Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
    The accuser told him personally
    Sandusky told him he raped a bunch of kids?

Comment

Originally posted by Bernie24 View Post
      Sandusky told him he raped a bunch of kids?
      The guy who accused Sandusky went to Paterno's house, sat down, and told him that Sandusky has abused him. Paterno was shocked, but told him that he'd done the right thing by coming forward, and that he'd do his part
      "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

The guy who accused Sandusky went to Paterno's house, sat down, and told him that Sandusky has abused him. Paterno was shocked, but told him that he'd done the right thing by coming forward, and that he'd do his part
        Worse than I thought

Yeah that's pretty bad. He should have told the police. That being said, I still don't hate or blame Paterno for what happened like so many do.

I don't look up to him either though guy who thinks i got raped i guess lol

Comment

It was an assistant that went to Paterno with an accusation that he had seen Sandusky committing the act in the locker room.

"Former university vice president Gary Schultz and athletic director Tim Curley are charged with failing to report to police what graduate assistant Mike McQueary said he told them in 2002: that McQueary saw Sandusky sexually assaulting a boy in a locker room shower.

McQueary first told Paterno, who said he reported it to Curley and Schultz the next day. The administrators told the grand jury they were never informed that the allegations were sexual in nature."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201....ap/index.html

Comment

Originally posted by Joey Ramone View Post
            It is absolutely amazing that people are paying tribute to this horrible, horrible human being. This idea of, "Well sure, he protected a child molester, but look at all the football games he won!" tells you what a hopeless, foolish, disgusting species we truly are....
            Wow that is way harsh..... I never met Paterno (i'm guessing you haven't either) So i can't be sure, but it seems that everyone who knew him thought he was a great man.

Based off of what I have seen from him, I would agree with their assessment.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jcdavey View Post
              he did something wrong by not getting the police involved.

he was part of the cover up, therefore part of the problem
              Agreed, he's just as guilty as everyone else in the cover up.

Sandusky is the main villain for what he did.

He is followed by McQueary who failed to notify the police and instead notified his father, who then notified Paterno, who failed to notify police and instead notified Schultz and Curley, who then swept it under the rug.

Paterno was part of the cover-up and so he did something wrong by not getting the police involved and is just as guilty as McQueary for failing to notify the police.
              The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Brown View Post
                Agreed, he's just as guilty as everyone else in the cover up.

Sandusky is the main villain for what he did.

He is followed by McQueary who failed to notify the police and instead notified his father, who then notified Paterno, who failed to notify police and instead notified Schultz and Curley, who then swept it under the rug.

Paterno was part of the cover-up and so he did something wrong by not getting the police involved and is just as guilty as McQueary for failing to notify the police.
                Totally agreed.

He did just enough to fulfill his legal responsibility.

But sometimes there's a moral responsibility that goes beyond, "the bare minimum."

That said, he's a legend as far as college football goes, and his passing is sad news.

Comment

Joe did what he thought he was suppose to do, report it to his superior. I'm sure that he assumed that it would be taking care of. Penn was his heart and soul. He probably knew that if he reported it, it would come out so he left it to his superiors to report it. I have every idea he was not involved in the cover-up, nor knew it was being covered up. None of us knows what went on behind the scenes. We can only make assumptions.

Comment

Originally posted by // / yardo View Post
                    It was an assistant that went to Paterno with an accusation that he had seen Sandusky committing the act in the locker room.

"Former university vice president Gary Schultz and athletic director Tim Curley are charged with failing to report to police what graduate assistant Mike McQueary said he told them in 2002: that McQueary saw Sandusky sexually assaulting a boy in a locker room shower.

McQueary first told Paterno, who said he reported it to Curley and Schultz the next day. The administrators told the grand jury they were never informed that the allegations were sexual in nature."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201....ap/index.html
                    Not according to the statement that was read to ESPN
                    "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

Not according to the statement that was read to ESPN
                      I have never heard, or seen a statement, saying that any of the victims went to directly to Paterno. That doesn't excuse his lack of judgement. Which is the bigger issue here.

If you have a link to any statement saying that, I would like to read it.

Paterno had reported overhearing rumors but nothing was substantial until Mike McQueary came directly to him about the shower incident.

Let's also keep in mind that Sandusky had previously been investigated due to similar allegations but charges were never filed. Where is the call for accountability on local law enforcement on that?! If we're going to depredate let's be consistent.

It could also be argued that McQueary should have gone to the police immediately. Why would he go to Paterno? If you walk into a locker room and witness a scene like what he saw, CALL the frickin' cops right then and there.

Aside from the victims, the person that has ultimately paid the most for this scandal is, Paterno. I'd say he paid his dues. The way I look at it is he made a huge mistake and paid for it with his health and in-turn, his life. Let him rest in peace.

Comment

It could also be argued that McQueary should have gone to the police immediately. Why would he go to Paterno? If you walk into a locker room and witness a scene like what he saw, CALL the frickin' cops right then and there.
                        Shifting the burden, that is what happened. McQueary did not call the cops. Instead, he called his father. His father then called Paterno, Paterno then told those two counselor type people.

They are all guilty. Many people go off about how "Paterno did the right thing, by telling his superiors instead of calling the police" and that he "did what he thought was right".

Here is my query, if it had been one of Paterno's children that Sandusky was doing this to. Would Paterno have told his superiors instead of calling the police. Or, heck, maybe he would have beaten Sandusky within an inch of his life?

In that situation, he would have known full well what to do. But, since it was somebody else's kid, he had "no idea what to do" other than telling his superiors and shifting the burden to them. Just because Paterno is dead now, doesn't make it go away.
                        The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

I have never heard, or seen a statement, saying that any of the victims went to directly to Paterno. That doesn't excuse his lack of judgement. Which is the bigger issue here.

If you have a link to any statement saying that, I would like to read it.

Paterno had reported overhearing rumors but nothing was substantial until Mike McQueary came directly to him about the shower incident.

Let's also keep in mind that Sandusky had previously been investigated due to similar allegations but charges were never filed. Where is the call for accountability on local law enforcement on that?! If we're going to depredate let's be consistent.

Aside from the victims, the person that has ultimately paid the most for this scandal is, Paterno. I'd say he paid his dues. The way I look at it is he made a huge mistake and paid for it with his health and in-turn, his life. Let him rest in peace.
                          YOU'RE RIGHT, for some reason I had it in my head that McQueary was the victim. I also feel horrible for Joe Paterno

Comment

i'm in no way glad that he is dead, i loved his career up until the coverup was exposed

it's a shame he's dead, but that doesn't erase his part in the cover up, i hope he's at peace now
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jcdavey View Post
                              i'm in no way glad that he is dead, i loved his career up until the coverup was exposed

it's a shame he's dead, but that doesn't erase his part in the cover up, i hope he's at peace now
                              That's pretty much my same sentiment. The guy was an icon until this point.

Comment

Working...
                              X