Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cu 0-2

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    The Mountain West has lost TCU, Utah and BYU and will lose Boise State and San Diego State next year. Nevada, Fresno State and Hawaii were added this year, and Utah State and San Jose State join next year.

    In spite of all the change, the MWC remains a good regional conference.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

    Comment


    • #32
      College football in the state of Colorado is a JOKE! I recently decided to give up on college sports in general because of this stupid realignment madness where there are schools that showed that they are in it for the money. I miss the old Big 8 and I'm beginning to miss the Big 12 even if CU was stinking it up under Hawkins. I get why CU is a good fit in the Pac-12 but it doesn't mean that it is a good fit for me as a fan.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by Jalapeno Jon View Post
        College football in the state of Colorado is a JOKE! I recently decided to give up on college sports in general because of this stupid realignment madness where there are schools that showed that they are in it for the money. I miss the old Big 8 and I'm beginning to miss the Big 12 even if CU was stinking it up under Hawkins. I get why CU is a good fit in the Pac-12 but it doesn't mean that it is a good fit for me as a fan.
        What about Air Force, CSU-Pueblo, Adams State and Mines?
        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by samparnell View Post
          What about Air Force, CSU-Pueblo, Adams State and Mines?
          Sorry man but The fact that you mentioned a bunch of division 2 schools - excluding air force - says it all.
          sigpic


          @BlueNOrangeFTW

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by samparnell View Post
            What about Air Force, CSU-Pueblo, Adams State and Mines?
            Air Force is a national program so I don't necessarily count the Falcons in that situation. I have been to an Air Force-Navy game in the Springs and I know why they are hard to dislike. But I'm just not following their football team.

            As for the rest, they are D2 schools. I'm beginning to wonder if people at UNC are murmuring about if the Bears should have made the move from D2 to D1 early last decade. In some ways CU's move to the Pac-12 mirrors UNC. Both schools moved from conferences that had teams east of the Rockies to new conferences west of the Front Range. UNC has done a better job getting their football facilities up to date while CU is still working on getting their facilities up to date if the money is there. CSU-Pueblo had a new stadium built for them after the school reinstated football, Adams State has some new facilities, and I'm not sure about the Mines but they are doing pretty well for a school with the academic standards that the Mines has.

            My concern for CU is that they are slowly becoming the Minnesota of the Pac-12. The Gophers were a national power until the 1960's when their adminstration de-emphasized football. With the move to the Pac-12 which isn't as football centric as the Big 12, what incentive does the CU adminstration have for having a good football team?

            CSU, despite making noise about the new coaching staff and a new stadium, seems to too tied up with CU. The Buffs play good, the Rams play good. The Buffs suck, the Rams suck too. Mark Kizla ought to be laughing and kicking himself because he suggested that CU go to the MWC and now the Buffs just got blown out by a MWC team.

            The CSU president will make a final decision on the CSU stadium next month and if he decides not to proceed, college football in Colorado at the FBS level save for AFA is dead for years to come. That is why I quit being a CU fan after last weekend and the CU president backing both Bohn and Embree. That says a lot about CU's priorities when it comes to football.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by BluenOrnge4Life View Post
              Sorry man but The fact that you mentioned a bunch of division 2 schools - excluding air force - says it all.
              I wasn't trying to strike up a conversation with a football snob. Rather, I was responding to the state of college football in Colorado.

              The RMAC is the fifth oldest athletic conference in the US. MIAA is Division III as is the Ohio Athletic Conference. The Missouri Valley Conference is Division IAA/FCS. The only Division IA/FBS conference older than RMAC is the Big Ten. The RMAC is the oldest Division II conference.

              The RMAC currently has ten schools playing football six of which are in Colorado. Two are in NM, one is in Nebraska and one in South Dakota.

              Pop Quiz: Which NFL team has an NCAA record holding player from the RMAC? Name the player and his school. Also, which Colorado school has won the most RMAC championships in football? And, what WR for the Broncos (1960-66) played in the RMAC?

              Right now RMAC football has three Colorado schools undefeated and sharing first place. What's the matter? Don't you live in Colorado? Or, don't you like football?
              Last edited by samparnell; 09-19-2012, 03:47 PM.
              "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by Jalapeno Jon View Post
                As for the rest, they are D2 schools. I'm beginning to wonder if people at UNC are murmuring about if the Bears should have made the move from D2 to D1 early last decade. In some ways CU's move to the Pac-12 mirrors UNC. Both schools moved from conferences that had teams east of the Rockies to new conferences west of the Front Range. UNC has done a better job getting their football facilities up to date while CU is still working on getting their facilities up to date if the money is there. CSU-Pueblo had a new stadium built for them after the school reinstated football, Adams State has some new facilities, and I'm not sure about the Mines but they are doing pretty well for a school with the academic standards that the Mines has.
                The University of Northern Colorado Bears were once a powerhouse in Division II football. Not so much since they went to DIAA/FCS.
                Last edited by samparnell; 09-19-2012, 04:17 PM.
                "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                  I wasn't trying to strike up a conversation with a football snob. Rather, I was responding to the state of college football in Colorado.

                  The RMAC is the fifth oldest athletic conference in the US. MIAA is Division III as is the Ohio Athletic Conference. The Missouri Valley Conference is Division IAA/FCS. The only Division IA/FBS conference older than RMAC is the Big Ten. The RMAC is the oldest Division II conference.

                  The RMAC currently has ten schools playing football six of which are in Colorado. Two are in NM, one is in Nebraska and one in South Dakota.

                  Pop Quiz: Which NFL team has an NCAA record holding player from the RMAC? Name the player and his school. Also, which Colorado school has won the most RMAC championships in football? And, what WR for the Broncos (1960-66) played in the RMAC?

                  Right now RMAC football has three Colorado schools undefeated and sharing first place. What's the matter? Don't you live in Colorado? Or, don't you like football?
                  Don't condescend me. Most people aren't that interested in Division 2 football teams unless you go to those schools. It's the minor league of College Football.

                  Do you watch Arena football? No? Oh, I wasn't aware I was talking to a football snob.

                  I doubt the majority of college football fans are sitting around in Florida talking about how good their Div 2 schools are. The majority are sitting around talking about Florida & Florida State.
                  Last edited by BluenOrnge4Life; 09-19-2012, 07:15 PM.
                  sigpic


                  @BlueNOrangeFTW

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by BluenOrnge4Life View Post
                    Don't condescend me. Most people aren't that interested in Division 2 football teams unless you go to those schools. It's the minor league of College Football.

                    Do you watch Arena football? No? Oh, I wasn't aware I was talking to a football snob.

                    I doubt the majority of college football fans are sitting around in Florida talking about how good their Div 2 schools are. The majority are sitting around talking about Florida & Florida State.
                    So I guess that means you don't know the answer to the questions?

                    BTW I was responding to the statement "College football in the state of Colorado is a joke." I did not realize that for you, defining terms like college, football and Colorado would be a necessity. But, terminology is important.

                    Did you know that CU, CSU, BYU, Utah and Wyoming were once members of the Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference? Other former members include Colorado College, The University of Denver and the University of Northern Colorado (which used to be called Colorado State College). Western State Colorado University (formerly Western State College) has the highest athletic facilities in the US, over 7700' asl.
                    Last edited by samparnell; 09-20-2012, 04:01 AM.
                    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                      So I guess that means you don't know the answer to the questions?

                      BTW I was responding to the statement "College football in the state of Colorado is a joke." I did not realize that for you, defining terms like college, football and Colorado would be a necessity. But, terminology is important.

                      Did you know that CU, CSU, BYU, Utah and Wyoming were once members of the Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference? Other former members include Colorado College, The University of Denver and the University of Northern Colorado (which used to be called Colorado State College). Western State Colorado University (formerly Western State College) has the highest athletic facilities in the US, over 7700' asl.
                      I'm well versed in Colorado football since I'm born and raised, and grew up playing/watching football my entire life in Colorado, so no I don't need the history lesson.

                      The fact is that I prefer watching Division 1 college football the same way that I prefer watching the NFL over the Arena Football League & Canadian football league. I think I represent the majority in those sentiments & I think the majority of the people in this state, and nationally, think Colorado college football is a joke right now.

                      Just listen to any Denver Sports Station and it's often a topic of discussion.
                      sigpic


                      @BlueNOrangeFTW

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        If CU and CSU are having difficulty competing in football at the Division IA/FBS level, maybe they should apply for membership in their former conference. After all, CU owns ten RMAC football Championships and CSU five. Oops! There's football history again, a subject in which you seem to have little interest. Sorry.
                        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                          I wasn't trying to strike up a conversation with a football snob. Rather, I was responding to the state of college football in Colorado.

                          The RMAC is the fifth oldest athletic conference in the US. MIAA is Division III as is the Ohio Athletic Conference. The Missouri Valley Conference is Division IAA/FCS. The only Division IA/FBS conference older than RMAC is the Big Ten. The RMAC is the oldest Division II conference.

                          The RMAC currently has ten schools playing football six of which are in Colorado. Two are in NM, one is in Nebraska and one in South Dakota.

                          Pop Quiz: Which NFL team has an NCAA record holding player from the RMAC? Name the player and his school. Also, which Colorado school has won the most RMAC championships in football? And, what WR for the Broncos (1960-66) played in the RMAC?

                          Right now RMAC football has three Colorado schools undefeated and sharing first place. What's the matter? Don't you live in Colorado? Or, don't you like football?
                          The Patriots, Danny Woodhead from Chadron. I saw him play WSC once. It was rape.

                          Which Colorado schoold has won the most RMAC championships? I have no idea but I'm going to guess Mines. I would guess that or Adams.

                          Lionel Taylor!

                          I didn't realize UNK left the RMAC recently.
                          :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                            If CU and CSU are having difficulty competing in football at the Division IA/FBS level, maybe they should apply for membership in their former conference. After all, CU owns ten RMAC football Championships and CSU five. Oops! There's football history again, a subject in which you seem to have little interest. Sorry.
                            Here's some history for you, CU won a National Championship in the Big 8 in 1990. They are well capable of competing with the big dogs as long as the right AD/Coach is in place.

                            We seem to be pretty good competing in College Basketball too in the Pac-12, so I think you can take your RMAC comment elsewhere. The smart people who make decisions at CU know better.
                            Last edited by BluenOrnge4Life; 09-21-2012, 11:58 AM.
                            sigpic


                            @BlueNOrangeFTW

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by BluenOrnge4Life View Post
                              Here's some history for you, CU won a National Championship in the Big 12 in 1990. They are well capable of competing with the big dogs as long as the right AD/Coach is in place.

                              We seem to be pretty good competing in College Basketball too in the Pac-12, so I think you can take your RMAC comment elsewhere. The smart people who make decisions at CU know better.
                              Duh, every team is capable of winning a championship as long as they have the right administration and recruiting. CU has failed to do that for quite a while.

                              You might be offended that CU and CSU are both pretty terrible this year, but they would probably have a hard time breaking .500 in the RMAC.

                              There isn't many people in the athletic department involved with football besides Embree right now that make smart decisions. And the school/ academics administration is a joke.

                              My family has worked there for a combined 70 years, and my grandfather has had CU season tickets for 30 years. CU is lucky the Pac-12 even considered taking them in. The basketball program is on the rise and the coach is doing a great job recruiting, but it was a joke a few years ago and for a long time before that.
                              :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
                              sigpic

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post
                                Duh, every team is capable of winning a championship as long as they have the right administration and recruiting. CU has failed to do that for quite a while.

                                You might be offended that CU and CSU are both pretty terrible this year, but they would probably have a hard time breaking .500 in the RMAC.

                                There isn't many people in the athletic department involved with football besides Embree right now that make smart decisions. And the school/ academics administration is a joke.

                                My family has worked there for a combined 70 years, and my grandfather has had CU season tickets for 30 years. CU is lucky the Pac-12 even considered taking them in. The basketball program is on the rise and the coach is doing a great job recruiting, but it was a joke a few years ago and for a long time before that.
                                You basically re-stated everything I said, so I'm not sure what you're trying to prove.

                                CU is way too big and good of a school to be competing in the RMAC today, & THAT'S why they were let into the pac-12.

                                CU is nationally ranked in public universities, have well over 30,000 students, a gorgeous campus and location, recruit players from the same areas as other pac-12 schools, and there is a lot of history here.. So yes, they can very well compete in the PAC-12 and in the country if they get the right administration in place to lead that charge.
                                Last edited by BluenOrnge4Life; 09-21-2012, 12:03 PM.
                                sigpic


                                @BlueNOrangeFTW

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X