Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cu 0-2

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by BluenOrnge4Life View Post
    You basically re-stated everything I said, so I'm not sure what you're trying to prove.

    CU is way too big and good of a school to be competing in the RMAC today, & THAT'S why they were let into the pac-12.

    CU is nationally ranked in public universities, have well over 30,000 students, a gorgeous campus and location, recruit players from the same areas as other pac-12 schools, and there is a lot of history here.. So yes, they can very well compete in the PAC-12 and in the country if they get the right administration in place to lead that charge.
    Not sure how but you completely missed the point.

    :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by BluenOrnge4Life View Post
      Here's some history for you, CU won a National Championship in the Big 8 in 1990. They are well capable of competing with the big dogs as long as the right AD/Coach is in place.

      We seem to be pretty good competing in College Basketball too in the Pac-12, so I think you can take your RMAC comment elsewhere. The smart people who make decisions at CU know better.
      They need to fire everyone in the athletic department that has any connection to football. Bohn is a joke. Embree is clearly showing no improvement, and I have no idea where he is trying to take this program. Why has a senior been starting at QB when they are clearly rebuilding and have 2 young guys?

      Oh and CU competing in the PAC-12 in basketball... that'd be a good accomplishment if the PAC-12 wasn't a joke in basketball. The MWC STOMPS the PAC-12 in basketball.
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #48
        Man, CU is just getting harder and harder to watch this season.. Already down 21-7 with just a few minutes down in the 2nd quarter
        sigpic

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by BVP View Post
          They need to fire everyone in the athletic department that has any connection to football. Bohn is a joke. Embree is clearly showing no improvement, and I have no idea where he is trying to take this program. Why has a senior been starting at QB when they are clearly rebuilding and have 2 young guys?

          Oh and CU competing in the PAC-12 in basketball... that'd be a good accomplishment if the PAC-12 wasn't a joke in basketball. The MWC STOMPS the PAC-12 in basketball.
          Yeah that's why CU beat the second best school in the Mountain West in the tournament. In a MWC arena.

          And only 1 MWC school even won a tournament game.

          The MWC isn't as great as some of its fans would like go believe.
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
            Yeah that's why CU beat the second best school in the Mountain West in the tournament. In a MWC arena.

            And only 1 MWC school even won a tournament game.

            The MWC isn't as great as some of its fans would like go believe.
            That's a fair argument, but if the MWC isn't very good, how come they had more head to head wins and 4 teams in the tournament compared to the PAC-12's 2?
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #51
              What a comeback by the Buffs today. Glad they could finally get that first W. Gutsy call by Webb at the line, but the kid pulled it off.
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by BVP View Post
                What a comeback by the Buffs today. Glad they could finally get that first W. Gutsy call by Webb at the line, but the kid pulled it off.
                Good comeback. Very young Buffs team, the experience they are gaining will hopefully pay off.
                Anybody know how to get out of Plan A? - Elway

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by BVP View Post
                  They need to fire everyone in the athletic department that has any connection to football. Bohn is a joke. Embree is clearly showing no improvement, and I have no idea where he is trying to take this program. Why has a senior been starting at QB when they are clearly rebuilding and have 2 young guys?

                  Oh and CU competing in the PAC-12 in basketball... that'd be a good accomplishment if the PAC-12 wasn't a joke in basketball. The MWC STOMPS the PAC-12 in basketball.
                  Doesn't matter because We got into the tourney and won a game.
                  sigpic


                  @BlueNOrangeFTW

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by BluenOrnge4Life View Post
                    Here's some history for you, CU won a National Championship in the Big 8 in 1990. They are well capable of competing with the big dogs as long as the right AD/Coach is in place.

                    We seem to be pretty good competing in College Basketball too in the Pac-12, so I think you can take your RMAC comment elsewhere. The smart people who make decisions at CU know better.
                    You are very sensitive. With only text on a page, you missed that I was just teasing you.
                    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post
                      The Patriots, Danny Woodhead from Chadron. I saw him play WSC once. It was rape.

                      Which Colorado schoold has won the most RMAC championships? I have no idea but I'm going to guess Mines. I would guess that or Adams.

                      Lionel Taylor!
                      on two out of three! Danny Woodhead and Lionel Taylor who played at NM Highlands.

                      Mines has won nine RMAC Football Championships between 1912 and 2010. Adams State has won eight from 1960 to 1989.

                      Western State College (which is now called Western State Colorado University) won sixteen RMAC Football Championships from 1963 through 1998. They were Co-Champions in 1995 with Fort Hays State and in 1998 with Chadron State. They won seven in a row 1973-79, and four in a row from 1963-66. They have won the most, but if CU had never left ...

                      Colorado College won nine before going to Division III in football which they unfortunately dropped in 2009. One of my former player/students played on one of the last Tiger teams at C-Springs. I had several who played at WNMU and NM Highlands, but I think he was the only one to play football at a Colorado RMAC school. One of my former students is currently on the swim team at Mines.

                      Northern Colorado won three, Ft. Lewis one and Mesa nine. University of Southern Colorado shared a championship with Adams State in 1980, and now CSU-Pueblo is an RMAC power having won last year and in the driver's seat this year. They are ranked third nationally in NCAA Division II Football.
                      Last edited by samparnell; 09-25-2012, 05:02 PM.
                      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X