Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coaches poll released

http://espn.go.com/college-football/.../poll/2/week/1

I hate that these are released a month before we actually see any team on the field but here it is. Not quite what I was led to believe it would be all season.

1. LSU
    2. Bama
    3. USC.

Not quite how I thought it would be top 3. Not quite so surprised with LSU at the top but I thought for sure USC had a shot at #1 without starting behind Bama.

Anyways none of this matters now. The only poll that matters is the one released in December.
    sigpic

Where is UNLV????

Comment

Originally posted by InElwayWeTrust View Post
      Where is UNLV????
      On a map? You should know better than me.
      sigpic

Comment

I like that USC is not #1.

LSU-- good luck keeping that all year..

USC and Coach Kiffin's motto is "prep, not hype", it is probably better that USC needs to prove themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by SoundsOfSuccess View Post
          I like that USC is not #1.

LSU-- good luck keeping that all year..

USC and Coach Kiffin's motto is "prep, not hype", it is probably better that USC needs to prove themselves.
          They don't really have to prove themselves. LSU and Bama play each other so they clearly can't finish 1,2. I really don't expect the polls to allow the same thing that happened last year to happen again. And if USC runs the table it can't happen again.

Obviously something crazy could happen. But I expect the national title game to be the winner of the LSU, Bama game against the winner of USC and Oregon. Provided USC and Oregon don't split the regular season and PAC-12 title knocking them both out of contention.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
            They don't really have to prove themselves. LSU and Bama play each other so they clearly can't finish 1,2. I really don't expect the polls to allow the same thing that happened last year to happen again. And if USC runs the table it can't happen again.

Obviously something crazy could happen. But I expect the national title game to be the winner of the LSU, Bama game against the winner of USC and Oregon. Provided USC and Oregon don't split the regular season and PAC-12 title knocking them both out of contention.
            Hey now don't be forgetting about the big 12 according to that 60% of the big 12 is ranked in the top 25 so I wouldn't be over looking a team from there making some noise.

Adopted Broncos:
            (2011-2013) Eric Decker
            (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
            (2019-Current) Drew Lock
            Adopted posters:
            Everyone

Comment

You're right, I probably could've said that better.

They don't neccesarily have to prove themselves, as you said, but they are not going into the season entitled with anything. Last year Bama and LSU met twice, so while it shouldn't be too difficult to, USC still has a little ground to make up. Which is IMO, easier than keeping a top ranking all year.

Comment

Originally posted by SoundsOfSuccess View Post
                You're right, I probably could've said that better.

They don't neccesarily have to prove themselves, as you said, but they are not going into the season entitled with anything. Last year Bama and LSU met twice, so while it shouldn't be too difficult to, USC still has a little ground to make up. Which is IMO, easier than keeping a top ranking all year.
                Well USC and Oregon will (barring a miracle) meet twice before the national title. Bama and LSU can't do that since they are in the same division. So if they meet a second time again this year then something went horribly wrong for USC and college football as a whole.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by #87Birdman View Post
                  Hey now don't be forgetting about the big 12 according to that 60% of the big 12 is ranked in the top 25 so I wouldn't be over looking a team from there making some noise.
                  I wouldn't really count West Virginia and TCU.They are in for a rude awakening this year in a real conference just like Texas A&M and Missouri are in for a rude awakening in the SEC. Not saying they can't eventually be a prominent power in the conference I just think there will be some growing pains first season.

And even then Oklahoma is the only Big 12 team ranked in the top 10. So while it's not impossible they are the only true contender from the Big 12. And if we all get hyped up about their chances for going to the title game then they are likely to let down as usual.

I used to take the Big 12 very seriously but I just don't see it this year. OU does have a chance but they have a harder road. As you pointed out 60% of the Big 12 is ranked. So the path just isn't as easy.

USC or Oregon have a cakewalk. The winner of that game is practically awarded 1 of the 2 spots.

LSU and Bama have a much tougher road so it's possible one of them doesn't make it. But even with how tough the SEC can be those two are still in a class of their own from the rest of the conference. So the Winner of that game has a good chance as well.

So OU has to go undefeated. I don't like their chances at all if they trip up just once. If they go undefeated I think they would get the nod over USC or Oregon if 3 teams are unbeaten.

But that would just create total BCS chaos again. So glad we are getting rid of that dumb system in two years.
                  sigpic

Comment

The only team from the Big 10 ranked is the top 10?

I don't care about the other 7 teams ranked higher just that we are ranked higher than every other Big 10 team and most of all that trash that's to the south of our state. So for that I say thank coaches.
                    sigpic
                    Adopted Broncos:
                    EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
                      The only team from the Big 10 ranked is the top 10?

I don't care about the other 7 teams ranked higher just that we are ranked higher than every other Big 10 team and most of all that trash that's to the south of our state. So for that I say thank coaches.
                      Keep in mind the only reason the state to the south isn't ranked is due to ineligibility. Doesn't mean they think Michigan is better. Though I don't see why they wouldn't. But the Coaches poll doesn't rank ineligible teams.

You'll have to wait and see what the AP poll comes out with.
                      sigpic

Comment

Keep in mind the only reason the state to the south isn't ranked is due to ineligibility. Doesn't mean they think Michigan is better. Though I don't see why they wouldn't. But the Coaches poll doesn't rank ineligible teams.

You'll have to wait and see what the AP poll comes out with.
                        In I'm sure the AP would agree that Michigan is better than team that shouldn't be named. So even you would agree that Michigan is the better team? Michigan would have had a better record last season and a better bowl if not for 2 things. Shooting ourselves in the foot vs Michigan St. and the Refs screwing us over vs Iowa. The Iowa game should have been a win, Michigan St. could have went either way, but we shot ourselves in the foot all game on offense.
                        sigpic
                        Adopted Broncos:
                        EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Sweet they got us Notre Dame ranked 24th and we don't even have a quarterback! National championships here we come!!!!

Comment

the only poll that matters is the BCS

Comment

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                              the only poll that matters is the BCS
                              Which uses this poll in its equation...

I'm just sayin.

Comment

Working...
                              X