X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• samparnell
    replied
    Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post
    The Patriots, Danny Woodhead from Chadron. I saw him play WSC once. It was rape.

Which Colorado schoold has won the most RMAC championships? I have no idea but I'm going to guess Mines. I would guess that or Adams.

Lionel Taylor!
    on two out of three! Danny Woodhead and Lionel Taylor who played at NM Highlands.

Mines has won nine RMAC Football Championships between 1912 and 2010. Adams State has won eight from 1960 to 1989.

Western State College (which is now called Western State Colorado University) won sixteen RMAC Football Championships from 1963 through 1998. They were Co-Champions in 1995 with Fort Hays State and in 1998 with Chadron State. They won seven in a row 1973-79, and four in a row from 1963-66. They have won the most, but if CU had never left ...

Colorado College won nine before going to Division III in football which they unfortunately dropped in 2009. One of my former player/students played on one of the last Tiger teams at C-Springs. I had several who played at WNMU and NM Highlands, but I think he was the only one to play football at a Colorado RMAC school. One of my former students is currently on the swim team at Mines.

Northern Colorado won three, Ft. Lewis one and Mesa nine. University of Southern Colorado shared a championship with Adams State in 1980, and now CSU-Pueblo is an RMAC power having won last year and in the driver's seat this year. They are ranked third nationally in NCAA Division II Football.
    Last edited by samparnell; 09-25-2012, 05:02 PM.

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    Originally posted by BluenOrnge4Life View Post
    Here's some history for you, CU won a National Championship in the Big 8 in 1990. They are well capable of competing with the big dogs as long as the right AD/Coach is in place.

We seem to be pretty good competing in College Basketball too in the Pac-12, so I think you can take your RMAC comment elsewhere. The smart people who make decisions at CU know better.
    You are very sensitive. With only text on a page, you missed that I was just teasing you.

Leave a comment:

• BluenOrnge4Life
    replied
    Originally posted by BVP View Post
    They need to fire everyone in the athletic department that has any connection to football. Bohn is a joke. Embree is clearly showing no improvement, and I have no idea where he is trying to take this program. Why has a senior been starting at QB when they are clearly rebuilding and have 2 young guys?

Oh and CU competing in the PAC-12 in basketball... that'd be a good accomplishment if the PAC-12 wasn't a joke in basketball. The MWC STOMPS the PAC-12 in basketball.
    Doesn't matter because We got into the tourney and won a game.

Leave a comment:

• MegaOrange
    replied
    What a comeback by the Buffs today. Glad they could finally get that first W. Gutsy call by Webb at the line, but the kid pulled it off.
    Good comeback. Very young Buffs team, the experience they are gaining will hopefully pay off.

Leave a comment:

• BVP
    replied
    What a comeback by the Buffs today. Glad they could finally get that first W. Gutsy call by Webb at the line, but the kid pulled it off.

Leave a comment:

• BVP
    replied
    Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Yeah that's why CU beat the second best school in the Mountain West in the tournament. In a MWC arena.

And only 1 MWC school even won a tournament game.

The MWC isn't as great as some of its fans would like go believe.
    That's a fair argument, but if the MWC isn't very good, how come they had more head to head wins and 4 teams in the tournament compared to the PAC-12's 2?

Leave a comment:

• DenverBlood
    replied
    They need to fire everyone in the athletic department that has any connection to football. Bohn is a joke. Embree is clearly showing no improvement, and I have no idea where he is trying to take this program. Why has a senior been starting at QB when they are clearly rebuilding and have 2 young guys?

Oh and CU competing in the PAC-12 in basketball... that'd be a good accomplishment if the PAC-12 wasn't a joke in basketball. The MWC STOMPS the PAC-12 in basketball.
    Yeah that's why CU beat the second best school in the Mountain West in the tournament. In a MWC arena.

And only 1 MWC school even won a tournament game.

The MWC isn't as great as some of its fans would like go believe.

Leave a comment:

• BVP
    replied
    Man, CU is just getting harder and harder to watch this season.. Already down 21-7 with just a few minutes down in the 2nd quarter

Leave a comment:

• BVP
    replied
    Here's some history for you, CU won a National Championship in the Big 8 in 1990. They are well capable of competing with the big dogs as long as the right AD/Coach is in place.

We seem to be pretty good competing in College Basketball too in the Pac-12, so I think you can take your RMAC comment elsewhere. The smart people who make decisions at CU know better.

Leave a comment:

• Houshmazode
    replied
    You basically re-stated everything I said, so I'm not sure what you're trying to prove.

CU is way too big and good of a school to be competing in the RMAC today, & THAT'S why they were let into the pac-12.

CU is nationally ranked in public universities, have well over 30,000 students, a gorgeous campus and location, recruit players from the same areas as other pac-12 schools, and there is a lot of history here.. So yes, they can very well compete in the PAC-12 and in the country if they get the right administration in place to lead that charge.
    Not sure how but you completely missed the point.

Leave a comment:

• BluenOrnge4Life
    replied
    Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post
    Duh, every team is capable of winning a championship as long as they have the right administration and recruiting. CU has failed to do that for quite a while.

You might be offended that CU and CSU are both pretty terrible this year, but they would probably have a hard time breaking .500 in the RMAC.

There isn't many people in the athletic department involved with football besides Embree right now that make smart decisions. And the school/ academics administration is a joke.

My family has worked there for a combined 70 years, and my grandfather has had CU season tickets for 30 years. CU is lucky the Pac-12 even considered taking them in. The basketball program is on the rise and the coach is doing a great job recruiting, but it was a joke a few years ago and for a long time before that.
    You basically re-stated everything I said, so I'm not sure what you're trying to prove.

CU is way too big and good of a school to be competing in the RMAC today, & THAT'S why they were let into the pac-12.

CU is nationally ranked in public universities, have well over 30,000 students, a gorgeous campus and location, recruit players from the same areas as other pac-12 schools, and there is a lot of history here.. So yes, they can very well compete in the PAC-12 and in the country if they get the right administration in place to lead that charge.
    Last edited by BluenOrnge4Life; 09-21-2012, 12:03 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Houshmazode
    replied
    Here's some history for you, CU won a National Championship in the Big 12 in 1990. They are well capable of competing with the big dogs as long as the right AD/Coach is in place.

Duh, every team is capable of winning a championship as long as they have the right administration and recruiting. CU has failed to do that for quite a while.

You might be offended that CU and CSU are both pretty terrible this year, but they would probably have a hard time breaking .500 in the RMAC.

There isn't many people in the athletic department involved with football besides Embree right now that make smart decisions. And the school/ academics administration is a joke.

My family has worked there for a combined 70 years, and my grandfather has had CU season tickets for 30 years. CU is lucky the Pac-12 even considered taking them in. The basketball program is on the rise and the coach is doing a great job recruiting, but it was a joke a few years ago and for a long time before that.

Leave a comment:

• BluenOrnge4Life
    replied
    Originally posted by samparnell View Post
    If CU and CSU are having difficulty competing in football at the Division IA/FBS level, maybe they should apply for membership in their former conference. After all, CU owns ten RMAC football Championships and CSU five. Oops! There's football history again, a subject in which you seem to have little interest. Sorry.

Last edited by BluenOrnge4Life; 09-21-2012, 11:58 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Houshmazode
    replied
    Originally posted by samparnell View Post
    I wasn't trying to strike up a conversation with a football snob. Rather, I was responding to the state of college football in Colorado.

The RMAC is the fifth oldest athletic conference in the US. MIAA is Division III as is the Ohio Athletic Conference. The Missouri Valley Conference is Division IAA/FCS. The only Division IA/FBS conference older than RMAC is the Big Ten. The RMAC is the oldest Division II conference.

The RMAC currently has ten schools playing football six of which are in Colorado. Two are in NM, one is in Nebraska and one in South Dakota.

Pop Quiz: Which NFL team has an NCAA record holding player from the RMAC? Name the player and his school. Also, which Colorado school has won the most RMAC championships in football? And, what WR for the Broncos (1960-66) played in the RMAC?

Right now RMAC football has three Colorado schools undefeated and sharing first place. What's the matter? Don't you live in Colorado? Or, don't you like football?
    The Patriots, Danny Woodhead from Chadron. I saw him play WSC once. It was rape.

Which Colorado schoold has won the most RMAC championships? I have no idea but I'm going to guess Mines. I would guess that or Adams.

Lionel Taylor!

I didn't realize UNK left the RMAC recently.

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    If CU and CSU are having difficulty competing in football at the Division IA/FBS level, maybe they should apply for membership in their former conference. After all, CU owns ten RMAC football Championships and CSU five. Oops! There's football history again, a subject in which you seem to have little interest. Sorry.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X