Dave Logan because they wanted to hire a coach that also teaches at Mullen. They felt Logan could not get as involved as they wanted him to with academics since he isn't a teacher.

          This according to my friend's dad, who is a superintendent for the school district.


          sigpic


          FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor



          :cool:

          Comment


          • #6
            Logan's not a teacher, just for the record.


            Mullen had some issues with their teams at times. Some of those issues were known to other coaches in the area, but I'm sure there are reasons we'll never get as well.

            Mullen has some character issues on their teams when it comes to sports. This has kind of always been there though, so I don't think that alone would be cause for Logan's dismissal.

            I have no idea what went on to be honest, and we probably never will.

            Comment


            • #7
              He probably did something bad for this to happen so out of the blue.

              Comment


              • #8
                I hope he goes to my old high school, Smoky Hill. God knows they could use a good coach.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by CinnaMunMun View Post
                  I hope he goes to my old high school, Smoky Hill. God knows they could use a good coach.
                  Ah good ole smoky, Program went to crap once Carroll took over in the early 2000s. It was too bad they got rid of Shantz.
                  Last edited by Atwnbroncfan; 01-11-2012, 11:07 PM.
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
                    Ah good ole smoky, Program went to crap once Carroll took over in the early 2000s.
                    Haha, I wonder what happened to Carroll? I heard he left for California one morning without warning.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by CinnaMunMun View Post
                      Haha, I wonder what happened to Carroll? I heard he left for California one morning without warning.
                      Yea one night he fled to Cali, leaving his wife with some girl he was having an affair with. Plus he was pretty much stealing money on the side from training sessions that were actually a fraud. He was doing a lot of sketchy stuff when he was there, part of the reason why he only lasted a couple of seasons. Thank god I never had to Play for him, I did some lifting programs with him during his tenure and couldn't stand him. Thank god, i got there right after he left. Lol
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
                        Yea one night he fled to Cali, leaving his wife with some girl he was having an affair with. Plus he was pretty much stealing money on the side from training sessions that were actually a fraud. He was doing a lot of sketchy stuff when he was there, part of the reason why he only lasted a couple of seasons. Thank god I never had to Play for him, I did some lifting programs with him during his tenure and couldn't stand him. Thank god, i got there right after he left. Lol
                        That is crazy! He started coaching my senior year and I went through most of the offseason workouts, but I had to quit to focus on my school work. He hated me after that.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          i wonder where he ends up.
                          sigpic
                          oakland raders gm
                          latavis murray trade bait

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            My mom still works for Smoky, she said the word on the street is he and his entire staff are going to Cherry Creek.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I hope he coaches my Grandview Wolves, and owns Smoky and Creek for the next 10 years!!!
                              Lifetime Broncos/Cowboys fan.
                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X