Boise State Run D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boise State Run D

After giving up 330 yards rushing to UNM on Saturday, Boise State must be concerned about their run D. They need to get that fixed at least by the time they finish the season at Nevada.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Yes, you are correct. A big part of the problem seems to be assignments. They seem to do really well in one on one battles, but they really struggle against option teams. They never seem to stick to their assignments. It seemed as though the entire second half they never knew who had the pitch man.
    sigpic
    Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

I wanted to go to the game, but my kids said they were coming over. They didn't show up until 8PM. Oh, well.

The Lobos lost three fumbles on rushing attempts in the first half. Unlike Nevada, they don't have a passing game to balance the rushing attack.

Looks like Bob Davie is doing a good job of turning around the train wreck Krebs and Locksley created.

I wish Boise and SDSU weren't leaving the MWC.

Comment

We'd have had a very strong conference if everyone didn't leave.

Utah, BYU, TCU.

Add Boise and Fresno.

Now all we have is Fresno.
        2013 Adopt-a-Bronco: Demaryius Thomas

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
          I wanted to go to the game, but my kids said they were coming over. They didn't show up until 8PM. Oh, well.

The Lobos lost three fumbles on rushing attempts in the first half. Unlike Nevada, they don't have a passing game to balance the rushing attack.

Looks like Bob Davie is doing a good job of turning around the train wreck Krebs and Locksley created.
          Most of the rushing yards came in the second half. Boise did pretty well against the run in the first half. UNM was a little more balanced in the first half, but in the second half they abandoned the passing game and went solely to the triple option. Boise's problems in the second half looked like a combination of poor assignment execution and also the altitude seemed to affect them. Their NT is Michael Atkinson. He was giving UNM a lot of trouble in the first half. I think he caused two of the fumbles. However, in the second he was getting moved off the ball a lot. The entire front four looked really winded.

UNM does not look like the same team they were last year. They have a really good option QB to go along with a good speed back. They seem to rotate the option QB out when they want to pass however. I agree, it looks like they might be going in the right direction finally.

Boise is definitely not a top ten team like they were last year. They have always struggled against option teams in the second halves of games, especially if the offense isn't doing well with TOP.
          Last edited by Al Wilson 4 Mayor; 10-02-2012, 01:27 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Broncoholic3233 View Post
            We'd have had a very strong conference if everyone didn't leave.

Utah, BYU, TCU.

Add Boise and Fresno.

Now all we have is Fresno.
            Utah State and San Jose State are joining MWC next year, and there is still talk about some kind of an arrangement with CUSA.

Comment

Utah State and San Jose State are joining MWC next year, and there is still talk about some kind of an arrangement with CUSA.
              Utah State is pretty good.

Wouldn't call SJSU good.
              2013 Adopt-a-Bronco: Demaryius Thomas

sigpic

Comment

Wouldn't call SJSU good.
                Utah State is in a good market, and the HC they have there seems to be moving the program in the right direction. They had their first winning season in a long time last year, and they should have beaten Wisconsin earlier this year. They missed a 33 yard FG for the win in the last 30 seconds. I like Utah State.
                sigpic

Comment

Wouldn't call SJSU good.
                  Really? They are 4-1 with their only loss 20-17 @Stanford. They shut Navy out in Annapolis. They have defeated both MWC teams on their schedule including ... CSU.

Comment

Really? They are 4-1 with their only loss 20-17 @Stanford. They shut Navy out in Annapolis. They have defeated both MWC teams on their schedule including ... CSU.
                    That's pretty good. Is Tomei (sp?) still there?

I meant to say in the post above that Boise did well in the first half against the run, but I accidentally stated the second half. I've since edited it since when you likely read it.
                    Last edited by Al Wilson 4 Mayor; 10-02-2012, 01:30 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
                      That's pretty good. Is Tomei (sp?) still there?
                      SJSU's HC is Mike MacIntyre. SJSU was 1-11 in 2010 and 5-7 last year. Looks like they have things pointed in the right direction.

Comment

I thought Mel Tomei had retired, but I wasn't sure. He's done some good things at other programs, but really struggled at SJSU.
                        sigpic

Comment

SJSU and Utah State begin conference play a week from this Saturday against each other in San Jose, CA. I think it will be on ESPN.

SJSU will be coming off a bye week while Utah State is at BYU this Saturday.

Comment

SJSU and Utah State begin conference play a week from this Saturday against each other in San Jose, CA. I think it will be on ESPN.

SJSU will be coming off a bye week while Utah State is at BYU this Saturday.
                            I think Utah State will give BYU a run for their money.

I was referring to "Dick Tomey" above. I believe the name I referred to earlier was actually a comedian.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dick_Tomey
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
                              I think Utah State will give BYU a run for their money.

I was referring to "Dick Tomey" above. I believe the name I referred to earlier was actually a comedian.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dick_Tomey
                              Utah State defeated Utah 27-20 in OT the second game of the season. The following week they lost at Wisconsin by two points.

Both SJSU and Utah State are playing great football right now. It's cool how the MWC keeps robbing the WAC of their best teams to replace those who have left, but I don't know how much longer it can go on.

Were you thinking of Mel Torme? Love his version of "Putting on the Ritz".

Comment

Working...
                              X