• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• berlownacyo7s
    replied
    Update from today on espn.com
    Tyrann Mathieu won't play this year

Tyrann Mathieu will not play football this season and continues to focus on working on himself, his adoptive father Tyrone told ESPN's Joe Schad on Thursday.

Tyrone Mathieu said last week that that the 20-year-old cornerback and punt returner known as the "Honey Badger" has been at the Right Step recovery center and is being counseled by former NBA player John Lucas. Lucas battled substance abuse during his pro career and now mentors others who have dependency issues.

Tyrann Matheiu won the Bednarik Award as national defensive player of the year last season.
    "Tyrann is focused on addressing his issues with Mr. Lucas," Tyrone told Schad. "(Lucas') story speaks for itself. He can help Tyrann and he can help our family."

Tyrone Mathieu said last week that Tyrann and the family need "time to heal" and that football is not a priority.

"Tyrann is working on discipline, maturity and character," Mathieu said. "He's making life adjustments."

LSU said last week about 20 college football programs had asked the school for permission to speak with All-America cornerback and punt returner, who was kicked off the team earlier this month, for what a source told ESPN was a violation of the school's substance abuse policy.

Mathieu could only play this season if he joins a program at the FCS level, the second tier of Division I, or a team in a lower division. If he wants to play another season at the Division I FBS level, he would have to wait until 2013, but will have become eligible for the NFL draft by then.

He had visited McNeese State and Nicholls State had announced that LSU gave it permission to speak with him. Both schools play in the Southland Conference, one of the top leagues at the FCS level.

Mathieu earned the nickname Honey Badger for his tenacious style, small stature (5 feet 9, 175 pounds) and blonde streak of hair, rising from obscurity to become one of college football's biggest stars in 2011, his sophomore season.

Mathieu won the Bednarik Award as national defensive player of the year last season. He scored four touchdowns -- two on punt returns and two on fumble returns -- intercepted two passes, caused six fumbles and recovered four.
    http://espn.go.com/college-football/...eu-play-season

Leave a comment:

• dizzolve
    replied
    Legalize already

Leave a comment:

• SBboundBRONCOS
    replied
    Originally posted by MegaOrange View Post
    I've seen people have a hard time quitting drinking, smoking cigarettes, coffee/caffeine, but weed - never seen that. You don't need rehab, you need someone to set your priorities straight. I have a good job and it required a drug test and I suppose they could drug test me at any time. Hence, I don't play around with weed because it's not worth losing my job. This goon is staring at $M's of dollars and he can't give it up, he's not addicted. He feels entitled or he's stupid, that's his problem. Reminds me of that movie with Dave Chappelle, Half Baked.
    exactly, i smoked pretty heavy (by my standards at least not a pot head though) during my last year at school i was graduating and obviously id need to start looking for an entry level job sooooooo

i quit, simple as that. did i miss it, ya but there were no side effects no withdrawl no physical urges to smoke it

i quit 1 month before i moved home and for 6 months before i got a job, i now have a job and i suppose i could get drug tested but i sit at a computer all day and as long as i give them no reason to suspect it i doubt ill be tested again so i smoked just a few times

ITS NOT HARD and i did that for $40k not the millions he was probably looking at

Leave a comment:

• MegaOrange
    replied
    Originally posted by atwaterandstir View Post
    Yeah, I agree. If you want to stop smoking pot just stop. I cant blame him for trying to save his reputation, but nobody is really going to buy it. Its a move (and a smart one) in an attempt to save face.
    I've seen people have a hard time quitting drinking, smoking cigarettes, coffee/caffeine, but weed - never seen that. You don't need rehab, you need someone to set your priorities straight. I have a good job and it required a drug test and I suppose they could drug test me at any time. Hence, I don't play around with weed because it's not worth losing my job. This goon is staring at $M's of dollars and he can't give it up, he's not addicted. He feels entitled or he's stupid, that's his problem. Reminds me of that movie with Dave Chappelle, Half Baked.

Leave a comment:

• atwaterandstir
    replied
    Originally posted by xX-Bronco-Xx View Post
    This guy is apparently in "rehab" for pot addiction..

Lol at him trying to save face by throwing pot under the bus. It wasn't pot that screwed your career, it was your stupid decision to do it.
    Yeah, I agree. If you want to stop smoking pot just stop. I cant blame him for trying to save his reputation, but nobody is really going to buy it. Its a move (and a smart one) in an attempt to save face.

Leave a comment:

• xX-Bronco-Xx
    replied
    This guy is apparently in "rehab" for pot addiction..

Lol at him trying to save face by throwing pot under the bus. It wasn't pot that screwed your career, it was your stupid decision to do it.

Leave a comment:

• SBboundBRONCOS
    replied
    Originally posted by jc13 View Post
    Janoris Jenkins went from the 1st round to the 2nd

Honey Badger already has a bigger reputation then Jenkins and he can obviously ball.
    even if he didnt screw up the kid is only 5-7 - 5-8 MAX 175 lbs

no way hed be a first round pick as a CB, some team will likely take a flyer on him as but a KR/PR kinda like hester, thats his value in the NFL with the size of these receivers now a days

Leave a comment:

• jc13
    replied
    Janoris Jenkins went from the 1st round to the 2nd

Honey Badger already has a bigger reputation then Jenkins and he can obviously ball.

Leave a comment:

• THEdraftnik
    replied
    I bet he slides till the 4th round now. :thumb:

Leave a comment:

• CTM
    replied
    Originally posted by one5beast View Post
    Honey Badger dont care
    I lol'd. :thumb:

Leave a comment:

• InElwayWeTrust
    replied
    Sounds like he just takes what he wants and doesn't care.....

No more watching him run in slow motion.

Leave a comment:

• SoundsOfSuccess
    replied
    Hahhhhhh..

Dummy. (For lack of an allowed use of expletives)

Leave a comment:

• jc13
    replied
    what a doofus

Still think he goes in the 2nd round.

Leave a comment:

• Thors Hammer
    replied
    Wow, I didn't think Les Miles would have the stones to do something like that. I guess the NCAA is finally starting to get their point across with the penalties handed out to some of the bigger programs over the last few years. (Ohio St., USC, Penn St.)

Leave a comment:

• Remedy
    replied
    Originally posted by one5beast View Post
    Honey Badger dont care
    surprised it took 3 replys for someone to say something along those lines.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X